Topic: Drive Hub Modes Explained

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Drive Hub Modes Explained

I see a lot of repeated questions so i'll add to this list any time I see something new or relevant.

What is Fanatec Mode?

This allows Fanatec owners to fully utilize the native Fanatec features, buttons and displays if supported in your favorite racing game.

Fanatec Mode emulates a Fanatec CSL Elite and a P1 Rim on both the PS4 and Xbox One.

If the game supports a Fanatec CSL Elite natively - we highly recommend you use the Fanatec mode and NOT Fanalogic mode (which is the default setting of the Drive Hub). Especially if you have a CSW2.0 or CSW2.5.

F1 2017 and Project Cars 2 have official Fanatec CSL Elite SDK/Drivers in the game. More may be added soon. If your game does not have native support for the CSL Elite (such as F1 2016), use Fanalogic mode.

If you have a CSW 2.5 and connect it to Port 1 of the Drive Hub, it will be converted to a CSW 2.0 and will also work in Project Cars, F1 2015, S Leon, The Crew, Dirt Rally & WRC5. This mode also lets you use port 2 and 3 for accessories.

The only games that truly need Fanalogic mode at this point are DriveClub, DriveClub VR, WRC 6 & F1 2016.

Fanatec List of support games for CSL Elite:
    - PS4
    - Xbox One

Note: In Project Cars, this wheel/rim combo wasn't available when the game launched so there isn't a specific config for it, that's why it shows the stock photo of what looks like an Xbox 360 wireless wheel. In this profile the default for now is shifter or clutch. You have to go to the in-game options and edit the configuration to map the clutch, handbrake if you have one and the 8 gears and probably the paddles. You should also configure the wheel so that the rotation is picked up correctly.

What is Fanalogic Mode?

This is the default setting of the Drive Hub and enables you to use your favorite Fanatec wheel (including PC wheel bases) with your favorite racing game on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, no more having to buy a new wheel or base just play on your favorite platform.

Fanalogic Mode on the Xbox One Emulates a Logitech G920
    Fanalogic Mode on the PS4 Emulates a Logitech G29

Fanalogic Mode is required for GT Sport as native Fanatec support has been removed.

You can also enjoy the added benefit of Adaptive Force technology, which enhances your Fanatec wheel by adding the missing environmental effects while playing Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon Games (Fanalogic Mode only).

What is Direct Drive Mode?

Sony initially allowed game developers to dictate compatibility in their PlayStation 4 racing games, a privilege that was rescinded in 2016 fragmenting Fanatec wheel support. The Drive Hub restores this compatibility for newer Fanatec wheels with the added benefit of using the accessory port when cross branding Shifters and pedal sets. To use the Direct Drive mode simply plug your wheel into the Controller port on the Drive Hub and then Plug the Drive Hub into the console with the included micro USB Cable .

No Authentication controller is required. Firmware must be updated to at least v2.0.0

DD= Direct Drive, FL= Fanalogic, F=Fanatec

Does Fanatec 299 Firmware work?

Drive Hub works fine with CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E XB1, CSL E PS4 on version 299. We recommend that the CSW be in PC mode to use its advanced features.

As for firmware versions in the future, we've no idea about those until they're released. We'll look at issues (if any) with future releases as they arise.

What are the different Drive Hub Firmware versions?

Example of the firmware list:

2.0.1-beta.05 is the latest beta with the latest fixes.
    2.0.0-rc.14 is the latest supported release.
    2.0.0-beta.19
    2.0.0-beta.18

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: Drive Hub FAQ

If you have suggestions you think we should add to the FAQ - post in here

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Hello, is it possible to know the cost of shipping to Italy?

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TombyLee88 View Post
    Hello, is it possible to know the cost of shipping to Italy?
    For priority courier around $29.99. For first class airmail around $14.99

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I need a longer usb cable from my ps4 to the drive hub. Which one do I purchase?

