Topic: Devil Jin (PC) - Now with 100% more FZZZT and BZZZCHCH! :D

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Devil Jin (PC) - Now with 100% more FZZZT and BZZZCHCH! :D

Let me say straight up before anything else: I know falconpunch has already previously done a Devil Jin script and this is in NO WAY even the tinest bit of disrespect to him or his work. I respect falconpunch very much for his invaluable contributions to our community.

All that being said however, I felt I could do better... Devil Jin is an extremely strong character but at the same time very hard to use. Not as hard as base Jin, but still pretty hard nonetheless. So, I feel this script will give just a bit more 'oomph' to those thinking 'I'm SURE this character can do more...'. Unlike falconpunch's script, most of these combos are very tightly linked and use a lot of EWGF.

RS Up = u4~FLY+1 (S!).. ff3,1.. 1,2.. f3+4 (8hit, 60 damage) Standard combo starting from his up4 flipkick. Has decent wall carry.

RS Right = EWGF x2.. ff4 (S!), ff3,1~ff,2..f3+4 (8hit, 75 damage). This is the most consistent combo DVJ has using 2 electrics. Strong damage.

RS Down = Hellsweep.. EWGF..2..b2,3 (S!).. ff3,1~ff.. DEWGF (8hit, 54 damage). DVJ's trademark Hellsweep combo ending with a dashing EWGF. This is the max damage possible from Hellsweep.

RS Left = EWGF.. Laser.. ff4 (S!), ff3,1~ff,2.. f3+4 (8hit, 77 damage). This is the max damage variant of the RS Right combo. It looks way cooler due to the use of devil laser, but is oddly inconsistent. The last f3+4 will occasionally (like 3 out of 10 times) drop on smaller characters. No matter how many times I re-record this by hand, that seems to be the best possible. Videos online will also testify this combo is inconsistent, most likely due to the EWGF start. As I've explained in the past, electrics have a tendency to launch on an angle at times and this will cause just enough of a hitbox shortening to cause 1-2 hits to miss. Use at your own risk and you can pretty much forget this ever working online, don't even bother. There's a reason why I included a variant of this combo.

RS Press (R3) = EWGF x5 (5 hit, 65 damage). Yep, exactly what it says. The 'legendary' 5x EWGF in a row like on my Kazuya script. Kazuya and Devil Jin both can do a max of 6 EWGF in a row but the 6th hit is way too inconsistent to even bother adding. This is at least a pretty consistent 5x in a row. DVJ is much harder to do than Kazuya as DVJ does not have a PEWGF. For those who want to know, the string is: EWGF, DEWGF, EWGF, DEWGF, DEWGF. Whereas Kazuya's is EWGF, PEWGF, DEWGF x3-4.

LS Press (L3) = Hellsweep OTG into FLY+1 into Air Devil Laser trap. This is a Hellsweep start that does a knockdown string for around 39 damage, but then will attempt to fry the opponent off the ground with the airborne Devil Laser. This is naturally a 'trap'. If your opponent does not roll to the side, they will eat the Devil Laser at the end for full unscaled damage right as they get up. They HAVE to side roll. Depending on how smart your opponent is, you may or may not get some use out of this. I put this on the L3 press as I don't expect ppl to get much use out of it. It is not really a consistent go-to but when used correctly it can pay dividends. Mix it up with the Hellsweep combo.

I've incorporated justframe's new movement options into the script (thanks buddy, and please don't kill me! :P) as always they are very well done. Full credits to him for the movement options except I've made ONE change. Instead of iWR, I've replaced it with a proper Mishima Wavedash. This wouldn't have been possible w/o justframe's side switching method so once again full credit and thanks to him for the side switch method.

Switch sides with Left or Right on DPAD.

As always, my scripts are made on the PC VERSION of Tekken 7 with VSync OFF. This means they are timed for 4 frames of input lag versus the PS4's 7 frames of lag. This is naturally a huge difference so don't expect this to work on the PS4 'as is'. It MAY work, chances are inputs may be too early. I do not have the PS4 version, so please don't ask me to 'fix' the script for PS4.

