Topic: Will Drive Hub work on the Xbox 360?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Will Drive Hub work on the Xbox 360?

Hello my question is will this work on the x box 360 as well or is it just for ps4 & x box one?

Zen Beta Tester

User Info Menu

Re: Will this work on X box 360

It doesn't support XBOX360. There was never a USB wheel for 360... they were all wireless..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply and the csr wheel from fanatec was a wired usb wheel for the 360.

Zen Beta Tester

User Info Menu

See page 20 of the manual https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/suppor..._product_id;62 ...

Xbox 360 Mode
    The Forza Motorsport CSR wheel communicates wirelessly with the
    Xbox 360 and does not need a cable or dongle.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Re: Will Drive Hub work on the Xbox 360?

Would it be technically possible if a battery powered wireless sender was plugged into the Console port of the Drive Hub & connected to the Xbox 360, & the Xbox 360 wireless reciever was plugged into the Wheel port?

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VBR73 View Post
    Would it be technically possible if a battery powered wireless sender was plugged into the Console port of the Drive Hub & connected to the Xbox 360, & the Xbox 360 wireless reciever was plugged into the Wheel port?
    The obstacle isn't how you connect the wheel, the obstacle is the output...

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzy View Post
    The obstacle isn't how you connect the wheel, the obstacle is the output...
    Yes, that's why I mentioned using a battery powered wireless sender (not reciever) on the console out port to connect the Drive Hub to the X Box 360. Is such a thing technically possible?

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VBR73 View Post
    Yes, that's why I mentioned using a battery powered wireless sender (not reciever) on the console out port to connect the Drive Hub to the X Box 360. Is such a thing technically possible?
    It could be, but that's alot of hard work that requires special hardware to get working... more then it's worth seeing as the Xbox 360 don't have alot of racing games that actually supports a wheel

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    It doesn't support XBOX360. There was never a USB wheel for 360... they were all wireless..
    [MENTION=60674]Podger[/MENTION] Logitech DriveFX, MadCatz MC2, Joytech Nitro were wired 360 wheels to name a few. I would like to see added support for the PS3/X360 down the road & also fixing the Xbox 360 Back-Comp racing wheel support for the device, as MS added support for modern wheels like the G920 to be "spoofed" as a MS Wireless wheel in games like F1 2014 or Daytona USA (I tested Daytona USA, it re-calibrates the wheel while booting the game, and locks the wheel from being properly used.

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

For what its worth none of the wheels mentioned above support force feedback, they were all pretty crappy. Some of them supported rumble motors but that was it if I recall correctly..

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hydenwalls For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I do believe Mad Catz released a wired Xbox 360 wheel
    https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire.../dp/B000BQUV5M
    I would love if there was proper Force Feedback support for the 360, lots of great titles for it like Forza 2,3,4, Race Pro, etc. but console is too old and I don't play it enough to warrant buying a decent Xbox 360 wheel.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MotoBoy View Post
    I do believe Mad Catz released a wired Xbox 360 wheel
    https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire.../dp/B000BQUV5M
    I would love if there was proper Force Feedback support for the 360, lots of great titles for it like Forza 2,3,4, Race Pro, etc. but console is too old and I don't play it enough to warrant buying a decent Xbox 360 wheel.
    The Mad Catz had "vibration feedback technology" not Force Feedback.

The issue also, is that the game would need to support FFB as well as the wheel, so even if the wheel could be made to work on the 360 chances are you wouldn't get any true FFB.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AntinOz For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AntinOz View Post
    The Mad Catz had "vibration feedback technology" not Force Feedback.

The issue also, is that the game would need to support FFB as well as the wheel, so even if the wheel could be made to work on the 360 chances are you wouldn't get any true FFB.

Does it *have* to be Wired in order to emulate the functionality on the DriveHub? Is not possible to emulate the MS Wireless 360 Wheel & its FFB onto other wheels? The only other 360 wheels that had FFB (not wired though) were some of the Fantec Wheels (Like the Porsche 911 GT2, CSR Wheel, CSR Elite) and there was also a MadCatz FFB Wireless wheel as well.

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

It's a hell of alot easier to capture the traffic from a wired wheel then a wireless, especially on Xbox 360 as they use a proprietary 2.4Ghz communication protocol, if it was bluetooth there would've been tools available to capture such traffic...

There's also the part where the Drivehub connects to the console via USB, the wireless protocol doesn't work as USB, which means it wouldn't end up working regardless...

Zen Beta Tester

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XeCuTioNR View Post
    Does it *have* to be Wired in order to emulate the functionality on the DriveHub? Is not possible to emulate the MS Wireless 360 Wheel & its FFB onto other wheels? The only other 360 wheels that had FFB (not wired though) were some of the Fanatec Wheels (Like the Porsche 911 GT2, CSR Wheel, CSR Elite) and there was also a MadCatz FFB Wireless wheel as well.
    Yes it has to be wired. The only 3rd party company to produce a 360 wireless device chip was Datel and M$ sued the shit out of them. They then set record for the fastest approved Patent in history... they neglected to patent the wireless technology assuming that they had made it secure enough not to be replicated..

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Yes it has to be wired. The only 3rd party company to produce a 360 wireless device chip was Datel and M$ sued the shit out of them. They then set record for the fastest approved Patent in history... they neglected to patent the wireless technology assuming that they had made it secure enough not to be replicated..
    Fair enough, I will say when I *did* have a Logitech DriveFX wheel (wired) and the MadCatz MC2 Wheel, they both were acted if they were the wireless MS Wheel, just didnt perform like them (DriveFX was a solid wheel for what it was though & even used it on PC for awhile for GTR & Project Torque/Heat Online). Regardless, I still hope to see it come to the DriveHub sometime.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I purchased this Drive Hub in hopes to eliminate having multiple wheels. The lack of support for the older systems defeats that purpose for me. Not needing to have or setup a different wheel would be a huge benefit!

Not to mention that te drivehub does not seem to not have support for a "Options" "Start" button to play WRC 7,6, Need For Speed, or The Crew

Racing games/sims are basically the only reason I "play". For me a wheel is the only way, thats how we drive.

I guess I should have looked into it further before purchasing, now I may just sell the Xbox One and both Forza titles, get more pc titles, and eventually probably drop consoles all together. To much trying to keep up with all the different gear for each console.