Topic: NBA 2K21 VC Generator Instructions

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

NBA 2K21 VC Generator Instructions

The GamePack is now live for Zen. The only setup required is to have in-game controller rumbles enabled and have PLAYNOW highlighted on the main menu screen before starting the GamePack.
    Attachment 7872

You will earn 200 VC per game for a win and 150 VC for a loss. Games average around a minute.

The biggest thing you can do to speed up the Blacktop game times (around 45 sec per game) and win 100% of the time is use a User Created Roster. To create and edit a roster:

Feature -> Create Roster - > Select Roster(NBA) -> Official 2KSports Roster

Go to Steph Curry Golden State Warriors (RB/R1 x 28) -> Edit Player

There's only a few changes you need to make to ensure that you'll win 100% of the time. I would avoid increasing any of his defensive stats. The goal is to have the games over as quick as possible. Since these games run unattended, your player is not going to play much defensive. It's actually best for him to just get out of the way and let the other guys shoot when they have the ball. Here's the changes I made to Curry character:

1. Body -> Height -> 7'7" (so he can shoot over the guy at anytime)
    2. HotZones -> All zones to HOT
    3. Badges -> Badges: Outside Shooting (RT/R2 x 2): Set all Outside Shooting Badges to Hall of Fame
    4. B/Cirlce x 2 to Exit
    5. Select "Keep Changes and Return"

Now go to Minnesota Timberwolves (LB/L1 x 2) and scroll down to Jacob Evan III -> A/Cross -> Edit Player - There's no need to go all out with changes and gimp the player. Lowering his stats increases his missed shots, meaning more rebounds/out of bounds balls and longer game times. I only reduced his height to 5'4" so Curry could shoot over him at anytime. Plus it's just funny watching a 7'7" guy play one that's 5'4"

B/Circle -> Keep Changes and Return -> B/Circle ->Save Roster - Use a unique file name (You may get a couple of screen after entering the files name saying something about # of players. Just select "Yes" and return to the Feature Menu.

CPU Slider -> RT/R2 x 1 -> User -> 3 PT Success -> increase to 100 -> press X/Square to save changes

B/Circle x 3 to return to Main Menu

The only thing left is to load the roster you created. PlayNow -> BlackTop -> One VS One -> Change Roster (click LS/L3) -> User Created Roster -> Highlight your Roster -> A/Cross to Select

Return to Main Menu (B/Cross x 3)

You're ready to go. Highlight PlayNow and start the GamePack.

Changelog-

v1.1 Tweaked some times in the START_SELECT combo to avoid selecting the wrong screen during the opening sequence.

v1.2 -
    Added a "reset" option (DOWN + X) so that if the game is hung-up in the Comparison Window pressing "reset" will exit that window
    and reset the gamepack will reset and attempt to start the re-match process.

Changed the way rumble times are tracked. It will now continue tracking elapsed time until another rumble is received. If no rumbles have been received for more than
    3 minutes it will assume the game is hung on the "Comparison Window", reset and attempt to start a re-match.

Added 2nd info text to VC Screen saver, DOWN + X/Square to Rest

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Re: NBA2K21 VC Generator

Thanks bro. It's working now. But I think it's 150 now.

Anyway, we are supposed to play Fox right and the AI as Spalding? But Spalding always win. Do we still get the 150-200 VC?

I've put it to 100 gamespeed. Sometimes it bugs and goes to Play with Friends and game up to 7 pts. But it's alright. Awesome pack btw.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KarlDino View Post
    Thanks bro. It's working now. But I think it's 150 now.

Anyway, we are supposed to play Fox right and the AI as Spalding? But Spalding always win. Do we still get the 150-200 VC?

I've put it to 100 gamespeed. Sometimes it bugs and goes to Play with Friends and game up to 7 pts. But it's alright. Awesome pack btw.
    If you change gamespeed it throws all the shot timings off. I think you get 200 VC for a win. I'll post some things you can do to speed up the games and win the games 100% of the time a little later.

Your player is Steph Curry and your opponent is Jacob Evans III on the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Sometimes it bugs and goes to Play with Friends and game up to 7 pts
    I'll look into that.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Awesome thanks. Appreciate your work bro.

Also it goes to Team Comparison sometimes and gets locked there so no rematch.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Awesome thanks. Appreciate your work bro.

Also it goes to Team Comparison sometimes and gets locked there so no rematch.
    I ran the code on both consoles yesterday over and over and didn't see any of that. I may have to tweak some times. Could be difference in connections speeds or type of consoles. Check the 1st post for my recommendations on settings.

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Followed the guide and works amazing, Absolute Legend as always

This is why we call him.... The GPC GodFather

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DoGzTheFiGhTeR For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Goes to team comparison, stays there for about 30-45 seconds then hits rematch for me. Thanks for making this though! (First post here)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Al888 For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

This is great!!!
    Thank you very much!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Skarlen For This Useful Post:

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Al888 View Post
    Goes to team comparison, stays there for about 30-45 seconds then hits rematch for me. Thanks for making this though! (First post here)
    That's as expected....as long as it doesn't open that screen. It's waiting for a timer to expire so it will start the re-match process.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    That's as expected....as long as it doesn't open that screen. It's waiting for a timer to expire so it will start the re-match process.
    Got it. Thanks!

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Hmmm followed your suggestions it still chooses fox but no matter I upgraded him like Curry. Problem is it goes to Team Comparison now and stays stuck there.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Hmmm followed your suggestions it still chooses fox but no matter I upgraded him like Curry. Problem is it goes to Team Comparison now and stays stuck there.
    It does what? It's choosing your player as someone other than Steph Curry? Something sounds screwy. I would reset Zen, reset the console and try again.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

Community Boss

User Info Menu

Re: NBA 2K21 VC Generator Instructions

Updated to v1.1

- Tweaked times in the START_SELECT combo to avoid selecting the wrong screen during the opening sequence

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Waited for the V 1.2 and here are my observations, on PS4 btw with good internet connection:

1. Still chooses D' Aron Fox as my player.
    2. It goes way too far right to Play with friends most of the times. You need to reconnect your controller to fix it.
    3. The "reset" doesn't work for me. Pressing DOWN + Square from Team Comparison loops to Team Comparison still.
    4. After the game, it get's stuck on highlighting team comparison for 60-80 secs.

Is there a way where we can start the game pack just before the game or on highlighting rematch? Thank you.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

thanks its working for me so far it did 98 games for me

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Was able to leave it 4-5 hours without interruption. Awesome gamepack bro. For the meantime only problem is it takes a bit too long before a rematch. Around 60 seconds long. If we can trim that to around 10 seconds we could get more VC/min. As of the moment, it takes 20 seconds to finish a match including intro. Just the looping part takes a bit too long. How can we adjust this?

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Was able to leave it 4-5 hours without interruption. Awesome gamepack bro. For the meantime only problem is it takes a bit too long before a rematch. Around 60 seconds long. If we can trim that to around 10 seconds we could get more VC/min. As of the moment, it takes 20 seconds to finish a match including intro. Just the looping part takes a bit too long. How can we adjust this?
    The problem with putting it in a GamePack it has to be universal. If I were making it for Xbox I could cut the time in 1/2. PS doesn't have trigger rumbles. The only rumble you get is on release when shooting the ball. What I can do is make that time limit adjustable.....

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Worsk really good, but after a while it gets stuck in the Team Comparison. Sometimes after 1 hour, sometimes after 10 minutes. Anything to adjust this?
    I've earned about 80k with this so far

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Was working fine until just now. Theres a huge delay at the end of the games. It hovers over 'team comparison' for like 3-5 minutes longer than it usually does before it starts another game.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

was fine today on ps4.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skarlen View Post
    Worsk really good, but after a while it gets stuck in the Team Comparison. Sometimes after 1 hour, sometimes after 10 minutes. Anything to adjust this?
    I've earned about 80k with this so far ������������
    What that means is the reset routine started before the game had ended. This does happen on occasion but not frequently enough to increase the timer that starts the reset. This would increase the total time for every game. If you see this happen (the comparison screen open) hold DOWN then press X/Square and this will back out of the screen and start the rematch or if 3 mins have elapsed and no rumble has been received, the GP will assume it's stuck on that screen and back out on it's own and start the rematch.

What I've seen happen is the opponent miss his shot and Curry gets the rebound. He doesn't take the ball back (there's no way to know this has happen) and scores. Point goes to the opponent, plus his ball. Curry slowly walks and gets the ball and walk all the way back before giving the opponent the ball. Now this guy has to shoot before Curry will get the ball back. This is way outside of the time limits set in the GP and it starts the reset routine which includes pressing A/Cross a couple of times . That's what opens the comparison window . That's why I tell people if you use a User Created Roster DO NOT gimp your opponent to much. In fact I raise some of his offensive stats. You want him to get the ball and score as fast as possible. You're still gonna win the game because you're shooting 3's.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyImportant View Post
    Was working fine until just now. Theres a huge delay at the end of the games. It hovers over 'team comparison' for like 3-5 minutes longer than it usually does before it starts another game.
    I would unplug Zen, exit then restart the game, power Zen back up and start again. That should clear out whatever is going on.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Yeah, i followed all your instructions for the User created rooster. It does make me a lot of VC, so i can't really complain on anything, just some small things that could make it self going while I am sleeping at night or something

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skarlen View Post
    Yeah, i followed all your instructions for the User created rooster. It does make me a lot of VC, so i can't really complain on anything, just some small things that could make it self going while I am sleeping at night or something
    As of v1.2 it will keep going. It may take it a couple of minutes before it backs out of the comparison screen, but it will and continue.

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

I made this like 2 years ago and was doing it seems pretty popular now. Good work though.