Topic: Need a bit of help adding an UP/DOWN function to Excalibur's data template

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Need a bit of help adding an UP/DOWN function to Excalibur's data template

This may be easy for some of the programmer wizards here but its doing my head in. I'm trying to make combos for Season 3 and some of these require a sidestep. I need the sidestep direction to flip UP/DOWN depending on LEFT and RIGHT.

For example, if FORWARD = RIGHT and BACK = LEFT, I need a variable SIDESTEP = UP. If vice versa, SIDESTEP = DOWN. I know how to do this in GPC, like so:

But I need this added to Excalibur's data template format which isn't quite as simple... Can anyone help with this?

Preferably add it to the template below:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: Need a bit of help adding an UP/DOWN function to Excalibur's data template

Here you go:

just put SSR or SSL in the combo data in place of UP/DOWN wherever the sidestep happens.

In case anyone's wondering how to do this, first add these lines to the definitions section at the top:

define SSR = 130; // SSR FLAG
    define SSL = 131; // SSL FLAG
    Then add ssr and ssl variables to the int section and the side switcher (new lines are bolded):

int i = -1, b, v;int back = LEFT, forward = RIGHT, ssleft = UP;
    int button_1, button_2, button_3, button_4, button_5;
    int wait_time;
    int delay_t;
    int RUMBLE_TYPE=RUMBLE_A;
    int cancel;
    int EndOfCombo;
    int CanStart;
    int SWITCH;
    int double_click;
    int time_limit = 200;
    int greenlight;
    int ChainStart;
    int ssr = DOWN, ssl = UP;

//Unmap buttons you want to use in combos, like L1 L2 etc if they're not unmappable in game
    unmap PS4_LX
    unmap PS4_LY
    //unmap PS4_RX
    //unmap PS4_RY
    unmap PS4_L1
    unmap PS4_L2
    //unmap PS4_R1
    //unmap PS4_R2

main {

//Back and forward/side switch determination block. Edit this to change preferred side switch method
    //Comment out only ONE block! Never have multiple active!
    //==================================================================================================
    //----Use PS4 Touchpad Left or Right side----
    if(get_val(PS4_TOUCHX) <= -70) {
    back = LEFT; forward = RIGHT;
    ssr = DOWN; ssl = UP;
    } else if(get_val(PS4_TOUCHX) >= 70) {
    back = RIGHT; forward = LEFT;
    ssr = UP; ssl = DOWN;
    }
    if(get_val(PS4_TOUCHX) >= 70) {
    SWITCH = TRUE;
    } else if(get_val(PS4_TOUCHX) <= -70) {
    SWITCH = FALSE;
    }
    then change the convert_back_forward function at the bottom to look like this (new lines bolded):
    function convert_back_forward(button) {
    if(button == FORWARD) {
    return(forward);
    } else if(button == BACK) {
    return(back);
    }
    if(button == SSR) {
    return(ssr);
    } else if(button == SSL) {
    return(ssl);
    }
    return(button);
    }
    }
    i put test combos on RS up and down so you can test it. RS up should do a jab then sidestep right. RS down should do a jab then sidestep left.

PS: will this be for Zafina? If so I might not make anything for her.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justframe For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justframe View Post
    Here you go:
    Buddy you are the man! Thanks. This'll actually let me finally try to script some of the combos that require a specific direction sidestep. Some of Kazuya's new S3 shit is an example.

Also yes I am making a Zafina script, just putting finishing touches on it. Fortunately she doesn't have any sidestep centric stuff... yet anyway.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

can we expect a zafina script from one of you guys today? would be nice

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Most likely tomorrow or day after, I'm having trouble with one stupid link being inconsistent and I have a rather nasty idea for some not-exactly-combo mixup shit that I want to try to implement.