Topic: Help with GPC Script to Data using Script Manipulator

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Help with GPC Script to Data using Script Manipulator

Hello all, First i want to thank Excalibur for the script manipulator application, and the whole CronusMax staff for their amazing product and forum.

I would like to get help with a simple gpc script i converted into data,

First heres the original script (below) all this script does is simply when LT is pressed the combo activates and move left on the d pad then right on the dpad over and over in a loop until LT is pressed again stopping the program.

GPC converted to data below: Now when i switched it to Data it worked with making the R3(LT) button the activation button but the problem i ran into was that now to activate the script and keep it going i have to HOLD R3 the entire time rather than just pressing it and it continues to loop until i hit R3 (LT) again which should stop it.

My question is how do i fix this problem, i would like to be able to hit R3 and the program loops forever until i hit R3 to stop it. If im not mistaken it has something to do with this part of the data script
    // EDIT THIS PART OF SCRIPT for combo run ---------------------------
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // hold RS / R3
    if (get_val (5)) { //Fatality 2
    i = get_combo_index(LFRT);
    }
    // end editing here --------------------------------------------------------------------
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    }// <combo activation> end
    }//<main> block end

Thanks i hope i gave enough information on what i need this script to do.

P.S This is just a placement script for a much larger scrip that i am writing which exceeding bytes thats why im switching to data in the first place

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Re: Help with GPC Script to Data using Script Manipulator

Quote Originally Posted by OGxSuave View Post
    Hello all, First i want to thank Excalibur for the script manipulator application, and the whole CronusMax staff for their amazing product and forum.

I would like to get help with a simple gpc script i converted into data,

First heres the original script (below) all this script does is simply when LT is pressed the combo activates and move left on the d pad then right on the dpad over and over in a loop until LT is pressed again stopping the program.

Thanks i hope i gave enough information on what i need this script to do.

P.S This is just a placement script for a much larger scrip that i am writing which exceeding bytes thats why im switching to data in the first place
    The original thought behind this approach for fighting games was to use the Left and Right Sticks to start and stop combos. The Right Stick could be used for up to 5 combos (Up, Down, Left, Right and Click) as well as the Left. The combos would continue to loop as long as the sticks were held in that position. Like so for your combo....it will run and loop as long as you hold the Right Stick to the right.

To do what you're wanting to do (Tap R3 and have to combo run until you tap R3 again) would require a toggle. You would have to have an on/off toggle for each combo. Also the script would have to be slightly modified like so....

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Help with GPC Script to Data using Script Manipulator

Hello Batts, thanks for your help on the simple script. I got it to work with incorporating the toggle you provided me. Now i have moved on to the intended program.
    Heres the program:

Heres that same program in data():

Im am trying to use this program to navigate through a game menu using A button then waiting 39 seconds to hit the b button and so forth, my problem is when i hit the R3 to start the program, it repeatedly presses the A button over and over, it never goes to the next part which is the b button.

judging from these errors i am getting (below)

Code:
    ------ GPC: Build started ------
    5: New*
    WARNING: The value (2000) of the data entry found on line 38 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (1900) of the data entry found on line 39 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (1600) of the data entry found on line 63 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (300) of the data entry found on line 65 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (500) of the data entry found on line 82 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (3000) of the data entry found on line 126 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (3000) of the data entry found on line 129 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (3000) of the data entry found on line 130 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    WARNING: The value (300) of the data entry found on line 136 column 2 is 16-bit, this causes the indexes to be slightly off after this point (+1)
    Compilation completed with 9 warning(s)
    Total byte size: 1253 bytes (30.59%)
    Total variables used: 23 of which 6 are dedicated to combos (20.54%)
    Would this be the problem? are these values to big for Data()?

Tags for this Topic