Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GEESE HOWARD! 5 combos and easy movement, more to come!

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

GEESE HOWARD! 5 combos and easy movement, more to come!

Back to making Tekken scripts once again, this time with the newest DLC character Geese. This is a day 1 script that I plan to improve on soon- I just wanted to get something out quickly so you guys have something to play with on release day. right now all the combos are meterless, but i plan to update it soon with extra max mode combos and maybe a universal once I understand more about Geese's combos.

Right stick right: standing 2 Fuwa starter. Hits special mid and does 67 damage.
    Right stick left: jumping 4 Tobikomi starter. hits mid and does 76 damage.
    Right stick up: F+1+2 Hien Shikkayku starter. hits mid, crushes lows, 54 damage.
    Right stick down: FC d/f+1Shoten Myojo Uchi starter. hits mid, crushes highs, 59 damage.

Press R2: Deadly Rave rage drive

Left stick forward: iWR
    Left stick back: Korean Backdash
    Left stick up: rapid sidestep to foreground
    Left stick down: rapid sidestep to background

Enjoy!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: GEESE HOWARD! 5 combos and easy movement, more to come!

At some point you're going to run into the same 'wall' I did when you realize that a lot of what rightfully should work are not true combos. I am SERIOUSLY questioning whether or not there needs to be a balance hotfix for some of the EX moves...

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Thanks a lot justframe you’re a legend will try this script tomorrow and when u update geese if you can do a wall combo with 1 button as well that be even great

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Thank you, here's something I found that are supposedly some of geese's combos, this is pretty early so I don't know how many of these work.

https://pastebin.com/c71rQQ80

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Ok love the combos I have made some adjustments that fit my play style and added 2 meter combos and a counter hit combo.. I moved up and down dash to r2 l2 and rave drive to r1 that will cancel if you let it go like a combo on the sticks in case for some off chance you mess it up or something i kept kbd on the ls left because i have not had the time to make it auto change directions on the l1 stick I don use the forward dash so I took it out ( my playstyle and I can never combo right after it with the sticks) I added low and high parry to l3 r3 and made direction chance touch pad left and right (touch not press) have a counter hit low on left stick down that is meterless( im not going to add a bunch of meter stuff because I am waiting on you to do it and its your script lol) and i think im goin g to make l1 easy max activation because I tend to mess up the taunt buttons smh.. but all around great work on the GOOSE cant wait to take it in a match against friends I will share as soon as it is done and you can obviously edit it however you want I know he has some crazy wall combos also I will look into it he has a triple wall break combo that looks awesome but it only works on his stage so im still thinking about that one. cant wait to see what else you do with it man great job...CORRECTION...1 meter and a wall combo on ls up.. i have been at work all night and im going to sleep lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falconpunch323 For This Useful Post:

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Just my setup of this great script with some simple extra goodies..All creds go to Justframe for the the original script and the bulk of this.. It is just a rework to my preference and if anyone else enjoys this set up feel free to use until he puts the Extra fancy mustard on..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falconpunch323 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Oh, my days - thanks so much

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Just figured out the counter hit down 4 combo i put in combos into deadly rave perfectly at the wall soooo gonna add that bad boy to it and update it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to falconpunch323 For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Check this mix up out, would be really cool in a script. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACSyfiy7ZXg

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Yeah that mixup above is largely what I'm pissed about... If you turn on All Guard, the followups from qcb+12 will be blocked. Stuff like that will only work on a counter hit or if the other guy has poor defense. Annoying coz using qcb+12 (ex).. 3 gives an actual LAUNCH which allows combos to exceed 100 damage. Only problem is they're not true combos...

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

This script with Falcons counterhit is the boll*cks!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Yeah its kind of annoying that its not a true combo, but i have been watching skilled players struggle defending against it. maybe cos he's a new character?

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Will try this tomorrow as well thanks again for sharing

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pimpologist View Post
    This script with Falcons counterhit is the boll*cks!
    Works well for me... Might need to try harder idk

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by falconpunch323 View Post
    Unless i misread

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Heres where i've put your elements along with justframes + another counter hit combo on R1. All Shoulder buttons are being utilised. I'd like to try and use the touchpad right for an instant running 1, but I think this character may actually need 2 scripts unless I get rid of the movement.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pimpologist For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Heres where i've put your elements along with justframes + another counter hit combo on R1. All Shoulder buttons are being utilised. I'd like to try and use the touchpad right for an instant running 1, but I think this character may actually need 2 scripts unless I get rid of the movement.
    I know what you mean, he has so many cool things that you would want to put in a script lol... I think I can fit most of it into the regular format but I might make a couple of different versions with different things in them. It should all be ready sometime tomorrow.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Haaaaaaaahahahahahahah! Mate that wasn't a bad thing, its a compliment! Its like saying man this is TEH SHIT! (in a good way) :P

