Results 1 to 19 of 19

Topic: Geese Howard (PC)

  1. #1
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Cool Geese Howard (PC)

    Ok, here's my attempt at a script for the King of Southtown. I must say I am EXTREMELY disappointed at some of Bamco's balancing decisions with Geese and how they handled the properties on some of his EX moves. Also... Double Reppuken does 8 damage vs 14 damage on the normal Reppuken if the Double hits at range?? SERIOUSLY Bamco?? Do you not even into understanding the POINT of the Double?! It should be 8 on the single and 14 on the double at range, and probably 16 if both hits of the double land before it stacks into a projectile FFS!

    Also... EX moves... Don't get me started... Bamco, as usual... goes and takes a completely awesome character and makes use of only a few of their moves viable while totally making others completely useless or at best, only situationally used. What should have allowed some awesomely spectacular combos will now only work if the other guy doesn't know how to block. Why Bamco why do you insist on using this bullshit system in saying a move will combo when it can be blocked?! NO OTHER FIGHTING GAME DOES THIS!! If its blockable, it should not even register as a combo, period!

    Anyway! Rather than go on about Bamcofails(tm)... Here's the script. I've deliberately avoided scripting KOF Style combos as they are really simple to do. The script focuses on Tekken styled juggles instead which sadly isn't as good as say, Akuma or Eliza's options as Geese only has TWO meterless launch options from a neutral stance, his FC df1 and f+12. b3~2 is a launch but requires meter so that doesn't count. As expected, most of Geese's big damage can be done by doing KOF Style combos, which means EASY combos such as:

    2, f+1, qcf+1 or 2
    2, f+1, hcb+3 or 4
    d3, f+1, qcf+1 or 2
    d3, f+1, hcb+3 or 4
    etc...

    Both the Reppukens and the Ja'ei-ken are SUPERCANCELLABLE at the end for free, so if you want to tack on damage when you have 3 stocks, just do the super move. Geese requires THREE STOCKS to do any super move, which is honestly bullshit IMO but at the same time, his supers are not heavily affected by damage scaling so I guess there is that tradeoff. Still bullshit though. Max Mode activated+2 stocks COUNTS AS 3 STOCKS in case you don't know how KOF XIV works, it has not changed here. A stock spent to activate Max Mode can still be 'spent' as a super move so long as the gauge is active.

    One last thing to mention is Geese's OTG command grab (d+13 or d+24), the Raimei Gouha Nage is fully unscaled when used as a followup and it is MUCH easier to land in this game than it EVER was in KOF. After a full knockdown ALWAYS, ALWAYS run up and do this move as the damage it does compared to KOF is actually HUGE. If you want to git gud at Geese, learn to ALWAYS followup with this move wherever possible.





    RS Up = f+12.. d4~f+3.. b4,4 (S!)... 2,f+1,hcb+3 (9hit, 57 damage) Meterless, Hien Shikkyaku (overhead) starter into his highest possible damaging meterless combo. Note that if the first hit is blocked you can immediately stop the combo and recover by doing a Shippuken (qcb+P) in the air.

    RS Right = FC1.. 2,f+3.. d3,f+3 MAX b4,4 (S!)... 2,hcb+3 (10hit, 65 damage, 1 stock needed). Full crouch launching palm upper start. Use this when you have approximately 1 character space of movement, never at point blank as the full crouch has a 180 frame startup. Additionally if you have 3 stocks, at the end of the combo continue to hold Right to supercancel into the Raigou Reppuken. This is escapable but there is only literally a hair of decision time for the opponent (if human player) to escape RIGHT as they hit the ground. 9/10 most ppl will NOT escape this and the super will hit for UNSCALED damage. Use if you think it will hit, but otherwise let go after the last hit of the Ja'ei-ken.

    RS Down = CH d4.. ws4.. d4,f+3.. b4,4 (S!)... d4,hcb+3 (9hit, 62 damage). Counter low hit meterless combo. The inital d4 kick __MUST__ land as a COUNTER HIT for the rest of the combo to work. If the kick hits normally, let go of the stick and manually do a Reppuken to give yourself space. You will find that Geese will counterhit with his kick a LOT, so don't worry about it not landing. Use this combo in conjunction with the RS Up one to play a high/low mix up game. After you 'fish' for a low counterhit often enough your opponent will start blocking low, at that point use RS Up to hit them with the overhead combo instead.

