Topic: Script Help - Combos

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Script Help - Combos

Hello everyone!

First time posting after about a week with my CronusMax Plus. I've really enjoyed the gamepacks I've found but am trying to teach myself to program some combos for Black Manta in Injustice 2. I can't figure out how to prevent a button being double-pressed though if assigned to a face button. EX: run a <-- --> X combo tied to the X button, when in reality it runs X <-- --> X.

Does anyone have any pointers or ways I can make this easier on myself?

Any help is appreciated!!!

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Re: Script Help - Combos

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerBane View Post
    Hello everyone!

First time posting after about a week with my CronusMax Plus. I've really enjoyed the gamepacks I've found but am trying to teach myself to program some combos for Black Manta in Injustice 2. I can't figure out how to prevent a button being double-pressed though if assigned to a face button. EX: run a <-- --> X combo tied to the X button, when in reality it runs X <-- --> X.

Does anyone have any pointers or ways I can make this easier on myself?

Any help is appreciated!!!
    Most fighting game scripts active combos with the Left Stick & Right Stick 1) avoids the issue you speak of and 2) very easy to start/stop a combo.

If I use Left Stick up for example to run a combo, if the combo is blocked or misses for some reason and I have to do is release the LS and the combo automatically stops and you're ready to go with another.

Here's a script I wrote awhile back for ATROCITUS. There's a total of 16 combo that can be run using just the Right and Left Sticks

But to answer your question, you would need to block the activation button in the beginning of the combo. Like so...

You would have to make sure that the button you use to start the combo either doesn't appear in the combo or not until way on down in it.