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

hell yeah! its a good thing / possibly the best compliment an Englishman could give, something the queen ought to say when she's knighting someone, aka "the dogs Boll*cks," or the "Crem-de-La boll*cks" (London Slang)

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post
    Haaaaaaaahahahahahahah! Mate that wasn't a bad thing, its a compliment! Its like saying man this is TEH SHIT! (in a good way) :P
    LMAOOO OMG sorry I was being very sensitive at the moment hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

hell yeah! its a good thing / possibly the best compliment an Englishman could give, something the queen ought to say when she's knighting someone, aka "the dogs Boll*cks," or the "Crem-de-La boll*cks" (London Slang)
    LOLZ now i feel soo bad lol do you guys find the 1 bar good also lol you know what ok for that I will upload the one i am currently using also haha

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Here is an updated one also lolz added goodie... get 3 bars and do a combo.... or just use in practice mode and see what happens also took out easy max and put in mid parry on ls because F EDDY.... deadly rave is now on r3 and high parry is r1 and low parry is r1 I dont have ant kbd or wd now because combos and i pretty much just use up and down step with geese so chea

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an updated one also lolz added goodie... get 3 bars and do a combo.... or just use in practice mode and see what happens also took out easy max and put in mid parry on ls because F EDDY.... deadly rave is now on r3 and high parry is r1 and low parry is r1 I dont have ant kbd or wd now because combos and i pretty much just use up and down step with geese so chea
    might even work with 2 max bars I cant remember but whatever its alllllll gooodddddd

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

CHeeers! looking forward to this!

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

(KS212) LOLZ now i feel soo bad lol do you guys find the 1 bar good also lol you know what ok for that I will upload the one i am currently using also haha
    the 1 bar works solid man!

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Its later than I wanted, but I'm finally done with the full geese script. I couldn't decide which format I liked better so I'll post both.

This version switches sides with just L3. The combos start off working on the right side first, then switch sides every time you press L3. Max mode combos are done by pressing R3 + a RS direction.

This version does the regular L3/R3 side switch. Ready the max combos by pressing L1, then all RS directions become max mode combos. When you want to go back to meterless combos just press L1 again.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Here's a summary of all the changes:

RS right max: ~50 damage combo out of standing 2. The final hit is a blockable mid launcher that leads to a reset if it doesn't get blocked. Forms a 50/50 with RS left, which is the same combo with a low launcher at the end. Costs 1 bar. You can use the universal after and get ~90 damage, or buffer the RS up Max combo into it (so that the f+1+2 doesn't come out) to get around 120 damage for 2 bars.

RS left max: ~50 damage combo out of standing 2. The final hit is a blockable low launcher that leads to a reset if it doesn't get blocked. Forms a 50/50 with RS right, which is the same combo with a mid launcher at the end. Costs 1 bar. You can use the universal after and get ~90 damage, or buffer the RS up Max combo into it (so that the f+1+2 doesn't come out) to get around 120 damage for 2 bars.

RS up max: still a f+1+2 starter, it now does 69 damage for 1 bar.

RS down max: b+3,2 starter. hits mid and does 80 damage for 1 bar.

Hold R1: A Universal combo for Geese. Works after:
    f+1+2
    FC d/f+1
    WS 2~f2
    b+3,2 (after max mode)
    EX qcb+2,3
    EX qcb+2,4
    CH d4
    CH 3,3
    CH f4
    CH 4*
    CH d/f+2*
    CH WS3 *

* These moves screw so you'll have to end the combo early and won't get as much damage as you could. I wanted to make another universal for these since he has so many of them, but I ran out of space.
    Hold L1 (R3 switch only): easy raging storm. Any time you would get a guaranteed ground throw you can use this and get extra damage, wallsplats, etc.

Hold L2 + triangle: Geese's high parry
    Hold L2+ square: Geese's mid parry
    Hold L2 + cross: Geese's low parry
    Hold L2 + circle (L3/R3 side switch only): Raging storm

anything else is still the same.

about wall combos: I didn't make a specific one because the beginning of non-max RS right (2, f1, HCB4) is, I think, his best wall combo(without meter at least). It also works well as an ender if you screw them too close to a wall to finish the rest of the combo.

Enjoy!

