Topic: X-AIM Plugin - Rumble Feedback not detecting

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

X-AIM Plugin - Rumble Feedback not detecting

I have had this issue for months and I have tried everything to get it to work but the issue is when using a script that runs a combo based off what rumble/vibration feedback is detected it doesn't work when while using the GPC script in "X-AIM" but works fine when I'm just using the script with the controller without X-AIM. I've used the "Device Monitor" while using X-AIM to see if the rumble feedback is showing up like it should and it is but doesn't activate the combo. Any advice?

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: X-AIM Plugin - Rumble Feedback not detecting

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireProject View Post
    I have had this issue for months and I have tried everything to get it to work but the issue is when using a script that runs a combo based off what rumble/vibration feedback is detected it doesn't work when while using the GPC script in "X-AIM" but works fine when I'm just using the script with the controller without X-AIM. I've used the "Device Monitor" while using X-AIM to see if the rumble feedback is showing up like it should and it is but doesn't activate the combo. Any advice?
    I don't really use X-Aim but try this.

There is a setting that you can enable the controller input as well as the keyboard & mouse input at the same time. There also is an option to allow rumble feedback on the controller so it will detect it.

Notes:

- Just know for your mouse movement to not be screwed up a little make sure your sticks can either sit exactly on 0 on all axises in Device Monitor, if not you need to add to the script the below in the main. It will make it so if the stick is moved less than 10% it will set it to 0%, like a deadzone. Then you only need to keep the sticks under 10% so just close to the middle and the good thing is games/consoles don't use values usually lower than around 12% as that is considered in a "rested" position (they mainly use 15% and above as movement).

- You need to have vibration on the controller for it to register it, however you can make it really short to just one update of the CronusMax (10 ms) so you don't notice it. Or remove the rumble motors :P

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fadexz For This Useful Post:

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

That's what I thought I would have to do it seems like such an easy solution just allow the controller input and vibration setting but it still doesn't work. I have had the settings many way and while I'm using the X-AIM with detecting the controller I get the rumble feedback to my controller and it vibrates but the GPC script I'm running with X-AIM doesn't detect the rumble to start my combo. Everything else with the script works but that. I tested the SAME script without X-AIM with a controller and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadexz View Post
    I don't really use X-Aim but try this.

There is a setting that you can enable the controller input as well as the keyboard & mouse input at the same time. There also is an option to allow rumble feedback on the controller so it will detect it.

Notes:

- Just know for your mouse movement to not be screwed up a little make sure your sticks can either sit exactly on 0 on all axises in Device Monitor, if not you need to add to the script the below in the main. It will make it so if the stick is moved less than 10% it will set it to 0%, like a deadzone. Then you only need to keep the sticks under 10% so just close to the middle and the good thing is games/consoles don't use values usually lower than around 12% as that is considered in a "rested" position (they mainly use 15% and above as movement).

- You need to have vibration on the controller for it to register it, however you can make it really short to just one update of the CronusMax (10 ms) so you don't notice it. Or remove the rumble motors :P

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireProject View Post
    That's what I thought I would have to do it seems like such an easy solution just allow the controller input and vibration setting but it still doesn't work. I have had the settings many way and while I'm using the X-AIM with detecting the controller I get the rumble feedback to my controller and it vibrates but the GPC script I'm running with X-AIM doesn't detect the rumble to start my combo. Everything else with the script works but that. I tested the SAME script without X-AIM with a controller and it works fine.
    Not sure, i'm not the type of person to really use X-Aim so I don't know.