User Info Menu

Re: PS4 Controller Randomly Turns Off - After firmware 2.0.5 update

Neither did I the first day I got it

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wicksie View Post
    Neither did I the first day I got it
    I've had mine over a year and used all the firmwares and still do not experience that, if it disconnects then the micro usb cable from controller to zen is faulty, and to get a new micro usb cable, do note they are some micro usb cables that just supports power and nothing else which will not work, try using a micro usb cable for a cellphone as it transmits data and power.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Theres nothing wrong with the cables, this is a problem with the zen or software, its happing to alot of people

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Theres nothing wrong with the cables, this is a problem with the zen or software, its happing to alot of people
    This topic was made last year, and the creator of the topic issues was resolved with a firmware update.

What is you studios software version?
    What zen firmware version?
    Do you have the controller wired to a1?
    What is the controller serial number? Is it a CUH-ZCT1 or CUH-ZCT2?
    Which usb port on the ps4 console are you using?
    Did you try another usb cable to zen and controller?
    Do you have the controller unpaired from the ps4?
    Are you turning the ps4 by the power button on the console?
    What are the exact steps you are doing so i can try to replicate the issue?
    Saying my controller worked for a few days and now disconnects is not much info so it can be replicated.
    I will need all that info so i can try to replicate what you are having. If i can not replicate the issue then it goes back to cable or user error.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

When I was saying it was working, I was meaning it was setup right as instructed. I tried different cables, hard reset and resinstalled the fw. The only one I am not sure is if I used the controller to turn on the ps4. So I have turned off the ps4, turned it on with the button, let it load up, then connect the zen to the controller and then plugged the zen into the front of my console (ps4). Is this the right method? I didnt realise I couldn't use the controller to turn off/on the ps4. Im sorry if I was vague, its just iv seen alot of people having this issue with the controller

Its an original ds4 ps4 controller plugged in all the time into a1

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

When I was saying it was working, I was meaning it was setup right as instructed. I tried different cables, hard reset and resinstalled the fw. The only one I am not sure is if I used the controller to turn on the ps4. So I have turned off the ps4, turned it on with the button, let it load up, then connect the zen to the controller and then plugged the zen into the front of my console (ps4). Is this the right method? I didnt realise I couldn't use the controller to turn off/on the ps4. Im sorry if I was vague, its just iv seen alot of people having this issue with the controller

Its an original ds4 ps4 controller plugged in all the time into a1
    Me personally i have my controller plugged into a1or a2 on zen and have my zen plugged into the console and then press the power button on the console, and no disconnections, but the way you did it can be done also. I never power on the console with the controller when its hooked into the zen.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Say I had, what should I do? Another hard reset and just make sure it doesn't get disconnected when the PlayStation is on?

Sometimes it will last 1h before disconnected (when I mean disconnected I mean the light is on but there is no respons on the playstation)

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Say I had, what should I do? Another hard reset and just make sure it doesn't get disconnected when the PlayStation is on?

Sometimes it will last 1h before disconnected (when I mean disconnected I mean the light is on but there is no respons on the playstation)
    My ps4 never turns off, the screen might dim but still stays on, I played for few hours this morning and then left it til now and my controller is still working in game and in-game menus, you can downgrade to 2.0.9 beta 40, then upgrade back to 2.0.9, also go into settings on the console, then to power save settings, and make sure set time until controllers turn off is set to Do Not Turn Off

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Ok I will give that a shot

When you put the zen into the computer, say to put an extra pack on to it, do you just pull the zen out of the consol or do you connect the computer to the zen while the zen is connected to the console and controller

Thats for your help, I was having a wee panic

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Ok I will give that a shot

When you put the zen into the computer, say to put an extra pack on to it, do you just pull the zen out of the consol or do you connect the computer to the zen while the zen is connected to the console and controller

Thats for your help, I was having a wee panic
    When I want to add a gamepack or a script I plug in the mini USB cable into the zen and to pc, I have a habit of wiping all slots and adding what I want, but you can unplug from console and add what you want and plug back into console.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Ok thank you very much, ill give that a try and give an update

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

So after hard reset, I updated the zen then connected it to my controller and plug into the consol, I had it on for a few hours using bbc iplayer etc was working fine, so I tried putting cold war zombies onto the zen and then had a game of zombies with the mod on, it only lasted 20 mins untill my character was stuck running forward as that was the last command I was giving on the controller when it stopped working, the blue light was still on the controller.

So I did another hard reset and this time i just put the warzone season 1 on it, I was able to have a game of plunder untill the controller cut out again after I was finished. Any ideas?

I'm going to try it again but using an old FW instead of the new one

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

So I tried 2.0.8 and after all is connected up and u turn my ps4 on. I press the P1 button to choose a script and the controller freezes straight after. Happened twice now

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

I tried again but installed the latest version again, and I was only able to use the controller once untill it stopped ( i press right on the playstation home screen to select a game)

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

I tried again with a new controller, same issue. Lasted about 20 mins then it did it 4 times in about 5 mins. Its unplayable... any ideas

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

I tried again with a new controller, same issue. Lasted about 20 mins then it did it 4 times in about 5 mins. Its unplayable... any ideas
    Really sounds like a bad cable, mine is still on and working properly, I still have mine wired to a1 and all works.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

I have tried a spare cable but no joy, I orded a new one just incase. Get it tomorrow

SILVER I

User Info Menu

PS4 PRO - with standard DS4 controller.
    Firmware - 2.0.9
    Software - 1.0.10

All up to date.

I’m having the same issue as many many others and I’m getting absolutely sick of it - the controller suddenly ‘dies’ or becomes unresponsive every 8-10 minutes whilst playing Warzone. Character just runs away on its own or sometimes in circles.

I have followed EVERYTHING by the letter to rectify the problem, tried both wired and Bluetooth but both the same. I’ve searched every possible thread on here and elsewhere for answers but it seems nobody can give a definitive solution.
    I’ve only had this Zen 2 weeks and I’ve noticed that others have mentioned this issue has happened to them after the latest Firmware update - is this the issue? If so is there a fix soon as Warzone is unplayable with this ongoing problem.
    I’ve spent good money on this (£120) and would expect it to be spot on at that money, but I’ve had nothing but hassle with it and will more than likely get my money back if no solution or reassurance that a fix is coming is given....... ANYBODY please help!

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyshutters View Post
    PS4 PRO - with standard DS4 controller.
    Firmware - 2.0.9
    Software - 1.0.10

All up to date.

I’m having the same issue as many many others and I’m getting absolutely sick of it - the controller suddenly ‘dies’ or becomes unresponsive every 8-10 minutes whilst playing Warzone. Character just runs away on its own or sometimes in circles.

I have followed EVERYTHING by the letter to rectify the problem, tried both wired and Bluetooth but both the same. I’ve searched every possible thread on here and elsewhere for answers but it seems nobody can give a definitive solution.
    I’ve only had this Zen 2 weeks and I’ve noticed that others have mentioned this issue has happened to them after the latest Firmware update - is this the issue? If so is there a fix soon as Warzone is unplayable with this ongoing problem.
    I’ve spent good money on this (£120) and would expect it to be spot on at that money, but I’ve had nothing but hassle with it and will more than likely get my money back if no solution or reassurance that a fix is coming is given....... ANYBODY please help!
    Read above

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12