Topic: Hope the mod dont ban me.This smarttara person have messed up the forum read why

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Hope the mod dont ban me.This smarttara person have messed up the forum read why

That person is selling scripts some place else for 20 bucks.
    I believe many are stolen from here and posted else where for profit scam.I believe many of the guys that was writing scripts in the pass believe the same
    So they do not post their scripts here anymore. I believe we all know who that person maybe scamming people.
    Maybe its time to put up, some kind of Warning about do not buy any scripts when you can get them for free by checking these forums, so people don't get scammed and to Save this forum and your product.
    Thanks

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Hope the mod dont ban me.This smarttara person have messed up the forum read why

Quote Originally Posted by cleveakabig View Post
    That person is selling scripts some place else for 20 bucks.
    I believe many are stolen from here and posted else where for profit scam.I believe many of the guys that was writing scripts in the pass believe the same
    So they do not post their scripts here anymore. I believe we all know who that person maybe scamming people.
    Maybe its time to put up, some kind of Warning about do not buy any scripts when you can get them for free by checking these forums, so people don't get scammed and to Save this forum and your product.
    Thanks
    Do you have any proof or anything? And who is "that person"

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: Hope the mod dont ban me.This smarttara person have messed up the forum read why

heres link

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cleveakabig View Post
    heres link
    Please don't share the links i am not asking what forum or place he is selling them at i am asking who is the person on this forum and does he have anything shared to hes selling site from this forum?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

im sorry man i will pm you his name i may be wrong about him

MASTER GUARDIAN I

User Info Menu

They have warnings on this forum already. People will still sell them, just need to be smart not to buy them.

My PERSONAL opinion, if they put the time and effort and ask for a bit then whatever. Just takes one person to buy it and leak it out to the rest of us but I get it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dricon For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dricon View Post
    They have warnings on this forum already. People will still sell them, just need to be smart not to buy them.

My PERSONAL opinion, if they put the time and effort and ask for a bit then whatever. Just takes one person to buy it and leak it out to the rest of us but I get it.
    Which is what I did with Jax/Jade.

I'm not buying from him anymore tho. I only got those from him bc there were 2 blank requests for them in the forums and I wanted everyone to have 'em.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForeverRenegade For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRenegade View Post

I'm not buying from him anymore tho. I only got those from him bc there were 2 blank requests for them in the forums and I wanted everyone to have 'em.
    Honestly I agree with you on not buying from him, most of his work is subpar to the scripts here that are FREE.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poisonling For This Useful Post:

MASTER GUARDIAN I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRenegade View Post

I appreciate that, I used them lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dricon For This Useful Post:

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dricon View Post
    I appreciate that, I used them lol.
    Who we talking about and are they active on here?

MASTER GUARDIAN I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    Who we talking about and are they active on here?
    Not sure the persons name on the forum.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dricon For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

I've suspected for a while that scripts from here were being resold elsewhere. Not only that... since they are in an openly easily copyable/modifiable format, they copy the data they need and pack it into some sort of data file so it can't be re-opened and post it for use on a certain competitor's product.

This is why I've asked previously as well if there is some sort of a way to obfuscate or otherwise post content in a format that cannot be modified so it can't be stolen.

For example if the mods here could share the gamepack maker WITHOUT the decompiler, just a MAKER only, that would be ideal.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post
    I've suspected for a while that scripts from here were being resold elsewhere. Not only that... since they are in an openly easily copyable/modifiable format, they copy the data they need and pack it into some sort of data file so it can't be re-opened and post it for use on a certain competitor's product.

This is why I've asked previously as well if there is some sort of a way to obfuscate or otherwise post content in a format that cannot be modified so it can't be stolen.

For example if the mods here could share the gamepack maker WITHOUT the decompiler, just a MAKER only, that would be ideal.
    All I can say is this is ALL about to change....CronusMax is going to rock your world!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    All I can say is this is ALL about to change....CronusMax is going to rock your world!
    Oo, new hardware? Or new software?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KS212 For This Useful Post:

MASTER GUARDIAN I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KS212 View Post

Hope this gets implemented in the next generation.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dricon For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

If it's hardware, do current cronus users get a discount? Kappa

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonling View Post
    If it's hardware, do current cronus users get a discount? Kappa
    The "Cronus" has said to been in development for months now and apparently they have been working on it for around 2 years so far. There's not much information on it yet but you can expect all the big requested features to be on it as well as the new software for the CronusMAX.
    I just hope they impress me (us).

I feel like you wouldn't get a discount but you never know.

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fadexz View Post
    The "Cronus 2" has said to been in development for months now and apparently they have been working on it for around 2 years so far. There's not much information on it yet but you can expect all the big requested features to be on it as well as the new software for the CronusMAX.
    I just hope they impress me (us).

I feel like you wouldn't get a discount but you never know.
    there has to be an easier way to make scripts

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I mean he has a youtube account,(I'm sure if someone explained to youtube the possible copyright (if the script was copyrighted) infringement going on and thus get info) that is if it gets out of hand . Don't quote me on that as I'm not a lawyer nor a copyright expert. I'm just tossing out ideas as I'm just bummed out someone would stoop this low.

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Interesting developments....

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

--mod edit--

no advertising for those that sell scripts

30. The Following User Says Thank You to haxor For This Useful Post:

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by haxor View Post
    --mod edit--
    You're entitled to your opinion but we do not endorse or condone the selling of scripts. We've stated in multiple places and multiple times our reasons. I edited your post because it came off as an endorse of the practice and advertising for those that do.

You're free to spend your money as you like but I would suggest you follow the forum rules.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by madmax4 View Post
    there has to be an easier way to make scripts
    It's already fairly easy you just got to want to learn.
    Every script is basically just a bunch of simple actions but you add more and more and it gets bigger.

Rapid Fire:

Easy as that, just slightly different for different things you want to do. You can always use the Visual Scripting but I reckon it's more difficult as it can be limiting.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Fadexz For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketx View Post
    I mean he has a youtube account,(I'm sure if someone explained to youtube the possible copyright (if the script was copyrighted) infringement going on and thus get info) that is if it gets out of hand . Don't quote me on that as I'm not a lawyer nor a copyright expert. I'm just tossing out ideas as I'm just bummed out someone would stoop this low.
    I don't think script are or can be copyrighted at least to a certain amount of uniqueness. (that's actually a word)

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Yeah it'll be pretty damn hard to actually register (and get approved) a copyright for scripts, heh. And even if you DO succeed in such a thing it'd open a MASSIVE can of worms as ppl will then start copyrighting trigger code/activation code, etc. The moment you bring this level of shit into anything it'll pretty much destroy any community built around sharing.

The ideal compromise is simply to have some sort of method for script creators to encrypt scripts into a file and then just share the file. It can be used 'as is' and shared around but it can't be modified... and the script owner can easily tell if its theirs if they're smart about it by inserting little things that generally don't get noticed.