Topic: Fanatec CSR won't connect to Xbox one.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Fanatec CSR won't connect to Xbox one.

Hello, I recently bought the drive hub and did the update and could get my wheel working but it didn't recognise the controller. I since found out it was because it was an unlicensed controller (the only wired one I have).
    So I bought a cable and connected my official wireless controller to the Xbox one but now the controller will work but not the wheel.
    The green LEDs will not light up for wheel and controller.
    I paid a lot of money for this hub and to get it imported into the UK.
    Please help.
    Thank you.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: Fanatec CSR won't connect to Xbox one.

Please show what step by step instructions you have followed so we can replicate your problem.

Did you follow the Troubleshooting Guide?

http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthre...ooting-amp-FAQ

Sounds to me like you're not putting it into Race Mode

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I followed the instructions to the letter. It's in race mode,doing the figure of 8. Then I get it to show csr on the led, then it goes to 0. But the wheel does nothing. F comes up on my wheel then after that nothing.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

You don't seem to be willing to help here. I have my wheel on, Xbox on. Then I plug the controller into the DH. Controller is not switched on. Then I plug the wheel in. Then I plug the lead that came with the DH that is connected to the Xbox into the DH.
    The DH is now doing the figure of 8.
    Then I put the wheel into pc mode and the letter F comes up on the wheel and c.s.r. on the DH and then the DH goes to zero.
    Then nothing happens. The buttons do not work on the wheel. Nothing works on the wheel.
    The wheel is fine because it works on my pc.
    Help me please.

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

please check the wheel f/w version on the PC and update to latest f/w release

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I have the latest firmware. Played forza 7 fine on pc. I bought DH so that my son can play on xboxone.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I have exactly the same setup and exactly the same problem. Is there an earlier DH firmware that is known to work? From perhaps before the switch to when the CSR is plugged directly into the "Controller" slot and no actual controller is used? I've seen a youtuber with our wheel working with that version.

I am also frustrated.. Just bought an Xbox One X on the promise of this product. If it has issues that will really hurt.

Keifer

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gnoshme View Post
    I have exactly the same setup and exactly the same problem. Is there an earlier DH firmware that is known to work? From perhaps before the switch to when the CSR is plugged directly into the "Controller" slot and no actual controller is used? I've seen a youtuber with our wheel working with that version.

I am also frustrated.. Just bought an Xbox One X on the promise of this product. If it has issues that will really hurt.

Keifer
    I have the same problem here.
    Try to connect my CSR to the Xbox One but not working.(none of the buttons on the wheel works)
    I am in racing mode, connected the xbox controller with power off, DH display CSR,the wheel display F(now display L but don't know how to switch back to F)
    I updated the DH firmware to the latest beta. The wheel works fine on PC.
    Should I try non-beta version firmware?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ma View Post
    I have the same problem here.
    Try to connect my CSR to the Xbox One but not working.(none of the buttons on the wheel works)
    I am in racing mode, connected the xbox controller with power off, DH display CSR,the wheel display F(now display L but don't know how to switch back to F)
    I updated the DH firmware to the latest beta. The wheel works fine on PC.
    Should I try non-beta version firmware?
    I got some great support in the end on one issue, which is the connection diagram for the CSR wheel on the website is wrong. You have to use the standard method which is Xbox controller in the first USB and CSR connected by USB to the second one.

I did play around with firmware for a while before I worked out the P1 button requirement, but that wasn't really the issue. Latest firmware works with CSR.

The real trick though is holding the P1 button when you connect the USB cable from the Drivehub to the Xbox.

So:
    - connect wheel to drivehub (off)
    - connect controller to drivehub (off)
    - with Xbox on, press P1 on Drivehub and connect cable to Xbox
    - Switch on wheel
    - Switch wheel to PC mode

I didn't get the H shifter to work and had issues with my clutch pedal, but I think it was just dead, so ended up going a different direction but found games very playable with CSR and Drivehub - although for me that was limited to paddle shifters and manual mode without clutch.

K

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gnoshme View Post
    I got some great support in the end on one issue, which is the connection diagram for the CSR wheel on the website is wrong. You have to use the standard method which is Xbox controller in the first USB and CSR connected by USB to the second one.

I did play around with firmware for a while before I worked out the P1 button requirement, but that wasn't really the issue. Latest firmware works with CSR.

The real trick though is holding the P1 button when you connect the USB cable from the Drivehub to the Xbox.

So:
    - connect wheel to drivehub (off)
    - connect controller to drivehub (off)
    - with Xbox on, press P1 on Drivehub and connect cable to Xbox
    - Switch on wheel
    - Switch wheel to PC mode

I didn't get the H shifter to work and had issues with my clutch pedal, but I think it was just dead, so ended up going a different direction but found games very playable with CSR and Drivehub - although for me that was limited to paddle shifters and manual mode without clutch.

K
    Thank you so much for your reply, that was very useful. I finally get the DH and CSR work!
    I also find out it was the problem of the usb cable that connect to the Xbox controller. The controller vibrate after plug in but somehow it go off after a second. I didn't realize the controller should be always on. Now I use another usb cable and everything works smoothly. Planning to add the Thrustmaster TH8a shifter to the DH.