    RS Left = b3,2 MAX 2,f+3.. b4,4 (S!)... 2,f+1,hcb+3 SC RRK (15hit, 88 damage, 3 stock needed). b3~2 start, arguably his fastest launch. If you play Geese correctly with the right spacing, this launch will pretty much always hit when you need it to. You can use the combo even if you don't have 3 stock, you need just 1 stock for the Max Mode and the combo will end without the supercancel.

    LS Press = FC1, jump 2, d4,f3 MAX 4 (S!)... Deadly Rave! (16hit, 75 damage, 1 stock needed). Due to Bamco's fails @ balancing this is as 'cool' as I could make a Deadly Rave combo There is an unused commented out combo in the script which does not land as a true combo, but when used as a counter hit will give you a 105 damage Deadly Rave combo (1 stock needed). If you want this version simply uncomment it out and move it to a slot.

    RS Press = 1 button Raging Storm. Anyone who knows Geese in his classic games will know to fear this move as the ultimate defensive trap. Anyone who comes in too carelessly on Geese will eat this square in the face. It has practically NO STARTUP in this game and can be used to punish overzealous ppl who continually charge at you without thinking. Additionally it covers a HUGE arc around Geese and CANNOT BE SIDESTEPPED. In classic games this move covers a 360 area here its just the entire front and sides as its the RBFF2 version.

    NOTE: The move may occasionally not launch due to the Cronusmax device not being able to enter all the inputs correctly. I've made it as fast as humanly possible with script editing but we are seeing hardware limitations here in playback. If you look at the input playback in the game you will see it is NOT the same each time. Cronus devs, is this a hardware/firmware bug? I had a combo into the Raging Storm, but due to the instability of the inputs I opted not to use it. The combo is still in the script and is commented out. If you want to try it go ahead and uncomment it, but be warned the input is unstable due to the cronusmax device simply not being able to replay all the inputs at the end correctly for some reason.

    LS Up = High Counter
    LS Right = Middle Counter
    LS Down = Low Counter
    LS Left = Korean Backdash

    This so far is the only character that I've removed justframe's movement options for as Geese does not really need the movement compared to other Tekken characters. If you are being pressured, use his counters rather than try to backdash out of the way. Geese is intended to be played as someone who does not really need to move, but makes others move instead. If you really can't seem to counter a rush, there's always the option to Raging Storm the hell out of them :P

    Before anyone asks 'why no Rashoumon combo?' Because Rashoumon sucks in this game, plain and simple. In classic games it is a command throw. If they'd made it a command throw super or special like one of King's throws I'd have no problem with it. If you really want to land it in a combo, the easiest way is to do f+12, 1, then do Rashoumon. If you have Rage, go for the Deadly Rave unless you really really want to use Rashoumon as a punish counter which is arguably the only viable use for it. It is simply not worth comboing into as its damage is already weak as hell.

    This script has a new swap sides method as I've switched to using a Dualshock 4... Touch either the left or right side of the Touch Pad to swap sides. If you don't like this, feel free to edit it to anything you like.

    This is my first release, hopefully if Bamco rebalances the character I'll be able to make cooler stuff.

    EDIT: SCRIPT FIXED! Everything should now work 99.9999999% :P

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Thank you for trying as much as you could in your knowledge appriciate the time and effort will try this tomorrow

  4. #3
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    So from testing I found the following things:

    There's something wrong with RS UP, geese just stands there it looks like he's trying to do something but doesn't do anything, then he does the d4.

    RS DOWN works on some characters, but not on others. For example on heihachi it doesn't work, even if you land a d4 with counter hit, the next hit wont connect, but with asuka it works (and a lot of other characters, I don't exactly know which characters it works against and which ones it doesn't)

    LS Press the entire combo works fine except deadly rave doesn't come out at the end


    Thanks for the script, there's some really great stuff here!

  5. #4
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    damn! nice!

  6. #5
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Is the EX qcb+1+2 mixup that useless? I have them in my script right now but might swap them out if its really possible to block both the mid and the low on reaction. But I understand why they didn't make it a true combo, I can get over 120 damage with 2 bars of meter if it isn't blocked, and thats without walls. That would be like giving geese players a free round every match if EX qcb+1+2, 3 was NC.

