Topic: Devil May Cry 5 - Nero's Exceeds (PC)

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Devil May Cry 5 - Nero's Exceeds (PC)

Ok here's a little odd script from me that's a bit off my usual stuff... Its an attempt/sorta WIP as I don't really know how useful it will be so, try it out if you like.

I've basically attempted to package in Nero's Red Queen Exceed triggers with the correct timing for his 4 basic combo strings as anyone can tell you trying to memorise the timings manually to tap L2 is a bit annoying after each hit. This script will basically automatically hit L2 for you along with performing the entire attack string so you get max possible damage from the Exceed. Probably not too useful on PC as there's trainers and such and you can give yourself permanent Infinite Exceed which renders this script moot, but for anyone playing on console or anyone who wants to pretend to look like they actually know how to play Nero properly, I guess this is for you :P

To use, HOLD down R2 and tap any of the face buttons OR hold L2 for an Air Combo (use when you're in the air manually, it will not jump for you)

R2+Square = Red Queen Combo A
    R2+Triangle = Red Queen Combo C
    R2+Cross = Red Queen Combo B
    R2+Circle = Red Queen Combo D

NOTE: Combo B is somewhat inconsistent due to the fact well, this isn't a fighting game and the engine does not pick up single inputs well for a 'mash this button' combo. You can normally get up to 9 ground slams total before the final hit, but when trying to insert the Exceeds between each hit I ran into issues trying to make the engine even pick up hits 8 and 9 so... eh, you'll have to deal without em. If anyone can find a way to script this move more efficiently, let me know.

This script was made on PC, for the PC version running at a locked 60fps and vsync off as I use G-Sync... YMMdefinitelywillV on console.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

GamePack Developer

User Info Menu

Re: Devil May Cry 5 - Nero's Exceeds (PC)

Nice work. I always wanted to see someone use the fighting script manipulator for something other than fighting platforms. Cudos!

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

TBH you can use the script manipulator format for anything... the only real difference is the amount of bytespace it gives you IMO. At least that's the reason I use the format... the normal GPC format is far too bytespace limited.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

This is excellent, i make something similar in DMC4 some years ago for the same exceed, hope i can get the game soon, thanks.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

It works well on PC, excellent work man. I love your scripts

SILVER I

User Info Menu

It works well on ps4. Thanks!

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

It gets wonky after unlocking the Devil Bringer

SILVER III

User Info Menu

very nice
    can you make this for dante and v ??? plzzz
    tnx again

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post
    Ok here's a little odd script from me that's a bit off my usual stuff... Its an attempt/sorta WIP as I don't really know how useful it will be so, try it out if you like.

I've basically attempted to package in Nero's Red Queen Exceed triggers with the correct timing for his 4 basic combo strings as anyone can tell you trying to memorise the timings manually to tap L2 is a bit annoying after each hit. This script will basically automatically hit L2 for you along with performing the entire attack string so you get max possible damage from the Exceed. Probably not too useful on PC as there's trainers and such and you can give yourself permanent Infinite Exceed which renders this script moot, but for anyone playing on console or anyone who wants to pretend to look like they actually know how to play Nero properly, I guess this is for you :P

To use, HOLD down R2 and tap any of the face buttons OR hold L2 for an Air Combo (use when you're in the air manually, it will not jump for you)

R2+Square = Red Queen Combo A
    R2+Triangle = Red Queen Combo C
    R2+Cross = Red Queen Combo B
    R2+Circle = Red Queen Combo D

NOTE: Combo B is somewhat inconsistent due to the fact well, this isn't a fighting game and the engine does not pick up single inputs well for a 'mash this button' combo. You can normally get up to 9 ground slams total before the final hit, but when trying to insert the Exceeds between each hit I ran into issues trying to make the engine even pick up hits 8 and 9 so... eh, you'll have to deal without em. If anyone can find a way to script this move more efficiently, let me know.

This script was made on PC, for the PC version running at a locked 60fps and vsync off as I use G-Sync... YMMdefinitelywillV on console.

very nice
    can you make this for dante and v ??? plzzz
    tnx again

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonling View Post
    It gets wonky after unlocking the Devil Bringer
    Which... I didn't even find out until the very end. So now here's the problem... after unlocking DT/DB there is literally NO UNUSED BUTTON LEFT on the pad which can be used for activation. Unlike a fighting game we can't use the analogs either...

So... how/where do I put the activations?... Thoughts?

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Which... I didn't even find out until the very end. So now here's the problem... after unlocking DT/DB there is literally NO UNUSED BUTTON LEFT on the pad which can be used for activation. Unlike a fighting game we can't use the analogs either...

I don't play the game so I'm not sure of the mechanics but you might be able to setup a toggle that is activated by clicking one of the sticks (if that doesn't interfere with the game). You can use the LED lights to track which set of combos are active.

I can't test this right now but it would look something like this - LED Red would be the default combos (A-D), clicking R3 LED would change to Blue and 4 new combos (E -H) would be set. Clicking R3 would toggle back and forth.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    I don't play the game so I'm not sure of the mechanics but you might be able to setup a toggle that is activated by clicking one of the sticks (if that doesn't interfere with the game). You can use the LED lights to track which set of combos are active.

I can't test this right now but it would look something like this - LED Red would be the default combos (A-D), clicking R3 LED would change to Blue and 4 new combos (E -H) would be set. Clicking R3 would toggle back and forth.

That won't work I'm afraid. Trust me when I say literally NO BUTTON is unused. That includes L3 and R3 as well... R3 centers the cam and L3 is 'path sensor'.

This is the first time I've run into a situation where absolutely literally everything on the controller is in use. All I needed was one button in the way I initially did it... and for a vanilla New Game, R2 is unused right up until the very very end so I could use that as the activator in the way I did.

But after you clear once, Nero's DT is unlocked and there literally is nothing else available.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

why you didn't answer my question ?? (

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maziar View Post
    why you didn't answer my question ?? (
    Because Dante and V does not have the Exceed mechanic...