Hello,

I produce tutorial videos on Youtube that have to do with old school video game controllers, and I have plans to do a presentation (the channel is "Wired-Up Retro") on getting the Namco NeGcon steering controller (a compact PS One gamepad that twists in the center) fully working to play Playstation 3 and 4 games. This was a rather popular controller to play racing games like Ridge Racer and Wipeout with back in the mid and late-90s, and there are still a good number of fans who would like to use it to play the PS3 and PS4 racing games- including the latest Wipeout and Gran Turismo games.

I have managed to use the Cronusmax Plus to play a good number of Playstation 3 racing games by connecting to a PC (a very old laptop that I have) and using Direct Input along with X-aim plug-in within a PC running the Cronusmax Pro software. The method I'm using is to plug my NeGcon into an old RadioShack "PSX->USB" adapter that goes into my laptop's USB port. Then I plug into my PC's second USB port a USB to miniUSB cord and connect that to the program port of my Cronusmax Plus that then gets plugged into my PS3. I get about a third of a second lag by using this method, and I wonder if it has to do with the 2007 laptop that I'm using... or maybe it's just normal when setting things up like this.

Anyway, I want my viewers to have a way to play their PS3 and PS4 racing games without having to use a laptop as a passthrough via Direct Input working in CronusMax Pro running X-aim (not only to reduce the complexity, but also to hopefully cut the lag down a bit more). I have tried the following method to see if it works: NeGcon to RadioShack PSX->USB adapter to CronusMax Plus to PS3. Unfortunately, there are issues that have to do with how specific controller functions are mapped to specific buttons on the NeGcon controller when it's connected to my PS3.

To solve problems, I need a button remapper GPC script that does the following:

1) Remap what the PS3 sees as the Dual Shock 3 L2 and R2 buttons to what the controller would put out as the Dual Shock 3's left analog stick Down and Up directionals- L2 mapped to Down, and R2 being mapped to Up (thus making the PS3 no longer see the L2 or the R2 buttons of a regular Dual Shock 3 controller as L2 and R2 anymore).

2) Remap what the PS3 sees as the Dual Shock 3 Select button to what the controller would put out as the Dual Shock 3's right analog stick's horizontal left or right directionals. (thus making the PS3 no longer see the right stick horizontal movement of a regular Dual Shock 3 controller as right stick horizontal movement anymore).

3) Remap what the PS3 sees as the Dual Shock 3 Circle button to what the controller would put out as the Dual Shock 3 L2 button.

If someone could help me out with this script, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I try this script and notice any further issues, I am hoping that you'd be willing to help out with adjustments...

There's one more question that I have. Does the Cronusmax Plus allow for simultaneously pressing of 2 buttons input? In other words, if I want to get the PS3 to recognize a triangle press when the controller's D-pad is pressed up at the same time the square button is pressed, could that be done? If so, please include that in the script. Thanks much!

Be assured, I will give credit to anyone who lends a hand with this!

*Edited this evening (7/22/2019) for the purpose of correcting errors I had made with the original posting earlier today concerning specific button substitutions.*