Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Dead or Alive 6 Combos Thread

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Dead or Alive 6 Combos Thread

Here's a thread for posting any Dead or Alive 6 scripts that get made. Feel free to post your own scripts here if you have them.

As of this post the beta for DOA6 is live and actually has a working practice mode, so I was able to make a quick Kasumi script.

Because of the complexity involved in performing combos in this game, I recommend anyone new to the series watch this video that explains how combos work:

The rest of the video series is pretty helpful too, although it was made during DOA5.

Because of the hold system, its dangerous to script an entire combo, so the combos here are only from the launcher onwards. After doing a move that causes critical stun, you can go into any of the launchers at any time (there are no critical stun levels in DOA6 as far as I can tell, there's only a difference between whether the opponent is in critical stun or not).

RS right is a high P launcher.
    RS left is a mid K launcher.
    RS up is a high K launcher.
    RS down is a mid P launcher.

L1 is a throw into a combo.

You can change which side the combos work on with L3/R3. L3 will make them work if your character is on the left side of the screen. R3 will make them work if your character is on the right side of the screen.

The combos are designed to work on light and middleweight characters. Pressing select will change the combos into ones that work on heavyweight characters. When the light/middleweight character combos are active the LED will be blue. When the heavyweight combos are active the LED will be red. You can see a list of the character's weight classes here: https://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...-classes.8280/

Enjoy! This will by my first DOA so any advice on how to improve the scripts, especially from vets of the series, is appreciated.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Re: Dead or Alive 6 Combos Thread

I'm getting the game tomorrow so I'm definitely curious in trying a few scripts. Thanks.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

This game is fundamentally similar to DoA5LR so not much difference. The only thing worth scripting is anything that begins with a launcher, which guarantees it as a true combo. Except that the combo chains are so freaking short for the most part its not really worth the effort IMO :/

Fatal Stun chains can be worth scripting but just be aware that they can be broken literally at any point with a Hold UP UNTIL THE FATAL STUN IS ACHIEVED, after that point it auto launches and from there its a true combo. Fatal Stun attacks (ie the new R1 noob button) replaces Critical Burst. Initially it may seem like a noobspaz button (and that's exactly how it will be used too...) but there are 3 things to be aware of:

1) The first attack of the Fatal Stun chain IS ALWAYS HIGH! Defense against it is simply CROUCH and counter.
    2) Fatal Stun attacks can ONLY be countered with Break Hold. Regular Holds do not work... this point is key.
    3) Fatal Stun attack damage is beyond pathetic. It is WORTHLESSLY pathetic and also has the effect of causing a lot of damage scaling.

So, how 2 use this in a non noobspaz way that will guarantee your loss? Simple, its basically the same attack flow as DoA5LR's Critical Burst chains.

1. Start with an opening move that causes Critical Stun, you can tell which moves as the opponent will generally be hit with heavy stagger and the words Critical Stun appear on their side of the screen.
    2. From there, add 3-4 more hits. They must be FAST hits that chain so they continue the Critical Stun. If the words Critical Stun disappear from the opponent side, you're no longer comboing... too slow, try again with something faster. As a general guide you can probably get up to 5 attacks max during this Critical Stun state before the opponent will recover. DURING THIS TIME ALL HITS ARE NOT TRUE COMBOS and you can be countered with the correct Hold, so be wary and mix up your shit. This is why you do not script this bit... use the same string too often and it becomes easily predictable.
    3. Finally, transition from the last hit of your chain into the Fatal Stun attacks (R1). You can tap R1 a maximum of 3 times... if you tap it 4 times it will end the combo, never do the final hit. Almost everybody's Fatal Stun attacks will LAUNCH the opponent if they are in Critical Stun. This is the new equivalent of Critical Burst, FWIW. The Fatal Stun attacks have a tendency to launch the opponent higher than a normal launcher, which is the reason to do this at all.
    4. After the Fatal Stun launches, do your favorite combo to end it, or combo into Break Blow, your choice.

