Topic: Controller randomly stops responding

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Controller randomly stops responding

(PS4 - Cronus Zen - Scuf Vantage 2 - All latest firmware and software)

I have had intermittent problems with my controller suddenly not responding mid-game. It happens at random, yesterday it was happening almost every game and today I've been playing for 3 hours and it's only just happened for the first time.

The controller literally stops responding and whatever the most recent input that was made continues (I found myself running round in circles looking at the floor yesterday). If I unplug the controller and plug it back in, the PS4 detects that the controller has been unplugged and prompts me to reconnect. Once I reconnect half of the buttons work and the other half remain dead.

The only solution I have found that works is to flash the Cronus Zen and reinstall the Warzone Pro game pack, but the problem comes back.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Re: Controller randomly stops responding

Which port are you using to connect your controller to the Zen?

make sure you are following all of the steps here to connect your controller properly.
    https://guide.cronusmax.com/quick-st...ntroller-setup

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MajestikMøøse View Post
    Which port are you using to connect your controller to the Zen?

make sure you are following all of the steps here to connect your controller properly.
    https://guide.cronusmax.com/quick-st...ntroller-setup
    Thanks for taking the time to reply so quickly. I'm using A3 predominantly, though I have tried A2 as well. Since it's a Scuf controller, I'm assuming that is correct?

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Try using A1, I've found that it can get disconnected when there is no authenticating controller plugged in.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I've run into this issue as well. I have a Dualshock 4, version 2.

If I hit the reset buttom on the bottom of the Zen it starts working.

I have tried disconnecting the controller from everything and connecting it via BT to the Zen, as well as plugging the DS4 into the left side port of the Zen and the two front ports

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Ok, thanks, I'll try that more consistently and will report back. I've tried multiple cables to no avail so far.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Try using A1, I've found that it can get disconnected when there is no authenticating controller plugged in.
    Ok, thanks, I'll try that more consistently and will report back. I've tried multiple cables to no avail so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBondsofWZ View Post
    I've run into this issue as well. I have a Dualshock 4, version 2.

If I hit the reset buttom on the bottom of the Zen it starts working.

I have tried disconnecting the controller from everything and connecting it via BT to the Zen, as well as plugging the DS4 into the left side port of the Zen and the two front ports
    Sounds like we have a very similar problem, I've not tried the reset button, but will give it a go.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

I'm going to move this topic to the controllers Controllers / Headsets & Audio / Input Devices thread seeing as its not really warzone pro related.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Sadly, the random disconnect problem is still happening. Could it be a faulty unit?

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

Hi
    have you tried it wirelessly ?

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Yes, and get massive input delay.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I came to report the same problem. I’ve had this happen in every COD match I’ve tried so far. Standard PS4 controller, plugged into Zen. It’s basically unplayable at this point.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Same problem.