Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: Dragonball FighterZ Combos Thread

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Dragonball FighterZ Combos Thread

Since I'm going to be making plenty of scripts for this game I decided to make a thread for all of them.

These have all been tested on PC and console, and should work on both.

I have three scripts ready right now, a new and improved Goku, Vegeta, and Teen Gohan.

Press left and right on the d-pad to change which side the combos will work from. Alternatively, you can press R3 while holding back to make the combos work from the front, without having to release back and press forward.

Pressing L3 will load up a different memory slot in your CronusMax. You can use this to run scripts for 3 characters at once, using L3 to cycle between them. By default all scripts will load the second slot of your CronusMax. To get the scripts working together, Copy the script of the character you will lead with and load it into the first memory slot in your CronusMax. Then for the other characters you will use, find this segment of code:

and change load_slot(2) to load_slot(3) for your second pick which you should load into memory slot 2, and make it load_slot(1) for your third pick which you then load into memory slot 3. If done correctly you should be able to cycle between three different scripts with the press of a button! If you are having trouble finding the segment of code you need to change, you can use ctrl+f to search for it.

Here's Goku:

Right stick right and left are combos that start with standing medium attack. RS right works midscreen and RS left works in the corner. RS right takes 2 meter for 5000 damage, RS left takes 1 for 4400.

RS up is an overhead that does 4400 damage, takes 1 meter.

RS down is a low that does 4700 damage, takes 1 meter.

LS left and right are meterless versions of RS left and right.

LS up and down are air-to-air combos for Goku. They can be used after super dashes, dragon rushes, tag dashes, anti-airs (2H , S+H), basically any scenario where both you and your opponent are airborne you can use this to get a modest amount of damage on them. One is meterless and the other uses 1 bar.

RS up and down, as well as LS left, right, and up all use Goku's Dragon Flash Fist move, which leads to a sliding knockdown. If you end the combo after this move, you get an opportunity to wake up your opponent, or go for a level 1 or 3 super.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: Dragonball FighterZ Combos Thread

Here's Vegeta:

RS Right and left are combos that start with standing medium attack. RS right uses one bar and RS left uses 3, they both work midscreen and in the corner.

RS up is an overhead for 1 meter

RS down is a low for 1 meter

LS right is a meterless version of RS right and left

LS up and down are air-to-air combos for Vegeta. They can be used after super dashes, dragon rushes, basically in any situation where both you and your opponent are airborne. One is meterless and one uses 1 bar.

There is no LS left for Vegeta.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Here's Teen Gohan:

RS up and down are an overhead and low combo that work midscreen for 2 bars

RS left and right are an overhead and low combo that work in the corner for 1 bar

LS right and left are meterless versions of the corner combos. You can pretty easily set up a super after these, level 1 or 3.

LS up and down are air-to-air combos for Teen Gohan. They can be used after super dashes, dragon rushes, anti-airs, etc. They are both meterless.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Working pretty good in training, moving on to online matches now.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

thank you so much, do you think you could make one for gotenks? he's the only one I don't have scripts for. Vegeta works really good.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Here's Frieza:

RS right and left are combos that start out of standing middle attack. RS right takes 1 bar and RS left takes 3.

RS up is an overhead that takes 1 bar, does around 4300 damage.

RS down is a low that takes 1 bar, does around 4700 damage.

LS up and down are an overhead and low combo where you transform to golden Frieza mid-combo. They take 4 bars but you can stop before the super at the end to make it just 3 bars.

LS right and left are generic combos to be used after things like super dashes, dragon rushes, tag-in dashes, anti-airs/heavy attacks, etc. they should work in any situation where you and your opponent are both airborne, basically. One is meterless and the other uses 1 bar.

Enjoy! I might be doing Gotenks next.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    Here's Frieza:

RS right and left are combos that start out of standing middle attack. RS right takes 1 bar and RS left takes 3.

RS up is an overhead that takes 1 bar, does around 4300 damage.

RS down is a low that takes 1 bar, does around 4700 damage.

LS up and down are an overhead and low combo where you transform to golden Frieza mid-combo. They take 4 bars but you can stop before the super at the end to make it just 3 bars.

