Topic: Macros in Halo 5

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Question Macros in Halo 5

Hey Everyone,

I stumbled upon this product looking for a way to do button Macros in Halo 5. I do a lot of trick jumping in the game and I’m looking for a way to make a certain jump much easier on my hands. It requires a series of correctly timed button presses to achieve a great height:

jump -> land in crouch -> look down -> throw grenade -> release crouch -> press jump

would something like this be able to be assigned to a single button or two with the CronusMax using a macro? If so, is the above macro fairly simple to do?

Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.

-SomethinCool

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Re: Macros in Halo 5

Are you sure you are in the right section???

It's a "Pre-Sales Questions" ???

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Somethincool View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I stumbled upon this product looking for a way to do button Macros in Halo 5. I do a lot of trick jumping in the game and I’m looking for a way to make a certain jump much easier on my hands. It requires a series of correctly timed button presses to achieve a great height:

jump -> land in crouch -> look down -> throw grenade -> release crouch -> press jump

would something like this be able to be assigned to a single button or two with the CronusMax using a macro? If so, is the above macro fairly simple to do?

Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.

-SomethinCool
    Yes.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noozbar View Post
    Are you sure you are in the right section???

It's a "Pre-Sales Questions" ???
    Haven’t bought one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ItzSnack View Post
    Yes.
    Awesome! Is there a similar macro/script that I can look at for reference?

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Haven’t bought one yet.

Awesome! Is there a similar macro/script that I can look at for reference?
    There's many ways it can be done..
    Example:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ItzSnack View Post
    There's many ways it can be done..
    Mmmm, that looks fantastic and intuitive. I love it!

Found a used CronusMax on eBay, looking forward to playing with it when it arrives. Already started playing with some GPC

Another question regarding latency. I read a few reviews on Amazon that mentioned that there was noticeable latency when using the CronusMax compared to a wired controller; often inconsistent amounts as well. Is this the case? Any recommendations for avoiding this? I'd imagine it's more pronounced the larger your script files are?

Thanks again for the help!

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Found a used CronusMax on eBay, looking forward to playing with it when it arrives. Already started playing with some GPC

Another question regarding latency. I read a few reviews on Amazon that mentioned that there was noticeable latency when using the CronusMax compared to a wired controller; often inconsistent amounts as well. Is this the case? Any recommendations for avoiding this? I'd imagine it's more pronounced the larger your script files are?

There should be no noticeable input delay. The link below explains it in more depth
    troubleshooting

Support Staff

User Info Menu

The most delay you should receive is 10ms which is the default update interval of the CronusMAX PLUS, basically less than a frame.
    If you notice input delay then you should probably get a TV or monitor with less than 20ms delay rather than something like 100ms.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Lol