    About the raging storm, I'm not near my computer to be able to check but if the game is sometimes registering inputs and sometimes not thats usually because the buttons are being pressed too fast. You may want to make some or all of the wait times 40 if you haven't tried that already.

  7. #6
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    Is the EX qcb+1+2 mixup that useless? I have them in my script right now but might swap them out if its really possible to block both the mid and the low on reaction. But I understand why they didn't make it a true combo, I can get over 120 damage with 2 bars of meter if it isn't blocked, and thats without walls. That would be like giving geese players a free round every match if EX qcb+1+2, 3 was NC.

    About the raging storm, I'm not near my computer to be able to check but if the game is sometimes registering inputs and sometimes not thats usually becsuse the buttons are being pressed too fast. You may want to make some or all of the wait times 40 if you haven't tried that already.
    The mix up, if that's what you're going for... does not require meter. Just do qcb+P~4 or qcb+P~3. No need to do the EX ver of it. Just remember that Geese's moves follow KOF cancelling rules. A move that is cancellable loses its unique property when cancelled into.

    Also doing something like say, 2,f+1, qcb+P,X doesn't need a script, lets be honest... that mix up can be done as a kneejerk reaction.

    Regarding the registering inputs, remember I do all my combos BY HAND first. They were already not registering correctly when just replaying my recorded input. For the Raging Storm, I already tried making all of the inputs 20, 30, 40, 50... after 50 its too slow to be of any use. I tried with my unclean recording, then gave up trying to record and actually went and 'scripted' it, which is why the input looks so clean :P

    Either way something is causing improper playback somewhere.... It better not be my cronus unit dying, its barely a few months old FFS...

  8. #7
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    So from testing I found the following things:

    There's something wrong with RS UP, geese just stands there it looks like he's trying to do something but doesn't do anything, then he does the d4.

    RS DOWN works on some characters, but not on others. For example on heihachi it doesn't work, even if you land a d4 with counter hit, the next hit wont connect, but with asuka it works (and a lot of other characters, I don't exactly know which characters it works against and which ones it doesn't)

    LS Press the entire combo works fine except deadly rave doesn't come out at the end


    Thanks for the script, there's some really great stuff here!
    Are you testing on PS4 or PC? I really, really do not expect the script to work on PS4 this time round as something felt weird the entire time timing wise. I had to re-record all my combos multiple times and tweak a lot before it started being anywhere near constant.

    Additionally, swapping Left and Right sides is done with the touchpad this time, make sure you actually touch one side BEFORE attempting to use the combos or it just goes haywire.

    EDIT: I should also say I had the same problem with justframe's script... in his, NONE of the combos worked for me, at all.... and they were all meterless basic combos to boot! So yeah, the difference between PC and PS4 is oddly large this time.

  9. #8
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    PC. Also I think I found out why RS UP doesn't work, you are using a bind shortcut (R1 as both punches I assume, since I found it being used in the combo) instead of doing the true input, I use the shoulder buttons for other things so I have them all unbound in the control settings, I assume this is why it doesn't work, so scratch that one.

    RS down I assume it's just the way the game works, some characters have hurtboxes that make the combo work and others don't.

    As far as the deadly rave combo, I don't know why that one doesn't work, you might want to take a look at that one since I think that's the only one that actually has a programming error (it might be because of the same reason as RS UP, using shortcut buttons instead of the inputs separately). All the other combos work fine.

    Speaking off shoulder buttons, I tried adding some other combos to the shoulder buttons, but they don't work in game, it's as if the buttons were disabled. In justframe's script I can add combos to those buttons, but I can't add combos to L3+R3, while yours is the opposite (I can add combos to L3+R3 but not the shoulder buttons). Any idea why this happens? I'd rather use every button for something, I think it has something to do with the cancel combo parameters.

  10. #9
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    PC. Also I think I found out why RS UP doesn't work, you are using a bind shortcut (R1 as both punches I assume, since I found it being used in the combo) instead of doing the true input, I use the shoulder buttons for other things so I have them all unbound in the control settings, I assume this is why it doesn't work, so scratch that one.

    RS down I assume it's just the way the game works, some characters have hurtboxes that make the combo work and others don't.

    As far as the deadly rave combo, I don't know why that one doesn't work, you might want to take a look at that one since I think that's the only one that actually has a programming error (it might be because of the same reason as RS UP, using shortcut buttons instead of the inputs separately). All the other combos work fine.

