Topic: GT Sport update 1.32 broke FFB on my Clubsport v2.5 in Fanatec mode (using 2.0.3b-40)

SILVER II

User Info Menu

GT Sport update 1.32 broke FFB on my Clubsport v2.5 in Fanatec mode (using 2.0.3b-40)

Hi Admins / Podger,

It seems the latest GT Sport update 1.32 (1/17/19) broke FFB on my Clubsport v2.5 in Fanatec mode. I've heard of GT sport updates breaking this before. Does. a new DH Firmware need to be created to fix this issue? Thanks much in advance

I"m using latest 2.0.3Beta-40 on my Drive Hub.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alexlude For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Re: GT Sport update 1.32 broke FFB on my Clubsport v2.5 in Fanatec mode (using 2.0.3b

Right. V1.32 gtsport broke ffb in fanatec CSW2. But it feels more sensitive than before. I hope that this new sensitivity is maintained with the update that we will surely have available in a short time. I hope that this update will help me to continue lowering my times !!!! Thanks greetings from Galicia (spain)

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: GT Sport update 1.32 broke FFB on my Clubsport v2.5 in Fanatec mode (using 2.0.3b

Quote Originally Posted by alexlude View Post
    Hi Admins / Podger,

It seems the latest GT Sport update 1.32 (1/17/19) broke FFB on my Clubsport v2.5 in Fanatec mode. I've heard of GT sport updates breaking this before. Does. a new DH Firmware need to be created to fix this issue? Thanks much in advance

I"m using latest 2.0.3Beta-40 on my Drive Hub.
    Same problem - cannot feel any FFB (Fanatec mode) - was working before update. Wheel feels like my old non FFB wheel - turns but you can't feel a thing.

Tested on Assetto Corsa PS4 - works fine.

CSW 2.5 with CSL Elite LC pedals.

Edit: Was running on older drivehub firmware and got no ffb. Updated to latest beta 40 - no change, no ffb.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gt_fan For This Useful Post:

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

We are aware of the issue. Testing the fix right now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Thanks Podger, keep us posted kind sir!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alexlude For This Useful Post:

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

I put .43 on the server, please let me know how it goes

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Podger For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

awesome.. going to try it out now!!!

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Podger View Post
    I put .43 on the server, please let me know how it goes
    With the .43 the ffb of the Fanatec mode was fixed in my CSW2 and gtsport v1.32 It even seems better than before. The understeering tremor is still there, but the ffb response problem has been solved. Good job, thank you very much

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Agreed, I see the loss of grip tremor when I oversteer too much into a turn when using Fanatec Mode vs Fanalogic but I'm assuming that's by design.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alexlude For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick update - much appreciated.

The FFB is definitely back. Just did a 5min test and everything feels much better now. FFB more responsive and the understeer rattling is now more acceptable.

Will keep testing but overall I am happy with it now. Thanks guys.

CSW 2.5 with CSL Elite LC pedals (Fanatec mode)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gt_fan For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Where can I get the 2.0.3b-43 file?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

In the update, UNcheck the "latest available" option. This will show you a list of all available firmwares, including betas.
    Select the most recent one and update.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Don't want to make new thread, but anyone else has a problem in GT Sport with CSW v2, otherwise ffb(although you have to keep it level 1-2 from game so its not too strong to steer, especially from game's sping effect) is ok but sometimes in brakings, understeer etc there is very violent steering vibration/shake,* which almost feel that it could break you wheel/base? It's little difficult to pinpoint which thing exactly cause that, but you definitely notice when that happen.

It doesn't happen everytime but too often, you can of course put ffb so low but then you don't have driving feel. Is that problem somehow avoidable via drivehub's firmware update etc?

*I think that you can easily call that "Death rattle"...

SILVER II

User Info Menu

yeah that used to happen for me as well (CSW v1), but I have not played GT Sport for a while. It seems that occurs when you understeer, or maybe lock the front wheels. I guess it's a feature? Is anyone able to check if this happens with the CSL Elite for PS4 wheel (no drivehub) as well?