Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dragunov (PC)

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Dragunov (PC)

This one's for justframe. It almost feels wrong to make a script for Dragunov... The character is seriously too strong to the point of being very close to OP. He has it all, mixups galore and the ability to do ridiculous damage from Lows. His execution heavy mechanic (f3~df,u..1 cancel), while 'good to know' is definitely not even necessary to do very high damage. Its primary function, especially the double cancel version, is extreme wall carry. Once at the wall you may as well give up and accept a loss, that's how many wall damage options he has...

Someone at Bamco has to be smoking crack... Why in the absolute blue hell is his WR2 safe on block?? A RUNNING move SAFE ON BLOCK... Also don't even get me started on his d2 'poke'... Most OP poke in the game if you ask me...

RS Up = qcf2, f4,4,3.. 1.. f3,2 (S!) fff...3,2,1 (10hit, 72 damage). Pretty standard sort of bread and butter from the D-man. If you remove the qcf2 from the script, it can be used as a Universal.

RS Right = qcf1, f,4,4,3.. 1.. f3~df,u1.. f1+2 (S!) fff d3,3 (10hit 68 damage). Solid combo starting from his backfist. Comes out extremely fast with strong wall carry.

RS Down = db3.. d2.. ws4.. 1.. f3~df,u1.. f1+2 (S!) fff wr2 (8hit 66 damage or so). Yeah, all that from a SWEEP... why his d2 poke has the ability to 'pick up OTG' I have no idea but its just BS. Note, IF YOU HAVE RAGE, the last wr2 hit becomes Rage Drive. If you continue to hold RS down after the Rage Drive, you get his d3+4 stomp for a total of 87 damage. If you don't have Rage, let go of the stick after the wr2.

RS Left = b2,1,d3 (!).. d2.. ws4.. b1,2 (S!) fff...3,2,1 (8hit, 61 damage). This is a mid, high, low MIXUP start. The beginning 2 hits and the sweep do NOT true combo but usually it won't be blocked unless your opponent knows the Dragunov matchup very well. For all intents and purposes this leads into a combo similar to the RS Down one but with much LESS wall carry, giving you more midscreen followup options after the S! if you want to manually followup. You can Rage Art after the S! if you want for 80 damage total.

RS Press = iWR2. That completely BS safe running while running 2... If you have Rage, it becomes instant while running Rage Drive into a full combo. If the Rage Drive lands, keep holding the button.

LS Press = Currently holding a variant of RS Down that does 1 damage less. However this variant is less likely to drop in lag as it does not use the f3~df,u1 cancel.

On that note, the f3~df,u1 cancel is very timing unfriendly. If you asked me to raw script this execution, I officially give up. Trying to raw script it will give you an f3 usually into a backfist and not the standing 1. Either that, or you'll simply jump 1. The inputs seem like a mess for it simply because any instances of this cancel are performed by hand. BECAUSE all these were performed by hand they technically should not drop in lag but no promises. It really is one hell of a messed up cancel similar to Nina's iWS1's, just not quite that hard. If anyone can come up with a 'clean raw' script for this cancel, please share it.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: Dragunov (PC)

The combos do not work in training mode, on the online compulsory to advance so that the combo is done in full otherwise it is cut

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

They work fine. As I said the cancels are very timing unfriendly and these are created/recorded on the PC version and intended for PC.

If they don't work on PS4 version due to its 7 frame input delay, then you have to edit/fix the timings yourself.

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post
    They work fine. As I said the cancels are very timing unfriendly and these are created/recorded on the PC version and intended for PC.

If they don't work on PS4 version due to its 7 frame input delay, then you have to edit/fix the timings yourself.
    tested the script online on ps4 , works flawlessly! Thanks a lot!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

i play the pc man

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Is there any way to assigned the combos to the L1/L2/R2/R1 and L3/R3 buttons? I changed it but it did not work .

Edited the buttons under the 'Edit this part for combo runs' but it did not help. They still only worked with the stick.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Is it even the right part to edit it?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

you would need to change the combo cancel conditions as well. Under the cancel combos condition section of the script, where it says (abs(get_val (9)), change it to (abs(get_val (PS4_L1)) and remove the <=20, do the same with 10, 11, and 12 changing them to L2, R1, and R2 (it does not matter which button you place where). That should have been the problem if the combos just weren't starting.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I just tested the script and it works fine... Were the combos not starting in general?

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    you would need to change the combo cancel conditions as well. Under the cancel combos condition section of the script, where it says (abs(get_val (9)), change it to (abs(get_val (PS4_L1)) and remove the <=20, do the same with 10, 11, and 12 changing them to L2, R1, and R2 (it does not matter which button you place where). That should have been the problem if the combos just weren't starting.
    I will try this bro I did not change this o maybe this was the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I just tested the script and it works fine... Were the combos not starting in general?
    I changed it under this 'EDIT THIS PART OF SCRIPT for combo run'

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Bro just did what you said but I now get an Syntax error. I will include the script see what I am doing wrong.

Attached Files Attached Files

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Bro just did what you said but I now get an Syntax error. I will include the script see what I am doing wrong.
    A few things:
    whenever you get an 'unexpected' error like this:

It means that something you need to put before the { is missing. In this case you just needed one more parenthesis at the end of the statement.

Also since this script had combos mapped to L3 and R3 already, changing the combo buttons for combos 3 and 4 to L3 and R3 would cause both combos to run at once, which will make both of them fail. If you want to make the script switch sides with L2 and R2 and also not have any of the combos mapped to stick movements, you'll have to give up on two of the combos because there isn't enough room for all of them.

And when youre editing the buttons that start the combos, you need to edit this part:
    if (get_val (10) <= -80) { cancel=1;
    i = get_combo_index(Combo1);
    }
    Just like with the cancel statements, you change the 9, 10, 11, and 12 numbers to change what runs the combo. The green text you edited doesn't change anything in the script. Any green text with a // before it is just a comment left by the creator to help point out things about the script to anyone looking through it.

See if this works for you:

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

A few things:
    whenever you get an 'unexpected' error like this:

It means that something you need to put before the { is missing. In this case you just needed one more parenthesis at the end of the statement.

Also since this script had combos mapped to L3 and R3 already, changing the combo buttons for combos 3 and 4 to L3 and R3 would cause both combos to run at once, which will make both of them fail. If you want to make the script switch sides with L2 and R2 and also not have any of the combos mapped to stick movements, you'll have to give up on two of the combos because there isn't enough room for all of them.

And when youre editing the buttons that start the combos, you need to edit this part:

Just like with the cancel statements, you change the 9, 10, 11, and 12 numbers to change what runs the combo. The green text you edited doesn't change anything in the script. Any green text with a // before it is just a comment left by the creator to help point out things about the script to anyone looking through it.

See if this works for you:
    Ahhh I see bro thanks for the detailed explanation it really helped me to understand a little bit about how to change the assigned buttons for certain combos. Will defiantly help out later.

And I will try your test script to see if its working as I want. And again thnx for you input.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Hello KS, for some reasons at random times if you trigger a combo it wont don't the sequence

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by muplayer2000 View Post
    Hello KS, for some reasons at random times if you trigger a combo it wont don't the sequence
    Is anyone else getting this problem? Coz I swear I cannot replicate it... I played around in Treasure Battle for hours using this script without a single problem.

The script is using my general 'template' so if my other scripts work, this one will work as well considering all I do is simply replace the combo data.

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Is anyone else getting this problem? Coz I swear I cannot replicate it... I played around in Treasure Battle for hours using this script without a single problem.

The script is using my general 'template' so if my other scripts work, this one will work as well considering all I do is simply replace the combo data.
    Bro how do you get the combo data if i may ask? I want to create my own script but I have no idea where to get or how to get the combo data to use them?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I record combos myself using the Max Combo plugin. That's the only way I know how to make combos: manually, by good old fashioned player skill. Then I look at the recorded data and just delete any extra inputs and 'clean it up' a bit to save as much bytespace as possible before converting to data using Script Manipulator.

Unlike justframe or falconpunch, I am not a 'scripter'. I have no real idea or the patience to actually 'create a script' step by step... I tried once, I think I got as far as being able to input 5 moves before thinking its just easier to pick up an arcade stick and learn to play :P

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

I record combos myself using the Max Combo plugin. That's the only way I know how to make combos: manually, by good old fashioned player skill. Then I look at the recorded data and just delete any extra inputs and 'clean it up' a bit to save as much bytespace as possible before converting to data using Script Manipulator.

Unlike justframe or falconpunch, I am not a 'scripter'. I have no real idea or the patience to actually 'create a script' step by step... I tried once, I think I got as far as being able to input 5 moves before thinking its just easier to pick up an arcade stick and learn to play :P
    Ahh I see yeah there are some combos that I cant even do myself so its going to be hard to do it the way you do lol.

Maybe justframe and falconpunch can teach me how to script the combo data? Or maybe show me a guide where I can see how to do it?

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

Can someone here please tell me how to put a dash move in a script? So run dash and then continue a combo on a off the ground opponent? I tried everything but cant get it to work.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Dash is all about timing between directions. All it is is:

FORWARD, 100
    wait(40); <--- should be a small number, the first forward is being 'tapped' very quickly after all, but as I've said you do not want to put a timing SO SMALL that the engine will ignore it half the time. 40 is a 'human' delay.
    FORWARD, 0
    wait(40);
    FORWARD, 100
    wait(xxx); <-- this wait determines how long you will allow the dash to continue. If you want to wait until the forward dash fully animates, set a number like 250-300.
    FORWARD, 0 <-- let go of forward
    wait(yyy); <-- how long to delay before you start the actual combo inputs, usually a 30 to 60 for a more 'human realistic' delay.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

KS212 i noticed your script won't trigger after you block an attack or when you get up after getting hit, you forced to reset again by double tap run forwards then it works. Not sure what is causing this but getting hit or blocking seem to mess up the trigger sequence

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by muplayer2000 View Post
    KS212 i noticed your script won't trigger after you block an attack or when you get up after getting hit, you forced to reset again by double tap run forwards then it works. Not sure what is causing this but getting hit or blocking seem to mess up the trigger sequence
    That doesn't happen to me... As I've said I played for quite a while in Treasure Battle with this script.

Nobody else is complaining about this either so it could be just you. For testing purposes, try running the script not from a pre-programmed slot, but just have the script open and click 'Build and Run' and test it that way. Does it still happen then?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

That doesn't happen to me... As I've said I played for quite a while in Treasure Battle with this script.

Nobody else is complaining about this either so it could be just you. For testing purposes, try running the script not from a pre-programmed slot, but just have the script open and click 'Build and Run' and test it that way. Does it still happen then?
    Hi KS ,Compiled build and run no issues. When i test it in practice vs a idle computer no problem works as intended, but as soon as i put the Computer mode versus me , if i either block or get hit and get up the combo won't trigger anymore, its like when you press the trigger button it get jerky and will only do a random punch or kick when trigger is pressed. Not sure why the double tap forward reset it again and makes it work.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

KS when i compile your script i get these warning:

WARNING: Combo 'RUMBLE_NOTIFICATION' is never used, This warning originated from line 702 column 0
    WARNING: Function 'convert_back_forward' is never used, This warning originated from line 765 column 0
    WARNING: Variable 'switch' is never used...
    WARNING: Variable 'delay_t' is never assigned a value and will always have it's default value '0'...
    WARNING: Variable 'RUMBLE_TYPE' is never assigned a value and will always have it's default value '0'...
    WARNING: Variable 'EndOfCombo' is never used...
    WARNING: Variable 'CanStart' is never used...
    Compilation completed with 7 warning(s)

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

'never used' warnings won't stop the script from working, its just letting you know there are unused variables in the script.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Hey, great script, my only issue im having on ps4 is when you hit back on the dpad, the combos stop working on the left side. I need them to switch sides using R3 an L3 if possible?

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Got to hit right or left on the D-Pad (depending on which way your opponent is) before hitting the combos

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Does this mean editing each 7 every wait frame in the combos? your right it doesn't work online for PS4. does work offline no problem!

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

No you don't have to edit EVERY frame (that's just too much...).

What you have to do is go into Training mode and pick Xiaoyu or Chloe, they are the smallest characters in the game and combos should always be tested on them. Test the combo and note at which input/part it drops at and you need to see is it dropping because the input is TOO FAST (from PC to PS4 most likely too fast) or TOO SLOW (doubtful).

If its too fast, you need to increase the delay between moves. The best way to edit scripts is to decomplie the entire lot into GPC format using Script Manipulator... take the specific combo that's dropping and toss it into a clean one-combo template for testing. Then you can play around with the timings.

All of my combo INPUTS are by hand, so they are utilizing natural human delay. You simply need to play around with the wait times in between parts.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Gotcha - Thanks

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Got it done for PS4 online / treasure battles - works great. I switched changing sides to be done just by pressing or clicking R3/L3. Ive tried to move combo 5 and 6 to the L1/L2 buttons (theses are the combos you previously had for R3 and L3 click) to no success can you help me out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast