Topic: XIM + Cronusmax

SILVER I

User Info Menu

XIM + Cronusmax

I have tried several different tips from these forums to get this setup to work but it just will not authenticate for me when having Xim Apex connected to the Cronusmax Plus and then connected to my Xbox one X. If I connect the CM with only the Xbox controller, it works. When using just Xim with controller, it works. I am not sure what I could be doing.

I have made sure my Xim firmware and CM firmware are up to date. I have went into the CM settings and tried setting to XB1 only and also Automatic. I have tried different USB connections on my xbox. I've even tried it on the regular Xbox one. I have tried different variations of connecting it such as CM only, then xim apex. I have tried hard reseting the Xbox. I don't know what else I would try to have this work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: XIM + Cronusmax

Quote Originally Posted by PHooLy View Post
    I have tried several different tips from these forums to get this setup to work but it just will not authenticate for me when having Xim Apex connected to the Cronusmax Plus and then connected to my Xbox one X. If I connect the CM with only the Xbox controller, it works. When using just Xim with controller, it works. I am not sure what I could be doing.

I have made sure my Xim firmware and CM firmware are up to date. I have went into the CM settings and tried setting to XB1 only and also Automatic. I have tried different USB connections on my xbox. I've even tried it on the regular Xbox one. I have tried different variations of connecting it such as CM only, then xim apex. I have tried hard reseting the Xbox. I don't know what else I would try to have this work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    First plug your controller into your CronusMAX PLUS to get it authenticated, then unplug the controller without turning off the CronusMAX PLUS and plug in the XIM Apex. You should have both dots on the CMP's display not visible.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for replying Fadexz! So, I tried that and that actually seemed to work as far as authenticating. Upon actually trying to use the keyboard and mouse, they both aren't working. The Xbox controller is still working though. The XIM starts blinking pink for a few seconds. Any thoughts?

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

ok listen up im using xim4 which is o'almost the same in matter of connectivty .

connect your controller to your xim

connect the power cable to ypur cronus and it will autheticate at least to mine this is how it works if it not work then u have to change your settings in yoyr cm options, autheticate put automatic let me know if still not work try to cahnge cable that connects your controller to your xim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kostas For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply Kostas! I am guessing I have a faulty CMP or I am simply being trolled. I have tried what you're suggesting. From everything I have read, it seems the XIM4 doesn't run into as many issues as the XIM Apex.

Things I have Tried -
    - Firstly, The XIM Apex with just Xbox controller works. The CMP with just Xbox controller works.
    - I have tried all variations below with hard resetting and turning the Xbox back on by using the button on the Xbox and I have also tried by turning the Xbox on with the controller.
    - Tried plugging everything together first. Keyboard/Mouse/Controler > Xim Hub > Xim Apex > CMP > Xbox.
    - Tried plugging CMP > Xbox then plugging Xim > CMP
    - Tried CMP > Xbox then only connecting controller > CMP to authenticate (worked) then removing controller to connect it to Xim then connecting xim to CMP. (Shows authenticated, but doesn't register Mouse/Keyboard)
    - Tried changing Output Protocol within Cronus Pro. Have tried Automatic, XB1, and even Xbox 360.
    - Tried differet "speed up settings" as suggested by other tutorials with Inframe Out on and tried off. Inframe In on and tried off.
    - Checked Cronus Pro updates. It is 1.21
    - Checked CMP firmware updates. It is 1.24
    - Checked My Xim Apex firmware. It is 20191217

Hopefully I haven't forgotten other things that I have tried, but I have tried lots of different tutorials that I have found on these forums. I have spent entirely too much time on this and I don't understand how some people are saying it works for them and most are just plug in and play types of tutorials. I am going to give it a couple of more days to see if anyone replies with something that may help but I am done researching it and will return in a few days. Maybe the new Cronus will work whenever it releases. Thanks!

GOLD NOVA IV

User Info Menu

why u using hub i dont use hub to my xim 4 i just plug the cm on my ps after i plug the power cable of xim on cm, behind xim 4 i plug the ps controller, it has to be off from settings on my console and i connect the mk on the right ports i dont understant why its no connecting yours . i have a bunch of friends the they using cm max with apex . i cant think something else and i cant really help u as i have xim 4 and no xim apex but it has to be the same on matter of connectivity so make no sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PHooLy View Post
    Thanks for the reply Kostas! I am guessing I have a faulty CMP or I am simply being trolled. I have tried what you're suggesting. From everything I have read, it seems the XIM4 doesn't run into as many issues as the XIM Apex.

Things I have Tried -
    - Firstly, The XIM Apex with just Xbox controller works. The CMP with just Xbox controller works.
    - I have tried all variations below with hard resetting and turning the Xbox back on by using the button on the Xbox and I have also tried by turning the Xbox on with the controller.
    - Tried plugging everything together first. Keyboard/Mouse/Controler > Xim Hub > Xim Apex > CMP > Xbox.
    - Tried plugging CMP > Xbox then plugging Xim > CMP
    - Tried CMP > Xbox then only connecting controller > CMP to authenticate (worked) then removing controller to connect it to Xim then connecting xim to CMP. (Shows authenticated, but doesn't register Mouse/Keyboard)
    - Tried changing Output Protocol within Cronus Pro. Have tried Automatic, XB1, and even Xbox 360.
    - Tried differet "speed up settings" as suggested by other tutorials with Inframe Out on and tried off. Inframe In on and tried off.
    - Checked Cronus Pro updates. It is 1.21
    - Checked CMP firmware updates. It is 1.24
    - Checked My Xim Apex firmware. It is 20191217

Hopefully I haven't forgotten other things that I have tried, but I have tried lots of different tutorials that I have found on these forums. I have spent entirely too much time on this and I don't understand how some people are saying it works for them and most are just plug in and play types of tutorials. I am going to give it a couple of more days to see if anyone replies with something that may help but I am done researching it and will return in a few days. Maybe the new Cronus will work whenever it releases. Thanks!

if u connect your apex direct with no cm its works u said right ?