Topic: Fanatec handbrake 1.5

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Fanatec handbrake 1.5

Hi, with new firmware for dh can i use my handbrake as a button for working in assetto corsa and dirt rally? Where i have to connect the handbrake on the base or on the pedals? Thanks

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec handbrake 1.5

this feature is useful on PS4 if your'e wheel isn't Fanatec or isn't in fanatec mode... it maps about 5% pull on analog handbrake to cross... so you need to make sure cross is mapped to handbrake.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    this feature is useful on PS4 if your'e wheel isn't Fanatec or isn't in fanatec mode... it maps about 5% pull on analog handbrake to cross... so you need to make sure cross is mapped to handbrake.
    Thanks for fast reply but in every game i've played the handbrake is mapped on O (circle) how o can switch the mapping in the drive hub? There is a possibility like the cronusmax to mapping the buttons from pc and load on dh?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

Podger , I just updated 2.0.1 , and try my handbrake at GTS , I am using Fanalogic mode , and I mapped X as handbrake , it seem nothing happen ,

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pennzoil View Post
    Podger , I just updated 2.0.1 , and try my handbrake at GTS , I am using Fanalogic mode , and I mapped X as handbrake , it seem nothing happen ,
    I don't know where i have to connect the handbrake on the pedals or in the base

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I connected to pedals

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

I connected to pedals
    Me too, waiting for @Podger reply

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I made it work , your pedals can’t connect to your wheel base , you should use USB cable connect to DH accessory port

Do a Barrel Roll!

User Info Menu

I made it work , your pedals can’t connect to your wheel base , you should use USB cable connect to DH accessory port
    Perfect!!! It works only in fanalogic mode?

Fastest Thing Alive

User Info Menu

I guess PS3 mode also work , coz it also support other wheel base

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

you guys have kinda lost me here... On Fanatec Clubsport bases they are all a little different.

CSW 2.0 has no Handbrake port and so you need to connect the Handbrake to pedals (I think 2.5 is the same)
    CSL has port on base, this works, it also has port on pedal if they are elite with load-cell upgrade..

older bases like Porsche or CSR have no handbrake input, use CUSB and connect to DriveHub accessory port.
    you can also use the CUSB for the clubsport bases if you wish.

I mapped the hand brake to cross as is suits Pcars 2 which uses Cross for handbrake... I later noticed that GTS uses Circle... I asked a few experts on GTPlanet for input but no-one answered...

if for some reason your base in in PS3 mode, it will show as a G25/G27 which have no handbrake imput, so if handbrake is on pedals or base you will get nothing... if it is on CUSB on DriveHub Accessory port it will work.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Has anyone here tried using the Fanatec handbrake plugged to the accessory port on DH whilst using a Logitech wheel? Interested to know if it would work.

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

it will work on xb1 in the games that support it..

on ps4 it wont work as an analog handbrake... we do map it to cross as a digital input

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

it will work on xb1 in the games that support it..

on ps4 it wont work as an analog handbrake... we do map it to cross as a digital input
    It would be great if you could map this on xbox as well so we can use the handbrake with Forza

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Forza supports an analog handbrake

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Any tips on how to get this to work? My analog handbrake works with other games like Asseto Corsa on Xbox One, but is not working with Forza Motorsport. Is there some special configuration I need to do?

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

i'll need to try it myself

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

i'll need to try it myself
    I can tell you for sure that it does not work. Other posts on this forum (including yours) also seem to indicate this. I've tried every configuration possible and have not been able to get it to work . I know the game does support analog handbrakes as evident by the support on PC, but on Xbox One it doesn't work properly.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Will this also work for the Handbrake Club sport (not the 1.5 version)?

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I need your expertise.

My current set up is:

PS4 Pro running Dirt Rally
    Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v1
    Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter
    Fanatec Handbrake v1.5
    Drivehub

I plugged my wheel and shifter to the drivehub ports while the other one to the PS4 controller and the remaining to the PS4.

I also plugged my handbrake to the handbrake port on the CSP v1 circuit board. When I plugged my pedals with the handbrake attached to the PC, the software does detect the present of the handbrake but when I plugged it to the Drivehub, I cannot get it recognized in Dirt Rally or any other racing game.

What is the proper way to get the various PS4 racing games to recognize the handbrake?

Thanks.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hey guys hows it going, I own a thrust master t500rs with TH8A shifter, I am running it on xbox 1, everything works great but I am itching to add a hand brake to the set up. If I purchase the USB 2.0 HUB will I be able to connect a fanatec v1.5 hand brake and be good or not quite?? Thank you.

Altar Desecrater

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danthaman01 View Post
    Hey guys hows it going, I own a thrust master t500rs with TH8A shifter, I am running it on xbox 1, everything works great but I am itching to add a hand brake to the set up. If I purchase the USB 2.0 HUB will I be able to connect a fanatec v1.5 hand brake and be good or not quite?? Thank you.
    I would also like to know this, specifically in relation to Forza 7.

I primarily drift on that game, and want to use a proper handbrake.

Running a T300, TH8A, Fanatec Clubsport 2 pedals......

I really want a handbrake!

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

PS4:
    I have TGT wheel + Shifter in Controller and Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals in Controller/Wheel: OK
    I tried to connect Fanatec Handbrake v1.5 with no success (Updated all Firmware then Connect it into the Pedals Port...nothing; into accessory Port (With the special USB connecter from Fanatec)...nothing)
    Does someone know how to connect HB V1.5 to a PS4 (via DriveHub of course)???

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bb_00 View Post
    I need your expertise.

My current set up is:

PS4 Pro running Dirt Rally
    Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel
    Fanatec Clubsport Pedals v1
    Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter
    Fanatec Handbrake v1.5
    Drivehub

I plugged my wheel and shifter to the drivehub ports while the other one to the PS4 controller and the remaining to the PS4.

I also plugged my handbrake to the handbrake port on the CSP v1 circuit board. When I plugged my pedals with the handbrake attached to the PC, the software does detect the present of the handbrake but when I plugged it to the Drivehub, I cannot get it recognized in Dirt Rally or any other racing game.

What is the proper way to get the various PS4 racing games to recognize the handbrake?

Thanks.

Does anyone have any insights into this? Much appreciated.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bb_00 View Post
    Does anyone have any insights into this? Much appreciated.
    Yes it seems to be exactly the same problem with me (with a slightly different setting)
    ==> Does anyone know how to connect a Handbrake v1.5 to a PS4 ?

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Thrustmaster Tx
    TH8A Shifter
    Thrustmaster T3PA pedals
    Fanatec Handbrake
    I have everything up to date with BETA firmware on Drive Hub and Fanatec handbrake updated set to "handbrake" and it is not working on Xbox one Forza Horizon 4. Please help to guide ne in the right direction, thanks.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

I guess no one had an answer to everyone's question about a handbrake. What kind of forum support is this? Funny thing is I asked questions about fanatec handbrake support and c they said, "sure it will work," and I explained my set up before I purchased the DH and now I'm stuck with a paper weight.