Topic: Chun li - Instant Air Legs script help

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Chun li - Instant Air Legs script help

I'm trying to figure out how to execute this better in my script. It's chun's instant air legs mapped to R3, but I can only execute it if I'm not holding down any of the directionals (for example, it won't execute correctly if I press R3 while holding back for block).

Is there a way to modify this so it can execute correctly? I was thinking maybe add a neutral button at the top to force a neutral? Or is there a command to ignore all directionals/buttons while executing a combo?

I'm also using script manipulator, but I looked through most of the functions and didn't see an option for it.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Re: Chun li - Instant Air Legs script help

Quote Originally Posted by kasumiberry View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to execute this better in my script. It's chun's instant air legs mapped to R3, but I can only execute it if I'm not holding down any of the directionals (for example, it won't execute correctly if I press R3 while holding back for block).

Is there a way to modify this so it can execute correctly? I was thinking maybe add a neutral button at the top to force a neutral? Or is there a command to ignore all directionals/buttons while executing a combo?

I'm also using script manipulator, but I looked through most of the functions and didn't see an option for it.

You could do something like this...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

^ Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it didn't work though.

Here's the script I'm working on so far for Chun. All of them are unstable because the directional input on the dpad messes up the directional properties of the macro'd combos. It's weird because if I input a directional dpad movement, then return to neutral (no dpad presses), the script is set to that direction. For example if I press left > let go to return to neutral > press RS direction for macro > the script seems to think I'm pressing left the entire time so it messes the whole thing up.

I haven't done directional switching with the touchpad yet, so maybe that's the problem. If anyone has a template or code that switches sides via the dpad I can just copy paste, that would be much appreciated!

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kasumiberry View Post
    ^ Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately it didn't work though.

Here's the script I'm working on so far for Chun. All of them are unstable because the directional input on the dpad messes up the directional properties of the macro'd combos. It's weird because if I input a directional dpad movement, then return to neutral (no dpad presses), the script is set to that direction. For example if I press left > let go to return to neutral > press RS direction for macro > the script seems to think I'm pressing left the entire time so it messes the whole thing up.

I haven't done directional switching with the touchpad yet, so maybe that's the problem. If anyone has a template or code that switches sides via the dpad I can just copy paste, that would be much appreciated!

I guess I should have actually read all of your post before I threw that out there...doh . All that script does is look for input from the dpad and set it to zero. Now that I've actually read both of your posts....

Here's what's happening. This bit of code....

// Determine Back and Forward
    if(get_val(RIGHT) || get_val(MOVE_X) >= 30) {
    back = LEFT; forward = RIGHT;
    }
    else if(get_val(LEFT) || get_val(MOVE_X) <= -30) {
    back = RIGHT; forward = LEFT;
    }//----------------------------------------------

This is how it sets back & forward. That's how it able to work from both sides. If you're setting values in your combos to either Dpad LEFT or RIGHT, on the next iteration this code will pick up that value and think that the directional button is being pressed. Are you using the left joystick to move? Because as is, it is looking at both Left and Right on the DPAD and LX. It should be one or the other...not both.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post: