Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: CRONUS ZEN FOR PC USE

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: CRONUS ZEN FOR PC USE

My mouse is supported according to the list they have, that isn't the issue. The issue is that the mouse DOES NOT RESPOND ON PC when connected through the ZEN. It's not that difficult to comprehend. Also this "I don't know the answer so check the manual response" doesn't cut it. The manual DOES NOT give the information we need or we wouldn't be here.

The manual only shows how to do a crossover using your mouse in place of a controller ON A CONSOLE. It does not specify how to use your mouse on a PC. We can use the ZEN on a PC to play games with a controller, however when you remove the controller and plug in the mouse, the mouse does NOT respond. There's only so many ways you can connect the mouse to the ZEN and the ZEN to the PC.

If it doesn't work it's because there's no proper instruction on how to get it working ON A PC. There's no reason why plugging the mouse into the zen then into the PC shouldn't work. It worked with the Titan One & Cronus Max. This one does not.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

what I am struggling with.. is that when I put in mouse and keyboard, but can’t seem to get the sensitivity quite right. Massive input lag and everything.. any possible ideas? Lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylordrift21 View Post
    Hey guys, so I see you have been struggling some what with M&K? What is it specifically you are struggling to understand? I will try help as much as possible.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Can someone make a video? I cannot get it to work either. I followed the directions and it does not read the m&k once I am in the game. Using the Zen to play MW on PC.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

So the question everyone is trying to ask is why the keyboard and mouse cant be used on the desktop when they are plugged into the Cronus Zen. The answer is you cant use your mouse and keyboard normally when they are plugged into the Cronus.

The Cronus Zen is making your computer think that your keyboard and mouse are an Xbox controller, meaning you cant use them to navigate on the desktop while they are plugged into the Zen. You have to plug them in so your Zen knows what they are, and then put them back into your pc how you would normally have them and set everything up. Once its all setup etc launch the game and plug them back into your Zen.

The manual does says its best to have a second keyboard and mouse to make things easier, however it DOES NOT explain this complication clearly and that is why its confusing people.

Hope this helps

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I finally got it to work in COD. It was terrible. Now I know why they do not recommend using the scripts with m&k. It made the recoil horrible, and the game was choppy.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=JulianDelToro;1236918]I finally got it to work in COD. It was terrible. Now I know why they do not recommend using the scripts with m&k. It made the recoil horrible, and the game was choppy.[/QUOTE

Great that you did it.������Can you explain how that works? Does the aimasist work like on PS or maybe better on K&M? Are the scripts good and which script do you recommend??Warzone pro or some other? I ordered cronuszen expect every day delivery������.Can you tell me what the response mouse is, do you have a feeling that your ������mouse working over cronuszen or not? Does everything work smoothly or do you have a small onedelays.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I have been using my Xbox Series 2 to play on PC with the Zen, and all of a sudden it's not working anymore. My controller isn't recognized in Modern Warfare. I've had both USBs connected to the back and right side of the Zen and my XB controller connected to the left port on the front. Am I doing something wrong? When I go into Zen Studio it recognizes my controller, but in MW...nothing.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

I wonder if the programmers could whip up a suspend option for those playing M&K. Where if you press let's say the binding on Xbox Guide button it would suspend the emulation of the xbox controller to use your M&K like normal on a PC as a Toggle. So you can alt+tab or whatever needed instead of plugging in and out.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDelToro View Post
    I finally got it to work in COD. It was terrible. Now I know why they do not recommend using the scripts with m&k. It made the recoil horrible, and the game was choppy.
    Were you able to get a better setup going where it's not so choppy and bad? I just got my zen yesterday.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wittles View Post
    So the question everyone is trying to ask is why the keyboard and mouse cant be used on the desktop when they are plugged into the Cronus Zen. The answer is you cant use your mouse and keyboard normally when they are plugged into the Cronus.

The Cronus Zen is making your computer think that your keyboard and mouse are an Xbox controller, meaning you cant use them to navigate on the desktop while they are plugged into the Zen. You have to plug them in so your Zen knows what they are, and then put them back into your pc how you would normally have them and set everything up. Once its all setup etc launch the game and plug them back into your Zen.

The manual does says its best to have a second keyboard and mouse to make things easier, however it DOES NOT explain this complication clearly and that is why its confusing people.

Hope this helps
    Has anyone made a guide or video on doing this? I too need help playing only with keyboard and mouse on PC. Also don't have a 2nd set of mouse and keyboard...

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JerryAlvarez View Post
    Has anyone made a guide or video on doing this? I too need help playing only with keyboard and mouse on PC. Also don't have a 2nd set of mouse and keyboard...
    If you dont have a 2nd set then wait to plug in the M&K until you're in-game.

Before doing it in-game I would suggest plugging in the Keyboard into the zen first for using on Zen Studio and setting up your keybindings for whatever game you're gonna play then put Emulator Output Protocol to PC/Mobile then plug mouse into Zen and set keybinds. I left mostly everything set for the sensitivity etc besides the dead zone compensation. I put mine at 30 X and 40 Y.

To Navigate gamepacks you'll have to remember what keybinds are for Menu, view, Dpad, LB and RB.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paraflax View Post
    If you dont have a 2nd set then wait to plug in the M&K until you're in-game.

Before doing it in-game I would suggest plugging in the Keyboard into the zen first for using on Zen Studio and setting up your keybindings for whatever game you're gonna play then put Emulator Output Protocol to PC/Mobile then plug mouse into Zen and set keybinds. I left mostly everything set for the sensitivity etc besides the dead zone compensation. I put mine at 30 X and 40 Y.

To Navigate gamepacks you'll have to remember what keybinds are for Menu, view, Dpad, LB and RB.
    so i was able to kinda setup my cronus zen. I figured out how to install packs but they don't seem to be working?

Do i have to keep a mouse and keyboard plugged into the zen at all times also during playing? Cause don't get any response when plugged into zen. Although M&K plugin show mouse (logitech) and Xbox as the console.

I see the zen is lit green at all times and can switch profiles with the blue right button on the zen. But can't during gameplay. Again i don't have a second m&k

Also, how do I know my zen is "running" or "working" while im playing?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

so i was able to kinda setup my cronus zen. I figured out how to install packs but they don't seem to be working?

Do i have to keep a mouse and keyboard plugged into the zen at all times also during playing? Cause don't get any response when plugged into zen. Although M&K plugin show mouse (logitech) and Xbox as the console.

I see the zen is lit green at all times and can switch profiles with the blue right button on the zen. But can't during gameplay. Again i don't have a second m&k

Also, how do I know my zen is "running" or "working" while im playing?
    Okay bare with me I will try answering your questions. First, with only 1 set of M&K. I have mine with the back usb plugged into PC then the right usb plugged in. After I get in-game, I detached my M&K from my PC then plug them into the Zen.

Yes you will need to have the M&K attached to the Zen while playing.

The game packs are working 100% but those packs are made with console platform in mind not PC. So, with using a PC as your platform you will need to tune your settings. Which can be found in the manual, I highly suggest reading that, every fine print to understand how to setup the M&K because for example my MW sensitivity has to be at 20 (Insane) and DPI is 12000-16000 to match my preference for sensitivity and mouse polling rate at 1000. (In the online manual how to set that up on the mouse.)

You will have to set keybindings in the Zen Studio for navigation on the Zen. Example Q as LB or E as RB. Most menus use the Dpad so remember what you key bind. To edit the settings click on Plugins > M&K Settings or Alt+F4 as shortcut.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Okay bare with me I will try answering your questions. First, with only 1 set of M&K. I have mine with the back usb plugged into PC then the right usb plugged in. After I get in-game, I detached my M&K from my PC then plug them into the Zen.

Yes you will need to have the M&K attached to the Zen while playing.

The game packs are working 100% but those packs are made with console platform in mind not PC. So, with using a PC as your platform you will need to tune your settings. Which can be found in the manual, I highly suggest reading that, every fine print to understand how to setup the M&K because for example my MW sensitivity has to be at 20 (Insane) and DPI is 12000-16000 to match my preference for sensitivity and mouse polling rate at 1000. (In the online manual how to set that up on the mouse.)

You will have to set keybindings in the Zen Studio for navigation on the Zen. Example Q as LB or E as RB. Most menus use the Dpad so remember what you key bind. To edit the settings click on Plugins > M&K Settings or Alt+F4 as shortcut.
    ok, so luckily i found a old m&k i had stored away.

i did what you said:

1. plug in the rear zen usb into pc
    2. plug in right usb into pc
    3. my gaming m&k into front usb (left usb mouse - right usb keys)
    4. my PC gets my old m&k

The issue is still my gaming m&k plugged into the zen don't respond at all. Is there something in the settings im not doing right?

m&k plugin now shows, my logitch m&k plus console as xbox. all button assignments look good, just like I always play warzone with. On the device tab, Emulator Output Protocol is set to XBOX 360, Remote slot change is XBOX+Back

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

ok, so luckily i found a old m&k i had stored away.

i did what you said:

1. plug in the rear zen usb into pc
    2. plug in right usb into pc
    3. my gaming m&k into front usb (left usb mouse - right usb keys)
    4. my PC gets my old m&k

The issue is still my gaming m&k plugged into the zen don't respond at all. Is there something in the settings im not doing right?

m&k plugin now shows, my logitch m&k plus console as xbox. all button assignments look good, just like I always play warzone with. On the device tab, Emulator Output Protocol is set to XBOX 360, Remote slot change is XBOX+Back
    I have the Emulator Protocol at PC/Mobile and Disabled for Remote slot change. Having that second set is always just much smoother. Hopefully they'll make it easier with updates after the new consoles come out. Of you have second set now, Get out of game and Might want to unplug everything and restart it just to make sure then Plug from Back, Keyboard, Mouse then Right usb. Open Zen Studio set your protocol to PC/Mobile and with second set open MW. Make sure MW is set to controller in Settings in-game not on keyboard and see if it works.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

dang, still no response from the m&k in game. If we backup a bit, what is the first thing i gotta do with the zen. I did a firmware update first.

Then i booted with my ps4 (thinking i had to use a console...) Then read i didn't need a console OR a controller for the first time setup. And now I'm here, with an unresponsive m&k lol

although my 2nd set of m&k plugged into my pc work fine, except when i changed the in game options from m&k to controller.

I'd like to add that i can't map my m&k using the zen software plugin on my gaming m&k. It only lets me remap using my 2nd m&k plugged into my pc.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

dang, still no response from the m&k in game. If we backup a bit, what is the first thing i gotta do with the zen. I did a firmware update first.

Then i booted with my ps4 (thinking i had to use a console...) Then read i didn't need a console OR a controller for the first time setup. And now I'm here, with an unresponsive m&k lol

although my 2nd set of m&k plugged into my pc work fine, except when i changed the in game options from m&k to controller.

I'd like to add that i can't map my m&k using the zen software plugin on my gaming m&k. It only lets me remap using my 2nd m&k plugged into my pc.
    Is your M&K compatible with the zen? They have a list of compatible devices. I'm not sure where the issue lies if its unresponsive.

In Zen studio are you not able to bind a key by pressing on the KB while on the Zen?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Is your M&K compatible with the zen? They have a list of compatible devices. I'm not sure where the issue lies if its unresponsive.

In Zen studio are you not able to bind a key by pressing on the KB while on the Zen?
    hmm maybe, both are logitech, keyboard is G915 and my mouse is G502 Lightspeed.

And correct, while in zen studio i can't bind a key by pressing my gaming k&m connected to my zen (the logitech) although my old k&m connected to my pc can.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

hmm maybe, both are logitech, keyboard is G915 and my mouse is G502 Lightspeed.

And correct, while in zen studio i can't bind a key by pressing my gaming k&m connected to my zen (the logitech) although my old k&m connected to my pc can.
    I'm sorry, I am stumped. I didnt run into any problem like that. I did at one point keybind using my M&K from the PC and it worked for the M&K connected to the Zen, I dont understand why it wouldn't respond in-game. It's like the M&K isnt emulating. Does it say "Emulator running" next to Emulator Output Protocol? Mine does that when I have Zen Studio open while I'm playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12