Otherwise, the combo system outside of Fatal Stun/Critical Stun is basically Virtua Fighter style combos... basically Tekken 5 style. Launch... chain... wall. Done. This ends my little DoA6 How2Play Basics 101.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I'm currently trying to finish up Tekken 7 season 2, then I'll get to work on some DOA6 scripts. I don't know how many characters I'll end up doing but I'll at least keep making stuff for it up until MK11.

As far as improving the scripts, I'll see about adding a generic wall combo as well as a combo for use after hitting your opponent into the more common interactables. Another really interesting thing I noticed during the beta was that moves send different amounts of vibration to the controller on block, hit, and counter-hit. This means that automatic hit and counter-hit confirms are possible by telling the script to only run a combo if the right amount of vibration is detected. As soon as I can find some good ways to take advantage of that I will.

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

I heard that you can KBD in this game, is this true? What's the input so I can try scripting it?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eletif View Post
    I heard that you can KBD in this game, is this true? What's the input so I can try scripting it?
    Its down, downback to KBD. Do note though that backdash cancelling in this game isn't as powerful as it is in Tekken because you aren't considered blocking while you do it. Its a spacing tool only.

Here's a script for Hayabusa:

RS right is a Mid P starter
    RS up is a high K starter
    RS left is a mid K starter that also causes fatal stun

RS down is Hayabusa's Izuna Drop throw. It also works as an air throw in combos, with this you can combo off of launchers easily even on opponents that are not in critical stun. Going directly into it off a launcher is also the best thing you can do against heavyweight characters so there's no heavyweight-specific combos this time. Its also the best choice after interactables that launch.

You can double tap back to KBD. I may end up moving it back to LS back if it interferes too much with doing other moves.

Enjoy!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Good looking out...thx again

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Anyone working on combo challenge scripts for each character? Particularly the real hard ones at the end for some characters. I found Bass’s fairly simple to do mainly so I manually did his. They give off high amounts of player points once completed to finish your costume in game purchases. So this would be great to have if someone or a group of us could work on. Save everyone grind time. Any takers?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

How about scripts for DOA Quest High Difficulty Quest 105-130. Just the red star ones. Completing the other two are easy. I did them all in an hour (blue and yellow). You get 10,000 Gold extra. Once all 3 missions are cleared and there’s 26 of them.

You could most likely use everyone’s last or second to last combo challenge for the damage I’m thinking.
    Ayane: hc4K, PK, btH+K, bt4K, btH+KK, BBC, 4K, PKK, ch236K
    Bass: Requires 155 damage
    Bayman: Requires 150 damage
    Brad Wong: Requires 150 damage
    Christie: Requires 170 damage (against a heavy character)
    Diego: Requires 200 damage
    Eliot: Requires 155 damage
    Hayate: Requires 200 damage
    Helena: Requires 140 damage
    Hitomi: Requires 150 damage
    Honoka: Requires 180 damage
    Jann Lee: Requires 180 damage
    Kasumi: Requires 130 damage
    Kokoro: Requires 150 damage
    La Mariposa: Requires 150 damage
    Leifang: Requires 160 damage
    Marie Rose: Requires 150 damage
    Mila: Requires 150 damage (against a heavy character)
    NiCO: Requires 155 damage
    Nyotengu: 46P+K, PPK, H+K . P+K, PP, PPP, BBC, H+K . P+K, PP, PPP
    Phase 4: Requires 160 damage
    Raidou: Requires 170 damage
    Rig: Requires 170 damage
    Ryu Hayabusa: Requires 150 damage
    Tina: Requires 150 damage
    Zack: Requires 150 damage
    TERMINOLOGY KEY
    P = Punch
    K = Kick
    T = Throw
    H = Hold (Guard)
    Directions (facing right)
    7 8 9
    4 5 6
    1 2 3
    hc = Hi-Counter
    c = Counter Hit
    bt = Back turned
    ch = Close Hit
    BB = Break Blow
    BBC = Break Blow Cancel
    . = Brief Delay

