Topic: [Request] Dead or Alive 5 Combos

SILVER II

User Info Menu

[Request] Dead or Alive 5 Combos

Hello does anyone have any doa 5 scripts for combos?
    Post it here

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: [Request] Dead or Alive 5 Combos

Anyone please?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I just discovered that you can get a free version of the game on steam with a couple of the characters unlocked. Since I want to script for DOA6 but have never played a DOA game before I might do 1 or 2 scripts soon to familiarize myself with the series.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    I just discovered that you can get a free version of the game on steam with a couple of the characters unlocked. Since I want to script for DOA6 but have never played a DOA game before I might do 1 or 2 scripts soon to familiarize myself with the series.
    The general idea of the game is quite simple but to be completely honest it makes scripting an actual nightmare. This is the one game where using a 'pre set' combo gets you absolutely murdered due to the counter system so its not a really good idea at all.

Combos tho go like this: start with any opener that causes a decent amt of stagger, then just keep adding hits (grounded hits) until you see the text on the opponent's side of the screen flash red. When that happens, use your character's Critical Stun move (marked as CS in the movelist). This will cause MASSIVE stagger. HERE is where you do one of two things: Either 1) Power Blow, the flashy super move thing you can do at half life only once or 2) launcher, into juggle into ender.

Thassit. The combos are extremely freeform for the first half before the Critical Stun... the reason is as mentioned above: the Counter system. Its simply not worth AT ALL to script the first part IMO... just LEARN your character's [CS] move, and script the latter half coz at least when a character has been put into Critical Stun there is no way to Counter you.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Alright, here's a script I made for Kasumi. Combos in this game ARE a little crazy to script for because of the hold system, weight classes, and stun levels that effect launch height. The free version of the game only has light and middleweight characters so I don't know if these combos will work on other weight classes. You can switch sides with L3 and R3.

RS right: QCF+P launcher. High P. Works on stun level 2 and up.
    RS left: KK b+K launcher. High K. Works on stun level 1 and below (i.e can be used as a stand alone combo or at critical stun lvl 1)
    RS up: b+K launcher. Mid K. Works on stun level 1 and up.
    RS down: f+PK launcher. Critical Stun move. Mid P. Works when in critical stun range (for best results use at critical stun lvl 3).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Tried it vs a friend who's decent at playing... after 3 games I started getting destroyed the moment I went for anything scripted as expected due to the way this game works and its Hold/Counter system (you can counter even while getting hit). As expected this is probably the one game where scripted combos are pretty much worthless as an OPENER. All its going to do for you is pretty much telegraph a specific height attack and scream 'I'm going for it! Counter me!' :P

That being said these scripts are great for using AFTER you have achieved Critical Stun. Just gotta tweak the input timing slightly as a launcher gives double the air time after CS.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

does any body do combos for the combo challenges for this game i could do with alpha-152 the last 6 the character is currently free and i suck at the game