Topic: GPC Language Definition for Notepad++

SILVER II

User Info Menu

GPC Language Definition for Notepad++

Hi to all. I bought CronusMax stick few days ago and I immediately start to try to program it. I'm an "old school" programmer, I'm coming from Basic, C and other "old and boring" languages and now my work is to program PLC and Robots for the industry. I like very much to use Notepad++ for programming and I was very surprise when I didn't found a GPC language definition already done, so i just did it. Now i want to share it with you, hoping that when i will need some help, you guys will support me! Just kidding, of course! Please, feel free do install it, try it and report me any mistake or missing. I will try to keep the language definition updated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to simone71 For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: GPC Language Definition for Notepad++

This is awesome!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

LEGENDARY EAGLE

User Info Menu

I've attached 3 updated packages with AutoComplete and Syntaxhighlighting of everything as follows:

Notepad++ CMP + XAim GPC.zip <--- CronusMAX Plus including X-Aim
    Notepad++ CronusMAX Plus GPC.zip <--- CronusMAX Plus ONLY
    Notepad++ X-Aim GPC.zip <--- X-Aim ONLY

Usage is pretty simple, as mentioned in the installation document by simone71 you copy 'n' paste the "CronusMAX Plus GPC.xml" file to "%programfiles(x86)%/Notepad++/plugins/APIs/" (or wherever you installed Notepad++ to), and you import the "CronusMAX Plus GPC Def.xml" as a User defined language (can be found in the lower left corner if you click on that or under language)

Once you've installed the file(s) you need to restart Notepad++ for it to take effect, if you rename either the AutoComplete file ("CronusMAX Plus GPC.xml") or the definition you need to change the other to match or it won't recognize that they belong together, when you load a ".gpc" file in Notepad++ it should automatically select the user language for you and you should thus have syntax highlighting AND autocompletion

Hopefully i can persuade [MENTION=281921]GL0ZZ3N[/MENTION] to make us a video of how to install/use these, it's really nice

These support everything we have up until 1.21 Beta 1, if we release updates with additional keywords etc. i will make updated files for that (i wrote a tool to generate these files from our compiler configurations)

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Swizzy For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Great stuff!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

thank you
    one thing i missed when using the cronus pro editor is the code folding. Now reading or coding long scripts will be easier

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I must say a huge Thank you do Swizzy! I had the idea, but he immediately developed a tool to make possible to keep updated the language definitions also in the future!
    in the .rar file now you can find the three options, GPC only, X-Aim only and both together. just chose and install.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simone71 For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Lightbulb Re: GPC Language Definition for Notepad++

Thank You ~
    Attachment 4604

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: GPC Language Definition for Notepad++

Thanks simone71! Happy to be doing some coding in npp.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

This is great. Thank you