Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Combos Thread

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Combos Thread

After some thought I decided to pick up MVC:I and script for it instead of Injustice since no one has done anything for the game yet. So far I have 4 characters to share with you all, Dante, Ultron, Dormammu, and Gamora. I don't know if I'll do every character for this game, but I'll at least do a few more. Let me know who you want next.

Here's how these scripts work:
    -switching which side the combos will work on is done with left and right d-pad. Alternatively, you can hold back and press L2 to make scripts work in the opposite direction, as if you'd pressed forward. So you can block, tap L2 while blocking, and not have to press forward or release back to make the combos work on your side again. If you have the default controls setup L2 still does light punch + heavy punch, so you can still dash and advance guard with it.

- To make it possible to use two scripts at once (since you get two character to play with), pressing R1 will load another memory slot in your Cronusmax. By default all the scripts will load your second memory slot.

- To get two scripts working at once, first copy/paste the script for the first character you'll pick and load it into your first memory slot. Then do the same for your second pick, but then go into the main section of the script, look for the line of code labeled "Determine Active Character"(or press ctrl+f and search for it), and change this line of code:
    // Determine Active Character
    if(event_press(PS4_R1)){
    load_slot(2);
    }
    to this:
    // Determine Active Character
    if(event_press(PS4_R1)){
    load_slot(1);
    }
    And load the script for your second pick into the second memory slot of your CronusMax. Now any time you press R1, it will switch to the other character's script as you tag them in. You'll also need to delete this line of code if you only want to use one script.

-All the combos I've made so far are meterless, and it will probably stay that way since cancelling a combo into a super is so easy in this game.

Here's Dante:

Right stick is all meterless combos, one overhead and one low on RS up and down.
    Left stick right and left are a wavedash/backdash
    Left stick up and down are projectile spam
    Hold L3 for a combo that works on already airborne opponents

Ultron:

Right stick is all meterless combos, one overhead and one low on RS up and down.

Dormammu:

Right stick is all meterless combos, RS right teleports in front of the opponent and does an overhead, RS left teleports behind opponent and does overhead. RS up is a standing combo out of LP and RS down is a low starter.
    All the combos end in Dormammu's fire thorns spell, which is not guaranteed, but gives you an opportunity for a reset if they don't block it or a mixup if they do. If you have any active creation/destruction stacks when you start the combo it will change the spell cast at the end, but most spells will still combo.

Gamora:

Hold L3 for a combo that works on already airborne opponents.

Enjoy!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Combos Thread

I should also mention these were all made on the PS4 version of the game. Since the PS4 has the highest amount of input lag out of any platform, any combo made on it should work on XB1/PC etc. but if it doesn't and someone wants to edit my scripts to work on those platforms I don't mind.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Thanks, really interesting to see how tag fighting game scripts work! It's a shame MVCI turned out to be so lackluster, hopefully people will be more active with DBFZ scripts.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Awesome work man!
    I hope you continue this, and release other chars for this game.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

can you make a morgan and captian marvel mission mode script?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    Thanks, really interesting to see how tag fighting game scripts work! It's a shame MVCI turned out to be so lackluster, hopefully people will be more active with DBFZ scripts.
    Yeah, I'm a little shocked at how unpopular the game is. I plan to make stuff for DBFZ when it comes out, and hopefully I won't be the only one.

can you make a morgan and captian marvel mission mode script?
    I will probably start making mission mode scripts too, sometime soon.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Here's a Jedah script:

RS left and right are overhead and low combos that work midscreen
    RS up and down are overhead/low combos that work in the corner

Jedah can't wavedash so LS is all projectile spam
    I'm not a MVCI or Jedah expert but as far as I can tell his air-to-air is light kick or hard punch into super, which is really easy so I didn't make a combo for it.

Enjoy!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Say good job on these scripts man
    How about one good one for ghost rider?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

As requested, here's a Ghost Rider script:

Right stick directions are all meterless combos, with one low and one overhead on RS up and down. Note that Ghost Rider's best BnB combo does not work on rocket racoon- the only combo that will work on him is RS down.
    RS down is his long range low, for a faster, short-range low you can do a manual crouching light kick into RS left.

LS left and right are a wavedash/backdash
    LS up and down are projectile spam

Ghost Rider's best anti-air is already LS up so I didn't make a special combo for airborne opponents. It groundbounces so you can get a mini combo off it by dashing and then doing RS left (the combo will end early for around 3800 damage).

Enjoy!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Thanks man

SILVER II

User Info Menu

nice work bro

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Say how about a script for spiderman,venom,captain america
    Thanks in advance JustFrame

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Thank you!!! just got the game and cant wait to use these!!!

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Hi man. Need your help. Can not running my script when i convert it to data. Please help with that. Maybe i make some mistakes(
    Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    I should also mention these were all made on the PS4 version of the game. Since the PS4 has the highest amount of input lag out of any platform, any combo made on it should work on XB1/PC etc. but if it doesn't and someone wants to edit my scripts to work on those platforms I don't mind.

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Thanos /Monster Hunter?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I can not make it work
    I can not make it work

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I took a break for a bit but I'm back to working on scripts, Spiderman will be done sometime tomorrow or the day after and then I'll do Thanos.

Lorinter123, I'm not at my computer to check your script right now but the first thing I noticed is that you have a lot of big numbers like 400 in the data section. You want to avoid using numbers bigger than 200 because it will cause errors, you can do the same thing by typing 0,100, four times and it should work the same. Also if the combo is fully functional in regular format, do you really need it to be converted to data?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Need help with altering your script to add hyper special in the end of combo no matter what I put it doesn't input l.p. and hp at the same time

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Hi guys I'm new here. How do you use these for the XBOX One?

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by idsym View Post
    Hi guys I'm new here. How do you use these for the XBOX One?
    How to program scripts from the forums to your CronusMAX PLUS

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Sorry I think I meant to say was is this a direct copy paste job? The reason why I am asking is because on the UVMC thread people were saying the timing for the XBOX One might be different so delays etc have to be edited. Also, are these combos for the all the trials in mission mode per character or just the latter missions like the other thread?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

thank you for the post man are very useful

SILVER II

User Info Menu

any chance to get scripts for missions mode?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Shouted you out in the DBFZ thread justframes. Same goes for here. Thank you!

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for this. Would be great to have the missions for 5 characters on PS4

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting these... Would it be possible to get missions for characters?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

No one made scripts for the missions
    Characters?