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Any good quality USB cable should work fine. Make sure it is a data cable not a charging cable as some of the charging cables don't have all pins connected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AntinOz For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I am trying to get a Thrustmaster TX (xbox one) wheel working on my PS4... I bought a *****s super converter thinking it would do the job but... no force feedback and a load of other issues.
    Now I see this drive hub and I am thinking it would be great but it seams to be just a preorder? I am also seeing the cronusmax plus has wheel support? is the drive hub wheel support different than the cronus max? I also see there was a product called a titan 2 by another company, I also can't seem to get any recent info on that either...
    I'm just looking to find the best solution to using my racing wheels with my ps4.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flux302 View Post
    I am trying to get a Thrustmaster TX (xbox one) wheel working on my PS4... I bought a *****s super converter thinking it would do the job but... no force feedback and a load of other issues.
    Now I see this drive hub and I am thinking it would be great but it seams to be just a preorder? I am also seeing the cronusmax plus has wheel support? is the drive hub wheel support different than the cronus max? I also see there was a product called a titan 2 by another company, I also can't seem to get any recent info on that either...
    I'm just looking to find the best solution to using my racing wheels with my ps4.
    I bought mine for the very same reason you're considering it. I highly recommend the Drive Hub. It was very simple to set up. It was literally plug and play.
    I happen to have the same wheel base as you and I'm using my TX on the PS4 to play GT Sport without issue.

Thumbs Up from me!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PleasntNightmre For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flux302 View Post
    It's not on Pre Order, the Drive Hub has been out now for a few weeks. Sales have been unprecedented so have had to switch to back order every now and again but new stock is replenished after a couple of days.

***** converters won't do anything that you are looking for and neither will Titan 2.

Drive Hub is THE most advanced racing wheel converter in the world. Period. It's all you need

You can order right now: https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

SILVER I

User Info Menu

GUYS REALLY ?....

just to be ok with myself on what i have understand....

just to be clear

with your drivehub i can use "now" a fanatec csw 2.5 with gtsport ... in compatibility mode.. and WHEN poliphony digital update the game with csl elite ps4 support sdk i can use csw 2.5 BASICLY A NATIVE WHEELS WITH FANATEC SDK THRU YOUR DRIVEHUB ???

is this right ????...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dannydj For This Useful Post:

Zen Beta Tester

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dannydj View Post
    GUYS REALLY ?....

just to be ok with myself on what i have understand....

just to be clear

with your drivehub i can use "now" a fanatec csw 2.5 with gtsport ... in compatibility mode.. and WHEN poliphony digital update the game with csl elite ps4 support sdk i can use csw 2.5 BASICLY A NATIVE WHEELS WITH FANATEC SDK THRU YOUR DRIVEHUB ???

is this right ????...
    YUP !

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    YUP !
    MADRE DE DIOS...

i buy it immediately ...

THANK YOU...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dannydj For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Got my drive hub the other day. I thought I read that it would work with PlayStation tv (really hoping to be able to use my steering wheel in my studio) has anyone gotten a thrust master to to work with Gran Turismo over a PlayStation tv? Running into an issue where I have to keep a controller on or the PlayStation tv disconnects... but with a controller connected drive hub is t being seen as a controller

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: Drive Hub Modes Explained

Wheel: Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals.
    Platform: PS4
    My Drivehub recognizes the CSR wheel immediately with a "C"-"S"-"r" scrolling initially on the drivehub.
    When it recognizes it an "L" for briefly appears on my wheel's display ( for "Fanalogic" mode) then disappears.
    I can't figure out how to place it into "Fanatec" mode because I can't figure out what button represents the "share" & "options" buttons on the CSR wheel.
    The wheel works fine in "L" (Fanalogic mode), but I want to try "F" (Fanatec mode) and see or rather "feel" the difference.
    ***Looking for the correct buttons on the CSR wheel so I may set the wheel on "F" for "Fanatec mode"***