Topic: games not detecting the mouse & keyboard plugged into cronus zen at all

SILVER I

User Info Menu

games not detecting the mouse & keyboard plugged into cronus zen at all

1. Warzone & Fortnite - the game doesn't detect the keyboard and mouse i'm using with my zen.
    2. Zen Studio Version - 1.04
    3. Zen Firmware Version - 2.0.7
    3. Platform - PC
    4. Mouse/Keyboard - Mouse Logitech G502 / Keyboard Chinese off-brand (model: PC244A)
    5. M&K Profile Used (provide the .bin) - attachment 1
    6. M&K Settings screenshots - attachment 2
    7. Mouse software settings - attachment 3
    8. In-Game Settings - attachment 4
    9. Mouse in A3, Keyboard in A2. Both micro and mini USBs attached to PC. The mouse and key are both getting power, as the LED lights are illuminating. I also attached my 'devices' tab in zen (attachment 5), because I'm unsure about some of it.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.PNG   3.PNG   5.PNG   4.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: bin 1.bin (240 Bytes, 2 views)

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Re: games not detecting the mouse & keyboard plugged into cronus zen at all

There is no problem with your mouse, the G502 is supported. However, it seems that your keyboard is not supported (have you noticed the question mark?).

Support Staff

User Info Menu

This has been answered many times, please use the search bar. Here is what the answered thread states:
    It is an issue with COD. The majority of the time I am able to get COD to recognize the Zen as a controller without having anything plugged into the Zen, but every now and then it wont recognize the Zen. For games on steam, this has never been an issue, steam games always let me use the Zen. What you could try is just plugging the Zen (both cables into your PC) before opening/signing in to battle net. Set your output protocol to either XBOX 360, or PC/Mobile. Open up your controlpanel's Game Controllers (press start, type "Game Controllers" and it should pop up) and make sure it can read the inputs from the keyboard that is plugged into your Zen. Here is a sample showing you what should happen: https://gyazo.com/330056f6829407a5a13c8d0804a6650f .. As you notice my Zen only has a keyboard plugged in, and in the device tab my emulator output protocol is set to XBOX 360 (VERY IMPORTANT). The device monitor shows inputs that coincide with what the PC's game controller inputs. If all this works then your PC is recognizing the Zen as a controller and therefore so should COD. Once you know that your PC recognizes the Zen as a controller, open battlenet, sign in, and open COD. Then see if it works. This also applies to using a mouse + keyboard on PC through the Zen.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    There is no problem with your mouse, the G502 is supported. However, it seems that your keyboard is not supported (have you noticed the question mark?).
    I actually am able to use the keyboard to access my gamepack menu, and the device manager recognizes inputs. I presume it being an offbrand keyboard is what's causing the ?, not compatibility issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoJay View Post
    This has been answered many times, please use the search bar. Here is what the answered thread states:
    It is an issue with COD. The majority of the time I am able to get COD to recognize the Zen as a controller without having anything plugged into the Zen, but every now and then it wont recognize the Zen. For games on steam, this has never been an issue, steam games always let me use the Zen. What you could try is just plugging the Zen (both cables into your PC) before opening/signing in to battle net. Set your output protocol to either XBOX 360, or PC/Mobile. Open up your controlpanel's Game Controllers (press start, type "Game Controllers" and it should pop up) and make sure it can read the inputs from the keyboard that is plugged into your Zen. Here is a sample showing you what should happen: https://gyazo.com/330056f6829407a5a13c8d0804a6650f .. As you notice my Zen only has a keyboard plugged in, and in the device tab my emulator output protocol is set to XBOX 360 (VERY IMPORTANT). The device monitor shows inputs that coincide with what the PC's game controller inputs. If all this works then your PC is recognizing the Zen as a controller and therefore so should COD. Once you know that your PC recognizes the Zen as a controller, open battlenet, sign in, and open COD. Then see if it works. This also applies to using a mouse + keyboard on PC through the Zen.
    Thanks a TON for the response. I've read nearly every post on this forum, watched every youtube video, joined several discords, and read every bit of collective minds official documentation I can find and have never seen anything regarding what to set my emulator output protocol to OR suggesting using the windows game controller panel. I understand these sorts of questions being annoying, but please understand that documentation for kbm pc configuration is 100% lacking.

It's now displaying an xbox 360 controller in my PC's game controller panel where it wasn't before (on auto). The keyboard inputs are being recognized, but COD (and Fortnite) don't detect a controller. However, I am able to use the keyboard to access my gamepack menu. I tried launching bnet and epic launcher after configuring, but it didn't help.
    Attachment 7633

UPDATE: I'm now getting inputs with my mouse and keyboard in windows game controllers panel and Zen studio device manager, but games still aren't detecting.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I FINALLY got the game to recognize the mouse and key as a controller! I plugged a borrowed xbox1 controller into the left port and also turned my mouse's polling rate up from 250 to 1000. I'm not sure what did the trick, but I'm a lot closer to being able to use the zen as intended. Now I just need to find a M&k settings layout for my g502. Currently, the mouse feels extremely choppy/jumpy and not smooth at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to burner For This Useful Post:

Support Staff

User Info Menu

What you should do is start with the default m&k profile (click the default game profile). Then set your mouse/keyboard button binds to how you like them. Export these settings so you have a base set of settings. Then test the settings in game, if you do not like the actual mouse tuning settings, adjust them (usually you should just try to adjust deadzone compensation, acceleration, and maybe sensitivity depending on your DPI).