Topic: CronusMax & XBOX One: how to use your 3.5mm headset for gameplay chat! (No Win10! No Party!)

SILVER I

User Info Menu

CronusMax & XBOX One: how to use your 3.5mm headset for gameplay chat! (No Win10! No Party!)

I think there are instructions around here or on the Internet somewhere as I came across it at one point.
    Haven't done it for a while, and I now I couldn't find the instructions.
    Had to figure it out on my own this time - so I thought I would post the instructions here for all to enjoy.
    Using these instructions will allow you to use your 3.5mm headset on your XBOX One while using your PS4 controller for gameplay through CronusMax

You will need:
    CronusMax programmed from your computer to be used with a PS4 controller on your XBox One
    2 XBOX One Controllers with Batteries removed (Yes you need 2)
    1 USB Cable (or 2 if you are connecting your PS4 controller via USB through CronusMax)
    1 Bluetooth adapter to sync your PS4 up wirelessly (If you are not using a 2nd USB cable. This is the method I am using here)

PreReq) Not going to include instructions for this, but make sure your CronusMax is programmed to work as a PS4 controller.
    1) Plug in a XBox One controller into the back port via USB, plug 3.5mm headset in through that controller.
    2) Turn on XBox One and log into your account
    3) Unplug the USB cable from the XBox and the Controller
    4) Plug in the CronusMax in either the side USB or the other back USB on the XBOX One
    5) Using the USB cable, plug in your 2nd XBox One Controller through the CronusMax and look for the '0' on the display to say it has grabbed info from the XB1 controller.
    6) Unplug the USB cable & 2nd Xbox Controller. Plug in the bluetooth adapter to the Cronus Max. (Or USB Attached PS4, if you are not using bluetooth)
    7) Hold the SHARE and PS button to start bluetooth syncing and it should pair with the bluetooth usb in the CronusMax. (You don't need to do this if you are attaching your PS4 controller to CronusMax with a 2nd USB Cable.)
    8) Verify you can navigate the menus on the XBox One with the PS4 Controller.
    9) ReAttach the USB cable to the 1st XBox controller you used (The one with the headset plugged in) and plug it back into the XBox One in the back.
    10) You should now be able to use the PS4 controller to navigate, and hear the sounds from the headset. You do NOT have to Join a Party and can use the headset for normal in-game chat.

Note: If you want to adjust main xbox one volumes on the headset.. do not use the PS4 controller. Use the XBox One Controller that has the headset plugged in... Navigate to SYSTEM and then AUDIO to adjust sounds/volume.
    Interesting fact... If you use the PS4 Controller to try to adjust the volume, you will find that there are not any AUDIO settings found under SYSTEM. So be sure to use the XBox One Controller for any volume adjustments.

This looks like a LOT to do.. but once you have done it once or twice.. It takes about 30 seconds of your time.. and is worth it if you want to use the PS4 controller w/headset on the XBox One!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgrams2000 For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMax & XBOX One: how to use your 3.5mm headset for gameplay chat! (No Win10! No Party!)

Quote Originally Posted by dgrams2000 View Post
    I think there are instructions around here or on the Internet somewhere as I came across it at one point.
    These instructions? https://cronusmax.com/manual/compati..._solutions.htm

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: CronusMax & XBOX One: how to use your 3.5mm headset for gameplay chat! (No Win10! No Party!)

Quote Originally Posted by MaxADMIN View Post
    Kind of.
    The 2-controller instructions there kind of... suck.
    It's a good starting place to get it going - and maybe that is where I first learned of it.
    But they don't really mention a lot of things.. like that it is for 3.5mm connections, detailed order of things, etc...