Edit: I don't know why it didn't occur to me to test this, but the RS up and down combos are not true combos because the knockdown at the end that sets up the ground throw can be teched, same with the non-max RS left and right combos. I guess now I know why I haven't seen those in combo videos lol, this is what I get for just trusting the recovery display. Oh well, these are still crazy good if the opponent doesn't know how to tech them, I might post something else soon.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post

RS right max: ~50 damage combo out of standing 2. The final hit is a blockable mid launcher that leads to a reset if it doesn't get blocked. Forms a 50/50 with RS left, which is the same combo with a low launcher at the end. Costs 1 bar. You can use the universal after and get ~90 damage, or buffer the RS up Max combo into it (so that the f+1+2 doesn't come out) to get around 120 damage for 2 bars.

RS left max: ~50 damage combo out of standing 2. The final hit is a blockable low launcher that leads to a reset if it doesn't get blocked. Forms a 50/50 with RS right, which is the same combo with a mid launcher at the end. Costs 1 bar. You can use the universal after and get ~90 damage, or buffer the RS up Max combo into it (so that the f+1+2 doesn't come out) to get around 120 damage for 2 bars.

RS up max: still a f+1+2 starter, it now does 69 damage for 1 bar.

RS down max: b+3,2 starter. hits mid and does 80 damage for 1 bar.

Hold R1: A Universal combo for Geese. Works after:

Hold L1 (R3 switch only): easy raging storm. Any time you would get a guaranteed ground throw you can use this and get extra damage, wallsplats, etc.

Hold L2 + triangle: Geese's high parry
    Hold L2+ square: Geese's mid parry
    Hold L2 + cross: Geese's low parry
    Hold L2 + circle (L3/R3 side switch only): Raging storm

anything else is still the same.

about wall combos: I didn't make a specific one because the beginning of non-max RS right (2, f1, HCB4) is, I think, his best wall combo(without meter at least). It also works well as an ender if you screw them too close to a wall to finish the rest of the combo.

Enjoy!
    Godlike. Utterly godlike. **Update - Works fantastic - prefer the L1 max version. honestly you've outdone yourself here!

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Hey falcon is there a reason why you define buttons like that? Cause when I try to incorporate stuff I like about your scripts in, say, justframe or K12 scripts, it's really bothersome, since all the buttons have different names so I have to change them all, sometimes to weird results. I'm not telling you to change the way you script, I'm just curious why you decide to do it differently.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Heh, I have a guess as to why he does it his way... His script is not immediately decompilable by Script Manipulator, makes it harder for noobs to just rip it off. Additionally it probably doesn't work out of the box with a certain competing product either.

That's just my guess tho.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post

Ah so THIS is what you meant when you asked me if it was worthless or not. Its not worthless but at the same time I don't think its worth actually scripting either. The execution level for these is, if I were to say out of 10 for difficulty, is 1/10 from my perspective.

IMO, the way to play Geese is 'one step range'. Keep them within your d4 distance at all times and constantly fish for a d4 into f+1 into the qcb+P mixup is how you should normally play when you have no meter. If the d4 Counter Hits, then go for a full CH juggle (this is worth scripting). If your opponent starts reading your d4's, that's when you immediately switch to f+12 and go for overhead -> Shippuken pressure if blocked, or full combo if not. These two basics + the Raimei Gouha Nage OTG will basically kill anyone before you even get 3 stocks half the time.

What SERIOUSLY, and I mean seriously screws over TEKKEN players is the fact Geese will switch sides with you more often in one match than any other character in the game. For players of any other fighting game this is normal (the side switching) hence why for scripts we almost always have to have side switch on Dpad Left or Right. ONLY in Tekken can we get away with moving the sideswitch elsewhere. If you want to mess up the game of someone using a script, just keep going for the OTG and keep switching sides. Their shit is bound to get messed up at some point.

Bamco did one thing right with his moveset: The Shinkuu Nage is not a 360 command throw or a hcb,f motion. Just having it on b+12 is, in a word, OP. Now when you're wall pushing, you can deliberately put yourself in the corner with the OTG, but as they get up, go for the Shinkuu Nage, which causes W!, then wall combo and finish with the OTG again. If you Shinkuu Nage into a W! when you have 3 stock... Raging Storm :P

Anyway this is my 2c, and to answer your previous question from the perspective of an oldskool KOF player.

MASTER GUARDIAN II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post
    Heh, I have a guess as to why he does it his way... His script is not immediately decompilable by Script Manipulator, makes it harder for noobs to just rip it off. Additionally it probably doesn't work out of the box with a certain competing product either.

That's just my guess tho.
    Fastest way for me to make them just what i am used to.. Among other reasons.. also if i make something I know that this is just my baseline model of scripting and not the personal ones i make to use... those have way more time and love in them...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to falconpunch323 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast