Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Give us the freedom to use the Zen alongside the XIM

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Re: Give us the freedom to use the Zen alongside the XIM

I had found a setting at 1ms with mouse at 10,000 dpi which was quite good, but there was some area where there was no fluidity, like a slowdown .... here I am going to start from zero. could I have more detail?

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aarone View Post
    I had found a setting at 1ms with mouse at 10,000 dpi which was quite good, but there was some area where there was no fluidity, like a slowdown .... here I am going to start from zero. could I have more detail?
    My dpi is normally between 10,000 & 12000 depending on the game. GLOZZ3N has been experimenting with large deadzone settings. Here's his rationale from Zen's Discord...

Make the deadzone as large as possible - this way there's less physical travel to reach the maximum output, reducing the amount of physical movement you need to do to reach a maximum thumbstick value.Since your minimum input value will always be what makes the character turn the slowest and your maximum is what makes it turn the fastest, and since we're emulating, I just say to start as close to the "finish" as possible, so that since there's less "distance" we need to travel, we also experience less in-game acceleration because we're not traveling as far to get to the end, as we are now having to cover less "thumbstick travel" when we move our mouse around.
    And when he says large he's talking about values around 75 or so. So that maybe something to give a try.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

ah I better understand that way. I thank you very much and I will redo the configuration by following your advice

SILVER III

User Info Menu

i tried, i can't find anything satisfactory, really i need help. it jerks diagonally, I'm in 10,000 dpi, 250hrtz mouse and zen, the sensations are very strange! who could help me. I meet the photos of my settings.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

i tried, i can't find anything satisfactory, really i need help. it jerks diagonally, I'm in 10,000 dpi, 250hrtz mouse and zen, the sensations are very strange! who could help me. I meet the photos of my settings.
    Which game and are you playing on console or PC?

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I tried to do this (big dead zone)
    the problem is the jerks in the diagonals, I can not settle the pb. I can not post a photo also to show you my settings.
    deadzone compasation: 55
    acceleration: 1.43 / 1.46
    sensitivity: 44
    hip to ads ratio: 49
    analogik size: 127
    smoothness: 30
    dpi: 10000
    hrtz: 250

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I play on Xbox Destiny 2 sorry

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

I play on Xbox Destiny 2 sorry
    Please tell me you're not running any type of script or GamePack while you're trying to find some setting that feel OK to you.....

Attachment 7997

I may tweak these from time to time depending on the game....but none of the values are very far from the defaults. Even smoothness....I had a conversation with one of the devs.....he was telling me that smoothness works in a completely different way that it has before. He said unless you have an extremely low dpi mouse....should be about the last setting you change.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    Please tell me you're not running any type of script or GamePack while you're trying to find some setting that feel OK to you.....

Attachment 7997

I may tweak these from time to time depending on the game....but none of the values are very far from the defaults. Even smoothness....I had a conversation with one of the devs.....he was telling me that smoothness works in a completely different way that it has before. He said unless you have an extremely low dpi mouse....should be about the last setting you change.
    if I tried to settle with the game pack of destiny 2 .... you will tell me that it should not be right ....

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

if I tried to settle with the game pack of destiny 2 .... you will tell me that it should not be right ....
    Read what I said here.... https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthr...96#post1236596

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I redid the setting, as I had done at the start when I had the Zen I show you, it is extremely fluid I am delighted!
    acceleration: x1.03 / y1.07
    sensitivity: 90 ads to hip: 30
    deadzone compensation: 55
    analog stickize: 142
    smoothness: 87
    dpi: 10,000
    1000hrtz: 1ms
    if someone tries to tell me what he thinks.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Now I've tried using a powered USB hub (5V 3A) as follows:

1. Setup:
    Mouse, Keyboard, Controller cabeled to XIM4 ->
    XIM4 plugged to the USB HUB ->
    USB HUB to the ZEN (A1- A3) ->
    ZEN to the rear port of the PS pro

Result: Zen cuts power to the USB HUB (little light on the ZEN usb hub turns off)

2. Setup
    XIM 4 plugged directly to the ZEN (tried A1-A3) ->
    ZEN plugged to the powered USB HUB ->
    Powered USB Hub to the rear port of the PS pro

Result: Zen cuts power to the XIM 4 (little light on the ZEN usb hub turns off)

It is very obvious, that the issue is with the ZEN's compatibility to the XIM.

I just dont understand what exactly makes ZEN cut the connection to the XIM4.

If somebody from the ZEN team could check this, would be great. Otherwise, I will need to return my ZEN and stick to the XIM only.

Best regards

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tzerony View Post
    Now I've tried using a powered USB hub (5V 3A) as follows:

1. Setup:
    XIM4 plugged to the USB HUB ->
    USB HUB to the ZEN (A1- A3) ->
    ZEN to the rear port of the PS pro

Result: Zen cuts power to the USB HUB (little light on the ZEN usb hub turns off)

2. Setup
    XIM 4 plugged directly to the ZEN (tried A1-A3) ->
    ZEN plugged to the powered USB HUB ->
    Powered USB Hub to the rear port of the PS pro

Result: Zen cuts power to the XIM 4 (little light on the ZEN usb hub turns off)

It is very obvious, that the issue is with the ZEN's compatibility to the XIM.

I just dont understand what exactly makes ZEN cut the connection to the XIM4.

If somebody from the ZEN team could check this, would be great. Otherwise, I will need to return my ZEN and stick to the XIM only.

Best regards
    I’m using the same setup and for me it works fine.

M&K and controller to XIM4, connect the XIM directly to port A1 on the ZEN.
    Then connect your ZEN with micro usb to your front usb Port 1

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkman View Post
    I’m using the same setup and for me it works fine.

M&K and controller to XIM4, connect the XIM directly to port A1 on the ZEN.
    Then connect your ZEN with micro usb to your front usb Port 1
    Thank you for your reply.

You never had disconnects? Are you on PS4 or Pro?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thank you for your reply.

You never had disconnects? Are you on PS4 or Pro?
    no problems at all. I’m in Ps4 Pro

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkman For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Thats just strange. Why am I having those issues? -.-

If its not a big deal for you, can you please make photos of your setup and send me via DM?

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

Thats just strange. Why am I having those issues? -.-

If its not a big deal for you, can you please make photos of your setup and send me via DM?
    another thing that could be causing the issue is the cables you are using. May want to double check all cables and make sure they are in good working order. Pinkman got it to work with xim4 and I used an apex. With PS4 you plug your xim4 into the A1 slot of the zen. This puts it through Authentication with the controller connected through the xim so as long as you can support the power and have no faulty cables it should work fine. Make sure to have a V1 controller

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jsh406 View Post
    another thing that could be causing the issue is the cables you are using. May want to double check all cables and make sure they are in good working order. Pinkman got it to work with xim4 and I used an apex. With PS4 you plug your xim4 into the A1 slot of the zen. This puts it through Authentication with the controller connected through the xim so as long as you can support the power and have no faulty cables it should work fine. Make sure to have a V1 controller
    The cables are working fine, since the XIM4 without ZEN works without issues. Also tried with both V1 and V2 controller. This evening no disconnects for 3 hours, then restarted and wanted to play again, voila disconnect after 10 mins...

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GL0ZZ3N View Post
    Dude, I've personally covered this time and time again about R6 - They have WAY too much in-game aim smoothing to make any mouse feel decent. Do you understand what smoothing is? Where you take quick, jerky, rapid movements, and try to smooth them out? This is great for thumbstick users, but with all the filtering, you're just NOT going to get your mouse to feel good at all.

With your deadzone complaint - did you even open the mosue and keyboard plugin? I mean, you're able to adjust your deadzone shape right here... and even change the shape to a a square for old PS3 games...

Well, again, this is because you either can't figure out how to tune your device, or you're too lazy to tune it yourself and are expecting someone to spoonfeed you settings rather than do it yourself. The Zen has only been out for a short time, clearly there aren't a whole lot of official settings yet.

This just ties back to my previous response about being either too lazy or impatient to tune your own settings - But hey, at least you admit you're just looking for a spoon. The Zen works just as well as the xim with proper settings. You're comparing some jank you come up with yourself, that you even admit doesn't feel right, to official settings from Xim. Of course official settings are going to feel better than your jank - that actually bothered to take the time and tune their settings, just like you should be doing!

Have you even looked at the mosue settings plugin? Your ADS to hip fire is right here brobro:

Yes- this is true with all devices, even the Xim. Have a look at say, PUBG on the Xim, There's clear notation that the mouse settings will not be optimal because in in-game mechanics. (which also ties back to your post about R6)

I have really solid settings for a couple games, and I am continuing to build a library of settings in my free time. What games do you play? I've wrapped up CoD Warzone and Apex Legends this evening. I suppose Fortnite is next, then whatever else others need. If you have something specific, I can see if I have the game and get something out to you over the weekend.

Mouse and Keyboard on the Zen is badass bro, you just have to take some time to wrap your head around how everything works when dialing in your settings.
    do you mind sharing your settings for apex legends? I can’t seem to dial in anything good. I have my XIM apex plugged in but wondering if you had some Good apex settings that I can just use and plug mouse and keyboard in directly to the zen.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Hey guys

I just found out, that is has nothing to do with the XIM4 itself.

I connected my DS V1 controller directly to the ZEN A3 hub and the little light is on, meaning my controller is working, the script is active and all good. See the photo below:

Attachment 8062

But then, after sometimes 5 mins and sometimes 1 hour the light goes off and the controller wont react anymore. The ZEN cuts the connection. It also happens when I connect the A2 or A3 hub on the ZEN. See the photo below:

Attachment 8061

I made sure that the cable is good order and also tried the original PS cable. I also made sure the controller is unpaired. The issue is the same with the V2 controller. I tried all USB hubs on the PS4 pro, rear and front.

I hope to find any solution on that and looking forward to your help.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Anyone from support team here to help? That device wasnt cheap for its performance...

SILVER II

User Info Menu

I have the same problem! Xim Apex combined with Cronus Zen is awesome. Works for like 15 minutes, then the controller randomly disconnects.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

So what you need to do is hook everything up. Shut off the whole console. When it boots up don’t touch anything but the keyboard and mouse and it should not randomly disconnect.

What I noticed is if you have your controller unplugged, start up console and then plug controller in it will randomly disconnect so try the above and let me know. Make sure it’s a DS1 controller also.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick.kilborn View Post
    So what you need to do is hook everything up. Shut off the whole console. When it boots up don’t touch anything but the keyboard and mouse and it should not randomly disconnect.

What I noticed is if you have your controller unplugged, start up console and then plug controller in it will randomly disconnect so try the above and let me know. Make sure it’s a DS1 controller also.
    Thank you very much for your tip. However, it did not work.

I also tried a crossover scenario with an unpaired XBOX360 controller:

Step 1: turned off the console
    Step 2: DS V1 Controller wired connected to A1
    Step 3: Turned on the console with its power button
    Step 4: XBOX 360 controller wired to A3 but also tried A2

Zen kept disconnecting. The little light at A1 always turns off as described above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12