LS right and left are generic combos to be used after things like super dashes, dragon rushes, tag-in dashes, anti-airs/heavy attacks, etc. they should work in any situation where you and your opponent are both airborne, basically. One is meterless and the other uses 1 bar.

Enjoy! I might be doing Gotenks next.
    Could you Do Captain Ginyu Next using setups with Guido's stun?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

first, i just want to say thanks for these awesome scripts!
    and secondly, when you have the time can you make either a goku black or adult gohan script?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Here's Goku Black:

RS right and left are combos that come out of standing medium attack. RS right uses 1 bar for about 4500 damage, rs left uses 3 for around 5400 damage.

RS up is an overhead that does 4500 damage for 1 bar.

RS down is a low that does 5000 damage for 1 bar.

LS right and left are overhead combos that come out of Goku Black's 'Instant Transmission' teleport. LS left teleports you in front of the opponent, while LS right teleports you behind them for 1 bar. The combo itself also takes 1 bar and does the same 4500 damage as the other overhead combo.
    Both can be countered by 2H so i recommend mixing these up with the QCB+medium teleport into any of the RS combos.

LS up and down are generic combos for use after super dashes, anti-airs, dragon rushes etc. LS down is meterless and LS up takes 1 meter.

Enjoy!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

About Gotenks and Ginyu, I've played around with them a bit and their combos seem very different from what most characters usually do. I've been looking around for good combos for them and can't find any, most do too little damage or take too much meter, or are too situational (like they only work in the corner or only if you have certain other character's assists). That's the reason I did Goku Black first, his combos were very standard and easy to figure out.

If anyone has video or notations of good combos for those two post them or pm them to me, I'll get to work on them next if I can find good stuff to make.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Works great. You are my Hero.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

could you make a script for android 21?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Great Work !! can you make Goku & Vegeta Blue ? Thanks

SILVER I

User Info Menu

can you do goku blue and hit

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

What about Kid Buu? I've seen some insane combo strings with him that almost seem unguardable..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=199DE62wgYQ (kid buu BNB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDMZP8QqifA (combo 1:21 in video is crazy)

Also I've seen a combo string where he turns you into candy and then shoots his "Human Extinction" Super after he spits you out..

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the hard work making these scripts. Could you look into making one for Android 16? He is a strong character with a pretty straightforward approach that doesn’t depend on a lot of meter.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

plz android 16 one

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Here's Blue Goku (SSGSS):

RS right and left are combos that come out of standing medium, RS right does 4500 damage for 1 meter and RS left does 5500 damage for 3 meters.

RS up is an overhead that does 4400 damage for 1 bar.

RS down is a low that does 4900 damage for 1 bar.

LS Left is a combo from Goku's instant transmission teleport. Goku can teleport either in front of or behind the opponent depending on whether you pressed forward or back first; the combo will work from either teleport. Note that the back teleport doesn't work in the corner due to the way wallbounces work, sadly there's no way to make it work both midscreen and in the corner. It also won't work if your opponent is too high in the air.

LS Right is a combo for Goku's 'Super God Flash' unblockable. It does 2100 damage for 1 bar.

LS up and down are generic combos for use after things like super dashes, dragon rushes, anti-airs, Goku Blue's auto combo overhead, etc. LS up takes 1 bar while LS down is meterless. Note that the metered version won't work after an empty super dash, you'll have to save it for after dragon rushes, anti-airs, the auto-combo overhead, etc.

Enjoy! Now you can play a triple Goku team lol. I'm still planning to do Gotenks, and i'll do 16, Kid Buu, Blue Vegeta, Hit and all the rest at some point soon.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

you sir, are THE MAN!!!! Thanks a ton!

