Topic: How to connect CronusMAX PLUS to XIM APEX and XB1

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Thumbs up How to connect CronusMAX PLUS to XIM APEX and XB1

WARNING

Connecting to a XIM APEX is not officially supported by Cronus. These are the known methods to get it working.

OK. I'm using CronusMAX PLUS and a XIM APEX right now with an Xbox One X (same method will work with the other Xbox One versions)

First make sure you upgrade your CronusMAX PLUS to the latest version and make sure you are using the latest XIM APEX firmware.

The firmware must be at least CronusMAX PLUS v1.24 - anything below that and it will not work with the XIM APEX correctly.

Please note that this new feature is only designed to work with CronusMAX hardware manufactured after January 2015. If you are purchasing a new CronusMAX and want it to work with XIM4 / XIM APEX, make sure to buy a new model CronusMAX PLUS https://shop.cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus.html

IMPORTANT: In Cronus PRO, the output protocol must be set to XB1 (NOT Automatic).

Try this, mine authenticates with no problem.

This assumes you are already able to hook-up either device by itself to your console with no problems so make sure you check that they both work independently first.

• Power up the Xbox One with the console power button (wait for it to be fully booted and sitting at the home screen)
    • Connect your Cronus to the Xbox One console (do not have the input usb cable attached, just the Cronus device itself)
    • The CronusMAX PLUS should now be flashing AU
    • Connect the XIM usb hub with controller/keyboard/mouse already plugged in, to the XIM Apex
    • Connect the XIM Apex to the CronusMAX PLUS
    • This part takes a few seconds. The Cronus LED goes to 0 and XIM syncs with LEDs showing that it is connected. The controller LEDs should be on.
    • Now connect controller usb to the input port of the CronusMAX PLUS

I probably do that a couple of times a day. Never an issue.

Please post feedback and click Thanks if this helped you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: How to connect CronusMAX PLUS to XIM APEX and XB1

Edited and polished for you @Batts. Thanks for testing!

Here's a bunch of other methods if anyone wants to give it a try https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthr...ion-(XBOX-ONE)

We encourage you to post feedback

Gl0zz3n put together a video of XIM APex / CronusMAX PLUS on Xbox One

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

So, when using the CronusMAX + with XIM Apex, you are able to run all available CronusMAX scripts? What advantages would a person have to using the APEX and the CronusMAX?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by r8ermang View Post
    So, when using the CronusMAX + with XIM Apex, you are able to run all available CronusMAX scripts? What advantages would a person have to using the APEX and the CronusMAX?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Scripts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MaxADMIN For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Gl0zz3n put together a video of XIM APex / CronusMAX PLUS on Xbox One

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Only way I can get mine to auth is.
    1. Turn on xbox one
    2. connect CM with the controller and let it auth
    3. unplug the controller from the CM, Plug M/K and controller into your Xim Apex and plug it back into the CM it will flash AU then auth but the keyboard and mouse will not work on the xbox... yet.
    4. Leave everything plugged in and power down the Xbox using the button on the console.
    5. power the console back up using the Controller and the CM will auth and work proper.

I have an Xboxone x tried EVERYTHING I found but this was the only way it worked for me. hope this helps anyone else that's having issues.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanon9993 For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Does A Xbox One ELITE Controller work with a cronus max plus???
    A Quick reply will be very much appreciated

SILVER II

User Info Menu

This helped me set up my xim and cronus but only issue is i cant hear sound and i have a wireless headset, how do i set this up?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    OK. I'm using CronusMAX PLUS and a XIM APEX right now with an Xbox One X (same method will work with the other Xbox One versions)

First make sure you upgrade your CronusMAX PLUS to the latest version and make sure you are using the latest XIM APEX firmware.

The firmware must be at least CronusMAX PLUS v1.24 - anything below that and it will not work with the XIM APEX correctly.

Please note that this new feature is only designed to work with CronusMAX hardware manufactured after January 2015. If you are purchasing a new CronusMAX and want it to work with XIM4 / XIM APEX, make sure to buy a new model CronusMAX PLUS https://shop.cronusmax.com/cronusmax-plus.html

IMPORTANT: In Cronus PRO, the output protocol must be set to XB1 (NOT Automatic).

Try this, mine authenticates with no problem.

This assumes you are already able to hook-up either device by itself to your console with no problems so make sure you check that they both work independently first.

• Power up the Xbox One with the console power button (wait for it to be fully booted and sitting at the home screen)
    • Connect your Cronus to the Xbox One console (do not have the input usb cable attached, just the Cronus device itself)
    • The CronusMAX PLUS should now be flashing AU
    • Connect the XIM usb hub with controller/keyboard/mouse already plugged in, to the XIM Apex
    • Connect the XIM Apex to the CronusMAX PLUS
    • This part takes a few seconds. The Cronus LED goes to 0 and XIM syncs with LEDs showing that it is connected. The controller LEDs should be on.
    • Now connect controller usb to the input port of the CronusMAX PLUS

I probably do that a couple of times a day. Never an issue.

Please post feedback and click Thanks if this helped you

So do you have to do this every time you turn on your Xbox? Or just the first time you set it up?

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sully8881 View Post
    So do you have to do this every time you turn on your Xbox? Or just the first time you set it up?
    When you restart or turn your console off...yes. It only takes a couple of minutes.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

You have to do all of those steps every time you get on? Or just the first time you set it up?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: How to connect CronusMAX

what is the controller usb cable and how do I connect it into the cronus considering the xim is plugged in?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I just connect my XIM Apex directly to my Cronusmax and then plug the whole thing in to my Xbox One and it authenticates. I must be lucky I guess.