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I may switch to doing combo challenges and such with my next script.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

If you could tell me which stages the character quest challenges take place on it would help a lot. most characters can't produce that much DMG in a
    solo no wall combo... So I am assuming they take place on a specific stage or stages. So please write character and stage plus COMBO DMG needed
    to complete mission. THANX!!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

hey I have a request for Elliot combo challenge mainly combo number 12 in the challenge and every challenge past that. I tried making one but I don't know enough about the coding to fine tune the hits!! I will be working on it today if I am able to do it I will post it.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

hey!! took me forever to get this challenge done, but here is a script for Elliot's combo challenge number 12!!! just use custom controller settings and leave LT/L2, or L1/LB blank. Also it is set for XBOX1 so for PS users just switch the "if" statements so that it says PS L1 and PS L2. u might not need to but just in case.. anyways here it is.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tjquest777 For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Also here is a script for Hayates raijin. use LT/L2 if on the left side and LB/L1 if on the right. Have fun. The script is written for XBOX1 though....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tjquest777 For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tjquest777 For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

here is a script for elliots final combo challenge 20..You have to hit LT and then wait and do the break burst cancel manually. then press LB and finally
    preform the last attack manually as well.. This combo is a bit touchy and sometimes the kick after the initial throw doesn't always connect. If that
    happends just reset position and re initiate the LT. K goodluck!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tjquest777 For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

For Tina it doesn’t matter. I was actually able to perform hers manually. Which requires full meter.

Check out the YouTube videos below. It shows them all and the stages. Description has the input commands.

DOA6 High Difficulty Quest V1
    https://youtu.be/CrFaUaj__jQ

DOA6 High Difficulty Quest V2
    https://youtu.be/_3Ib_oVPMMc

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

bump

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tjquest777 View Post
    bump
    From the Community Rules: https://cronusmax.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mfinite View Post
    For Tina it doesn’t matter. I was actually able to perform hers manually. Which requires full meter.

Check out the YouTube videos below. It shows them all and the stages. Description has the input commands.

DOA6 High Difficulty Quest V1
    https://youtu.be/CrFaUaj__jQ

DOA6 High Difficulty Quest V2
    https://youtu.be/_3Ib_oVPMMc
    ***ADDED***
    DOA6 High Difficulty Quest V3
    https://youtu.be/lwF5S3nRxyc

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

you think you make a %100 combo challenge for helena ,lisa and honaka?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

I will help you, but I am new at script writing I don't know how to make elaborate scripts or game packs. So I don't want to do all of them other wise I will blow up this thread for like a 100 pages. So just let me know which ones u absolutely need and I will post them. Which console??

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

thanks for hitting me back. if you could i could use combos. 16 17 18 and 20 for helena

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

K here is number 16... again please be sure to set your controls to custom and leave L1/LB and L2/LT blank or else the combo will not function correctly.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Helena combo challenge 17
    thanks for hitting me back. if you could i could use combos. 16 17 18 and 20 for Helena

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Here is phase 4 number 20... But is broken into three parts. Again I lack the talent to combine these altoghter as one code, but this does work. you need to set your controls to custom then set controls like they are as default, but leave L1/LB blank, L2/LT blank and R2/RT blank. you will then hit L2/LT to start combo after barrels explosion hit L1/LB.. you will have to do the Break burst cancel yourself then press R2/RT and preform the final move yourself..It is still fairly hard to do even with all the assists. If anyone has better to offer please do so otherwise this is all I have regarding Phase 4 combo challenge 20. Lastly when you hit to reset position phase 4 will attack a few times. just ignore and wait until shes done then use the the LT as normal. Good luch preforming the last chifu.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

I was able to do all combos with some trial and error, but Elliot's and Phase 4 were the hardest for me....

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

thanks for you help. it turn out great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast