Topic: Taking time to write my own.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Taking time to write my own.

Best and most efficient route to writing scripts?
    Is blockly practical?
    I am going to commit time to learn but need to take the first step in the right direction.
    Ive watched several tutorials inc Excalibur’s fantastic work.

But, bottom line, which is best route to focus and educate myself on.

Its a lot to take in and I don’t want to fall at the first hurdle

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Taking time to write my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
    Best and most efficient route to writing scripts?
    Is blockly practical?
    I am going to commit time to learn but need to take the first step in the right direction.
    Ive watched several tutorials inc Excalibur’s fantastic work.

But, bottom line, which is best route to focus and educate myself on.

Its a lot to take in and I don’t want to fall at the first hurdle

I would recommend the Cronus manual and just look at other people's simple scripts and try to make your own simple scripts.
    https://cronusmax.com/manual/a_simple_tutorial.htm

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fadexz For This Useful Post:

Script Support

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fadexz View Post
    I would recommend the Cronus manual and just look at other people's simple scripts and try to make your own simple scripts.
    https://cronusmax.com/manual/a_simple_tutorial.htm
    Exactly the right combination. I learned mostly from Excalibur - I studied many of his work. But also his apps are powerful stuff and allow you to learn very quickly. The SGI tools for example really boosted my knowledge rapidly. The SGI tool basically puts you in the designer shoes, the architect so to say. Once your design is finished on the SGI tool, you copy paste into CronusPro and as the grand designer you will understand the GPC language on the screen in front of you much easier.

And if you can read GPC, you can also write GPC.... reading, writing than evolved into making changes to existing scripts by helping others. So I started responding to support requests from other users. Powered by the SGI tool and the script manipulator tool (if you haven't already, download it!) I was able to solve a fast majority of the support requests easily (most are actually very simple). Every solved " ticket" adds to your experience....

Anyway, by now I am able to use the CronusMax to its fullest capacity, which also enables me to estimate that about 98% of the visible community members (those who are using the forum) only use 10 -20% of the CronusMax capacity...so yes, I applaud you for stepping out of the grey zone! I hope you get on quickly. And if you need my help, don`t hesitate to ask.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crescens For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Brillaint. Many thanks guys