Topic: TS-XW WILL NOT WORK ON PS4

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

TS-XW WILL NOT WORK ON PS4

Just received the Drivehub today to be able to use my TS-XW wheel on the PS4. I immediately updated the firmware to 2.0.2 seeing that TS-XW support was added in 2.0.1.
    Nothing happened..wheel didn’t turn on and wasn’t recognized. I did some digging on these forums and noticed that there are beta firmwares that don’t install automatically on the updater software. So I installed the newest beta and tried again.
    This time the wheel turned on and went through the calibration, but NONE of the buttons do anything.
    I bought this thing for the sole purpose of using my TS-XW on PS4 and its even listed to be compatible, but as of right now..I basically have a $90 paperweight. I was under the assumption that this thing would work and I wouldn’t have to wait around for new firmwares.

Please help

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: TS-XW WILL NOT WORK ON PS4

can you make sure the wheel has the latest f/w.... there was a lot of bugs in the earlier versions, it should be on version 4..

we've had positive feedback that this wheel works. What game were you trying to play ???
    Last edited by Podger; 9th January 19 at 06:07.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    can you make sure the wheel has the latest f/w.... there was a lot of bugs in the earlier versions, it should be on version 4..

we've had positive feedback that this wheel works. What game were you trying to play ???
    Thank you for your fast response.
    I am running version 4 on the TS-XW. I’m running version 2.0.3-beta.40 on the Drivehub. The Drivehub flashes TS-PC on the Drivehub, then it displays a 0. I can’t even get into a game. None of the buttons work or the directional pad.
    Hopefully we can get this working.
    Can I please make a friendly suggestion? You sold me on this working with the TS-XW. It is listed on the compatible wheels, yet it sounds like you might not have one for yourself to test...wouldn’t it be wise to invest in one to make sure first hand that things do work as advertised before listing and selling it to people?
    Thanks for your help

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

We would only invest in the wheel if we were seeing issues... the first query we had re the TS-XW was in dec 2017, the user provided us with a USB trace of the wheel on PC, we did a f/w and user reported it working perfectly on PS4 with DriveHub. We've had no negative feedback since.

Again... what game are you trying to play ???

Do you have a controller on port 1, is it a Sony controller ??? if not what is it ??
    Last edited by Podger; 10th January 19 at 05:52.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    We would only invest in the wheel if we were seeing issues... the first query we had re the TS-XW was in dec 2017, the user provided us with a USB trace of the wheel on PC, we did a f/w and user reported it working perfectly on PS4 with DriveHub. We've had no negative feedback since.

Again... what game are you trying to play ???

Do you have a controller on port 1, is it a Sony controller ??? if not what is it ??
    Yes, I have a oem Sony controller plugged in to the controller port. I have tried 3 different ones (all Sony) just to make sure it wasn’t a controller issue.

Im initially trying to play GTsport, but also want to use this for other titles, especially the psvr titles : Dirt Rally and Driveclub VR, but like I said, I can’t even get into a game because the buttons won’t work on the PS4 home menu.

I noticed a few posts down on this same thread that someone using a TS-PC which is essentially the same base (the Drivehub even recognizes the TS-XW as the TS-PC) was having the same issue with the buttons not working on the PS4 but it wasn’t posted about any confirmed solution.

Do do you know of any earlier version of firmware I might try? Could it be possible that all the confirmed cases of this wheel working are on different firmware and the latest beta might have introduced new bugs?

Thank you

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

We display TS-PC because there is no way to display X or W on a 7 segment display, but you are right they are effectively the same base.

I will start a review of the code to see if there is an inadvertent change that may have broken TS-XW..

version 2.0.2 is the version that users reported as working.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

2.0.2 did not work at all for me. The wheel would not turn on and calibrate. It wasn't until I used the newest beta firmware 2.0.3-beta.40 that the wheel was at least turning on and calibrating.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

This has been SOLVED. Buttons and dpad will NOT work in the PS4 home menus, but everything seems to work fine in game. I needed to use another controller besides the one attached to the drivehub, to be able to get into the game.
    Thanks to Podger for making sure this issue was resolved!

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

UPDATE So it turns out I had a incompatible micro usb cable connected to the PS4 controller. It seems this is now working 100% as intended and I have full function of the buttons in the PS4 menus.

My Other Ride Is a Yoshi

User Info Menu

Hey Podge. This is the first post I've jumped on but Ive been using my drivehub for over a year and I love it. I recently swapped out my TMX for the TS-XW and I am now not getting anything from my shifter in GT sport on ps4. I am still getting input from my handbrake just not the shifter.