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thank you so much these are all great can you do one for Cell also if you have time

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Okay so after spending some time with using all the combos released so far i'm having a real hard time keeping track of my opponents and using these combos in the appropriate directions. With all the teleports, super dashes, tagging in, etc. i am constantly finding myself finally getting a hit in but ultimately dropping the combo because my starting position was off. One idea i have for fixing this is to change the LS left and right directions to do the vanilla combo in the direction the left stick is pointed. Now i realize this will override the LS left corner combo or alt combo if you will, so why not change this to having to hold down the RB instead? You would have to manually do the dragon rush instead but its simple to do (ust press light and medium together; piece of cake). Just a thought. That being said these scripts are super helpful and i really appreciate all the hard work you put in so far. Thanks a bunch

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Agreed. This game changes sides way to often. Any combos that work from either side (like Vegeta's) are more useful.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

For playing online, I just keep the bread n butter combo on my Right Thumb X-axis, Right Thumb up = 2H launcher + BnB combo, Right Thumb Down = super dash + BnB combo.
    I don't put finishers on my macros though as I like to control when/how I do those. And I don't lockout controller input while combos are executed either, so I can easily interrupt with additional inputs.

Single player, these have been super fun.

Here's a fun combo I tabbed out this morning from a youtube video
    Use Cell, with enemy in right corner.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to acidmango For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by acidmango View Post
    For playing online, I just keep the bread n butter combo on my Right Thumb X-axis, Right Thumb up = 2H launcher + BnB combo, Right Thumb Down = super dash + BnB combo.
    I don't put finishers on my macros though as I like to control when/how I do those. And I don't lockout controller input while combos are executed either, so I can easily interrupt with additional inputs.

Single player, these have been super fun.
    That sounds like it would work marvelously. Please share that bit of code if you would and don't mind. I was thinking of trying to edit my scripts to do something simular but I'm still learning and something like reverse coding scripts this complex are currently beyond my skill level....

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BluMilk View Post
    Okay so after spending some time with using all the combos released so far i'm having a real hard time keeping track of my opponents and using these combos in the appropriate directions. With all the teleports, super dashes, tagging in, etc. i am constantly finding myself finally getting a hit in but ultimately dropping the combo because my starting position was off. One idea i have for fixing this is to change the LS left and right directions to do the vanilla combo in the direction the left stick is pointed. Now i realize this will override the LS left corner combo or alt combo if you will, so why not change this to having to hold down the RB instead? You would have to manually do the dragon rush instead but its simple to do (ust press light and medium together; piece of cake). Just a thought. That being said these scripts are super helpful and i really appreciate all the hard work you put in so far. Thanks a bunch
    Do you mean making it so that the vanilla combo always works by moving the LS forward, rather than moving the LS right or left? That can be done.

And if you want to move the combos to work from a different button/stick direction, all you have to do is go to this part of the script, its in the main section and you can find it by pressing ctrl+f and searching for "EDIT THIS PART OF SCRIPT for combo run":

Then find the combo you want to change and edit the line "if (get_val (9) >= 80)" change the 9-12 to the new button you want it to work from, PS4_R1, PS4_RX etc. If there is already a combo mapped to that button/stick direction you'll need to change it as well.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Great scripts btw, but only the vegeta one works for me. The rest have this error. ERROR: Syntax error, unexpected IF ('if') on line 34 column 4. which is if(event_press(PS4_RIGHT)) {

Any fix?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Yeah, for whatever reason after the server maintenance there is some issue in the forum that causes it to not post certain scripts correctly if you put them in the GPC wrappers. Those scripts were all working when I posted them and I still have the working scripts on my end, but every time I repost them the same issue happens and they come out wrong.

This isn't happening to my Tekken 7 or MVCI scripts, just these DBFZ ones, for some bizarre reason only Vegeta isn't effected.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon, If not I will just post the scripts outside of the wrappers, there's no problem then

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    Yeah, for whatever reason after the server maintenance there is some issue in the forum that causes it to not post certain scripts correctly if you put them in the GPC wrappers. Those scripts were all working when I posted them and I still have the working scripts on my end, but every time I repost them the same issue happens and they come out wrong.

This isn't happening to my Tekken 7 or MVCI scripts, just these DBFZ ones, for some bizarre reason only Vegeta isn't effected.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon, If not I will just post the scripts outside of the wrappers, there's no problem then
    Thank you.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Syntax error, unexpected IF ('if')

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast