Topic: General tips for SFV script on the purpose of online game play

SILVER III

User Info Menu

General tips for SFV script on the purpose of online game play

Recently, I'm try to work out some script to simplified operation for online game play, and found some thing interesting.

However the minimal input duration should be 11ms in off line mode,(any input duration less than 11 may occasionally lost), the input duration for online game play is totally depend on your network condition,
    since the SFV implement rollback netcode with frame skip feature, certain frame been skipped depend on lag between you and your opponent, consequently input in certain frame also skipped, so that mean if your manager you script with all input duration just in11ms(less than 1 frame - 16.666ms), it will not work during online play since you can not guarantee 0 frame skip.

Use 'wait(21)' instead of 'wait(11)', increase the number depend on your network, the wait(11) always cause the input lost even in 5 star signals status.

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

Re: General tips for SFV script on the purpose of online game play

In general, any fighting game ever anywhere, you should never use less than 20ms.

Most engines outright ignore or drop any input with a shorter delay. A normal human button press at 'normal' press is generally 70-80ms. A 'fast' press is around 50ms. Fighting game engines are designed for human levels of input, so you should by rights be able to script absolutely anything using 50ms delays for input presses. I personally use 50ms for every button press input.

Input DELAYS is another thing, here you can go lower than 50ms, but never ever under 20ms. A lot of times if your combo is dropping, its not because you're not entering the inputs fast enough, its most likely you don't know the 'trick' to it.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Re: General tips for SFV script on the purpose of online game play

That convince-able, but I'm providing more accuracy test result

1. According to my test, 11ms is minimal require since the cycle of main is 10ms, in offline mode, the input is never lose.

2. Online play depending on netcode implementation. I have compare SFV and TK7, this 2 games implemet completely different net code, the SFV is rollback based, TK7 is delay base, for TK7, 11ms is almost no problem, since is barely skipping frame, but for SFV, the input lose if frame skipping during the timing of input occur. I test it with forward dash motion, the interval is set to 11ms