FOR THOSE WHO PLAY WITH A DUALSHOCK 4 The version below, instead of swapping sides with Left and Right will let you swap sides by touching the left and right side of the TOUCH PAD. This is a way for me to keep my L3 and R3 combo buttons, and yet have the benefits of not swapping sides every time I backdash.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: Devil Jin (PC) - Now with 100% more FZZZT and BZZZCHCH! :D

Grrrr... caught a small bug in the movement script. The fix is below.

Find the combo 'KBD' (or search for //movement script start). Replace the 3 instances of LEFT with BACK and save.

Alternatively just replace that entire block with the one below:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

You should make a nice yoshi since i can't atm lol.. I know you have something for him that can be useful

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by falconpunch323 View Post
    You should make a nice yoshi since i can't atm lol.. I know you have something for him that can be useful
    Yoshi is pretty hard to play, arguably the hardest of the oldskool chars lol. But yeah I'll see what I can do.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

thanks also is it possible to make the side switch button only use 1 button? instead of two i would just want one to switch it back

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohkarmahd View Post
    thanks also is it possible to make the side switch button only use 1 button? instead of two i would just want one to switch it back
    1 button will be pretty hard to do as you'd have to first define a variable, then 'set' it. Then the button would have to trigger an IF statement after first checking the value ie if current value = left then set value to right, and vice versa. I know the logic of how I'd script it, but I don't know how to actually script it.

I'd also advise against it as during a heated match, you NEED an 'absolute' so that you know instantly which side you're facing... nothing gives this except literally pressing a left button or right button, hence why everyone uses 2 button switches.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

thanks for the reply,

btw you can do hellsweep to 5 ewgf https://youtu.be/ybVdScdYIRo?t=218

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohkarmahd View Post
    thanks for the reply,

btw you can do hellsweep to 5 ewgf https://youtu.be/ybVdScdYIRo?t=218
    Hmmmmm... I must try that... That literally is 4x DEWGF in a row after one EWGF. But ugh the SCALING...

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

woah, movement AND all these combos?!? this looks like a beast script. looking forward to trying it out - thanks!

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Ok - its only RS up combo that doesn't connect, after the 4th hit I just get 1 and 2 jabs consistently. will try tweaking.

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

OK not gonna lie I really like this but what i have been doing for my personal enjoyment is this. I took my script took the first 4 combos put them on ls then took your combos put them on rs put the movements on the bumpers for up step down step kbd and wave dash, then made it where you press l3 r3 to do side changes because you guys were right its wayyy better that way lol did this for all my scripts in tekken very good mashups. I like to see improvements on the things that are already out it makes everything so much more fun so thanks for keeping them coming..

lol I mean I use the format not all the scripts in combination but I did take this devil jin and mash it with mine your combos were very nice

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Heheh, we all have our preferred way to play but the one thing which is becoming 'standard' is justframe's movement scripts.

It just makes perfect sense to have them on LS and they are too good. Ever since he came up with a proper way to switch sides too we can now have a choice between instant while running, wavedash or whatever dash cancel.

I still say Tekken is the only game you can ever get away with having a sideswitch on a button press coz you rarely change direction. Trying to put sideswitch on MK, SF, KOF, Blazblue, GGXrd, etc.... yeah you would get DESTROYED. The opponent only needs to constantly attempt to jump over you and you'll be doing nothing but pressing L3/R3 and never getting back to the DPAD :P

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

true i like his movements a lot they do help Im just a greedy greedy man that is used to having 8 or more combos.. that and for some reason I am terrible at trying to use the ls for anything other than holding for a combo lmao its crazy but its true. but with movement on the bumpers and triggers i can step and move without missing a beat and still have access to the d pad to get in or just use a trigger to wave in its optimal for me but yea I love the movements that he has in is scripts lol. the only one that I use of my own is my kings and my pauls lol cuz IDC if it looks cheaty I die laughing at that turbowave haha and paul because you can wave into tri and do deathfist.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hello man!

im new with this script things!

i tried to copy and paste but got error script dosent work on GTuner pro.
    could you please Tell me step by step

Thanks in advance! <3