Topic: G27 Wheel Buttons

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

G27 Wheel Buttons

I have configured the G27 on Xbox One and it works like a charm. Everything worked perfectly right from the start, except by the wheel's buttons (i refer to the buttons located on the wheel itself - buttons on the shift pad work fine).

Is there a way to enable G27 wheel's buttons on Xbox One? It would be nice to have them working, so I could enable the "look Left/Right" and other commands without taking my hand off the wheel.

Thanks in advance.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Re: G27 Wheel Buttons

Any thoughts on this? It would be really nice if we could use the wheel's buttons instead of the gamepad. Also, I don't understand why two of the wheel buttons are mapped as "throtle" and "break". They could be mapped as LSB and RSB buttons from G920.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

I agree with you. I am running into issues with F1 2018 and Forza 7 (Clutch and handbrake are used at the same time, cannot be separated)

The clutch is not working in F1 2018 and remapping it in the game shows as accelerator (or the actual right button on wheel of G27). Even if the XYAB buttons from the shifter could be duplicated on the wheel itself that would be easier for setting up pit communication, DRS and views in the game. Otherwise it is too complex to chase these buttons during game play.

PS3 GT6 handled these buttons nicely and the menu and wheel selector knob could be fully simulated with the 5 buttons on the wheel. I wonder if Drivehub via firmware update could do something about it.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Correct - I second that we need to have LSB and RSB buttons mapped for G27. There is no other way to select them from the shifter console buttons.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Duplicate
    Last edited by Iggyxb1; 6th March 19 at 00:07.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi - I hope you are still checking this. Please try the .51 version of firmware. (there are steps on drivehub homepage with procedure to do this. uncheck supported fw to get all the available fw loads)

This was addressed and you will like it. All the games are now opening up to map the buttons to my liking.

Basically the buttons on the wheel are from left to right in each row now duplicated options for:

A Y
    B X
    v > (arrows)

Woo-hoo! F12018 is amazing now and many other games too.

Thanks for a great job Wheelman!

Igor
    Last edited by Iggyxb1; 19th March 19 at 16:49.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Hi,

Great to to see that the beta firmware has enabled the use of the buttons on my g27, but can we swap around buttons b and x as forza 7 uses x to look left and b to look right.

Babyfaced Assassin

User Info Menu

Great firmware update as now all buttons on g27 actually work, but in saying that, can there be more options in button layout as forza 7 does not allow you to map buttons.

After using my g27 with this firmware update my preference would be as follows:
    X B
    A Y
    LSB RSB

Is this possible?

Thanks.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iggyxb1 View Post
    Hi - I hope you are still checking this. Please try the .51 version of firmware. (there are steps on drivehub homepage with procedure to do this. uncheck supported fw to get all the available fw loads)

This was addressed and you will like it. All the games are now opening up to map the buttons to my liking.

Basically the buttons on the wheel are from left to right in each row now duplicated options for:

A Y
    B X
    v > (arrows)

Woo-hoo! F12018 is amazing now and many other games too.

Thanks for a great job Wheelman!

Igor
    Thanks A LOT! I just tested the new firmware and it solved all of my problems! Now I can use all buttons from the wheel. Terrific!!

Can't wait to use the wheel tonight!