    Speaking off shoulder buttons, I tried adding some other combos to the shoulder buttons, but they don't work in game, it's as if the buttons were disabled. In justframe's script I can add combos to those buttons, but I can't add combos to L3+R3, while yours is the opposite (I can add combos to L3+R3 but not the shoulder buttons). Any idea why this happens? I'd rather use every button for something, I think it has something to do with the cancel combo parameters.
    Oh shit, I didn't take out the binds? Damnit, I'll look at that again, nice catch. Yeah I use R1 for both punches and R2 for both kicks.

    Geese's d4 as a CH really should work on everyone, its weird you say it doesn't. Maybe its just the while standing 1 that doesn't work on Heihachi? I'll have to test this. My test dummy is always Xiaoyu (smallest in game). The Deadly Rave MAY be coded to use R2 as the initial executor.

    I have no idea why you can't add... My 'template' is justframes template basically. I took his and modified the side switch, and cleaned up the layout to make it easier for a non-coding monkey like me to read, that's all I did.

  11. #10
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    I know it's not just heihachi (dragunov is another example) because I was going through treasure battle to practice the combos in a semi real battle setting and I noticed that sometimes the combo worked and sometimes it didn't, and then I went into training and realized it's because it works on some characters. I did some more testing and it does work on heihachi (and I assume the others), just very inconsistently, while on asuka it works all the time. I guess it's just a hurtbox thing.

    As far as deadly rave, I noticed that the combo ends in a jaei ken, which is kind of a similar input to deadly rave, so I assume the error is somewhere there (I went through the combo and only BTN1-4 are used, as it should be, so I think it's just an input error and not a shortcut being used).

    As for using all the buttons, I found out the problem, I just had to add to the cancel conditions and it works

    So yeah if you could just look into the deadly rave combo, this script would be amazing, it's the only thing I'm missing. Thanks again for your hard work.

  12. #11
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Script has been fixed. Redownload from first post.

    Regarding the CH4 vs Heihachi... man, **************** Heihachi lol... I had to redo that entire combo cos of him!... But because of that the combo gained 1 damage, it now does 60 damage! :P

    I could have made it CH4~f+3 as opposed to a While Standing move, but that would not give you enough time to decide/realize if the d4 has been blocked or not which is why I insisted on using a WS move. Thankfully WS4 works.

    Regarding the Deadly Rave... I officially give up on trying to make it 100% w/o the binding. I don't know why but if i use two buttons together say X and O... the game detects it like:

    X XO O

    Whenever that happens, the Ja'ei-ken comes out first for obvious reasons. The only way I can make that stop happening is to use a binding like R2 so I'm only pressing one button, and then the game will always detect it cleanly as XO.

    Whether this is a cronusmax fault (doubt it, coz even doing it with an arcade stick and pressing two buttons perfectly I get the X XO O effect at times too) or a fault of the Tekken engine (I blame this) I dunno, but there is some engine detection issue here that cannot be fixed by scripting. Blame Bamco for this.

  13. #12
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu


  14. #13
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    The updated script in the first post doesn't require bindings either. I fixed that part, that bit wasn't the problem. Its just not 100% due to what I said above.

  15. #14
    SILVER ELITE

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post
    Also doing something like say, 2,f+1, qcb+P,X doesn't need a script, lets be honest... that mix up can be done as a kneejerk reaction.
    For me, the mix up is harder to do on pad than most of his combos tbh i'd love them on a script.
    great work on the script mate.

  16. #15
    SILVER ELITE

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    Is the EX qcb+1+2 mixup that useless? I have them in my script right now but might swap them out.
    Keep them in please, would be much appreciated.

  17. #16
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Do you still have the original RS down? I changed it for the new one but that one uses bar, i'd rather save the bar, even if the meterless combo you originally had isn't perfect.

  18. #17
    GOLD NOVA II

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    YOUR SCRIPT IS A DEADLY SCRIPTS MANY MANY THANKS

  19. #18
    GOLD NOVA IV

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    Do you still have the original RS down? I changed it for the new one but that one uses bar, i'd rather save the bar, even if the meterless combo you originally had isn't perfect.
    Download it again mate, I removed the meter combo shortly after posting with an improved meterless.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:


  21. #19
    SILVER ELITE MASTER

    User Info Menu

    Re: Geese Howard (PC)

    The memories, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new topics
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •