Topic: Converting script from pc to ps4 (and vice versa)

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Converting script from pc to ps4 (and vice versa)

So I play on both platforms and I've noticed scripts made for PC drop much more frequently on ps4, is there a way to convert combos so that they work as reliably on the ps4 version as PC? I know I probably hade to change the wait times, but by how much?

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Re: Converting script from pc to ps4 (and vice versa)

The timings are most likely the only thing to adjust, by how much is almost impossible to really say as the game may or may not have the same timings internally on PC and console, you'd most likely just have to try to adjust the timings slightly (+/- 10 at a time) until you find the sweet spot(s)

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

PS4 has around 7 frames of input lag. PC version WITHOUT VSYNC has around 4, 6 with VSYNC on.

All my scripts were done with vsync off.

Remember when editing that while a difference of 3 frames may seem small, it is 3 frames PER INPUT. One direction press counts as 1 input. So all the 3's add up very fast. If something is dropping, adjust the wait time delay between moves unless a specific move itself is not finishing, then you have to adjust the delay in between input release and input press by about 10 each time (if the script is in data format, adjust by 1's, 1 = 10 in data format).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

As KS212 said, the reason they drop is due to the difference in input lag, the console versions have more of it. Usually that means you have to increase the wait times from what was working on PC.

If you do have the option of developing scripts on console, I would recommend it. I've noticed that whenever I make a script on console and then test it on PC, its always worked right away without needing adjustments. But when I start on PC and then test on console, I'm always having to change things. Developing on console has made the difference between spending half an hour tweaking a combo and half a day.

If you must script on PC, the best advice I can give is to try and push the wait times to the limit. If the next hit in a combo will land after a wait time of 500, but can be delayed up to 700 and still hit, always go with the 700. Then its much more likely to work on console.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

So if I go from PC to ps4, I have to increase the timings, and if I go from ps4 to PC I have to reduce the timings? Or maybe it wont be needed since ps4 will work on PC by default.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post

If you must script on PC, the best advice I can give is to try and push the wait times to the limit. If the next hit in a combo will land after a wait time of 500, but can be delayed up to 700 and still hit, always go with the 700. Then its much more likely to work on console.
    All that being said, I find the problem only really happens if you are SCRIPTING a combo from the ground up.

If you are RECORDING a combo using max combo, I generally find that unless you're performing a really difficult combo like say Jin's $100 dollar combo or Nina's iWR1's, so long as you do it by hand, the combo will work on either platform.

The reason for this is the game is naturally designed for NORMAL HUMAN LEVELS of input regardless of platform. Someone who is used to PS4 may pick up the PC ver and go 'wow this is much smoother!' but at the end of the day there is very little to transition when we are talking player ability. The human hands can only move so fast and that is what the game is tuned for.

My point in all this? If you are having trouble scripting something, try recording it instead. After you record for a while you will be amazed at how 'slow' the timings are for what you previously thought may be a super tight combo. A lot of ppl make the cardinal mistake of thinking that just because a combo looks extremely tight, it MUST be done 'as fast as possible'. This is completely utterly wrong and I've said it before... Tekken is one of the loosest, most leniently timed games in existence.

If a combo is failing to link, its NOT because your timing is incorrect... if a combo fails, 9/10 times you are missing the 'trick' for it.

One last thing, if you are trying to script any combos involving electrics (EWGF etc), be aware that electrics have a tendency to OCCASIONALLY launch the victim on a slight angle. This will greatly throw off the juggle point at times if your combo is dependant on say, hitting the very tips of the toes... This is by design and has existed since Tekken 1... Electrics are inconsistent by nature so don't be surprised if some tight combos will never be 100%.

Jin's $100 dollar combo for example, you will never EVER get that 100% in a script. Ever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

I didnt even know you could record combos like that, how is it done?

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    I didnt even know you could record combos like that, how is it done?
    You have your cronus connected to the console and pc (via pc prg port on the side), and in CronusPRO you open the MAXCombo plugin from the plugins menu, it should be fairly self explanatory how that actually works from there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post: