Topic: will cronus zen still work channeling mouse and keyboard through pc like cronusmax?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

will cronus zen still work channeling mouse and keyboard through pc like cronusmax?

i was reading about the new cronus Zen and looks like the mouse and keyboard will plug directly into the device. I was wondering if we would still be able to use it like the old device with X aim. I have to use my adaptive equipment stuff and I wanted to make sure the software would do the job since plugging it directly in wouldn't work in my situation. Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mike123 For This Useful Post:

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Re: will cronus zen still work channeling mouse and keyboard through pc like cronusmax?

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    i was reading about the new cronus Zen and looks like the mouse and keyboard will plug directly into the device. I was wondering if we would still be able to use it like the old device with X aim. I have to use my adaptive equipment stuff and I wanted to make sure the software would do the job since plugging it directly in wouldn't work in my situation. Thanks
    At the moment the mouse and keyboard must be plugged into Zen. There has been talk of adding a X-AIM like capture feature but whether/when that will happen....I don't know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: will cronus zen still work channeling mouse and keyboard through pc like cronusmax?

That's a bummer but hopefully they add it. Eventually I figured I would look into a PlayStation 5 when they came out but it looks like the current Cronus Max isnt going to support any new consoles so I'm going to have to find some alternative in the future. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed on zen. Thanks for the reply

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

That's a bummer but hopefully they add it. Eventually I figured I would look into a PlayStation 5 when they came out but it looks like the current Cronus Max isnt going to support any new consoles so I'm going to have to find some alternative in the future. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed on zen. Thanks for the reply
    Listen the next gen consoles aren't releasing anytime soon... I am sure the cronusmax will work fine on it your just exaggerating.... The zen on the other hand I hope will the be the competition killer for X-Aim and any other device out there especially for the price point.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cables View Post
    Listen the next gen consoles aren't releasing anytime soon... I am sure the cronusmax will work fine on it your just exaggerating.... The zen on the other hand I hope will the be the competition killer for X-Aim and any other device out there especially for the price point.
    new generation of consoles are expected out between October and December of this year. I had seen on these forums that the current Cronus Max memory was at full capacity and wouldn't receive any more updates. I have read it's possible the new console would be backwards compatible with the current controllers but if it's not I would figure the current device would require an update once they figure out how to program the controller with this device. That's why I was asking about Zen because it's the device that's most likely guaranteed to work when the time comes and I figured I would buy it now if the software allowed me to use it. I'm not quite sure what I'm exaggerating about. Also, X aim is a program for Cronus Max located in the software not a competitor. I'm not sure how you took offense by anything I said. Zen sounds like a very good deal but if Zen studio doesn't allow me to run the mouse and keyboard through my computer like the current device I would never be able to use it because my adaptive equipment wouldn't plug in the front. It has to run through the computer

Community Boss

User Info Menu

new generation of consoles are expected out between October and December of this year.
    That's most likely not gonna happen.

Removing the PC component from keyboard and Mouse is a major upgrade. We won't be going backwards to X-AIM, sorry.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

so am i reading this correctly you will no longer be able to hook up a k and m that you can run thru your pc usb in zen.
    to be honest its the only reason i bought the cronusmax.i hope i am just misunderstanding.if not I really hope you continue to support the cronusmax in the future.not sure how removing a feature is an upgrade ?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to guydodge For This Useful Post:

GOLD NOVA III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guydodge View Post
    so am i reading this correctly you will no longer be able to hook up a k and m that you can run thru your pc usb in zen.
    to be honest its the only reason i bought the cronusmax.i hope i am just misunderstanding.if not I really hope you continue to support the cronusmax in the future.not sure how removing a feature is an upgrade ?
    On the Cronus Zen website in the new features section at the bottom of the page it says "Connect a huge range of gaming Mice and Keyboards directly to your console with our new M&K engine. GamePacks are now fully supported." Sounds like they managed to eliminate the need for the computer, i am guessing that you will load the Zen with your scripts and gamepacks. Then plug the Zen into the console and plug your mouse and keyboard into the designated slots and than boom everything should work without the need of using the X-Aim plugin. That's what I am assuming. In life there is something called evolution companies / businesses always find new ways to re-invent a product they previously released for example let's look at TV's we went from 480p to 720p to 1080p to now 4K. Just put yourself in the creator's shoes of the CronusMax imagine you find a solution to make the device more user friendly for everyone, and on top of that you add more memory fixing all previous issues the older generation had. I am positive you would release it But anyways I am sure there will be plenty of support for the CronusMax it won't be completely phased out I am sure that some of the scripts and stuff will be backwards compatible with the Cronus Max so I wouldn't really worry to much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cables For This Useful Post:

SILVER ELITE MASTER

User Info Menu

Need this man....