Topic: Please disable the screensaver on the latest 9-11 pack!!

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Please disable the screensaver on the latest 9-11 pack!!

I updated my game pack and now it does a screensaver after a minute or so of activity! Who thought this was a good idea??!!

i want to take a glance at the screen and see what I’m on. Please remove this ASAP!

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Re: Please disable the screensaver on the latest 9-11 pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by IRule11 View Post
    I updated my game pack and now it does a screensaver after a minute or so of activity! Who thought this was a good idea??!!

i want to take a glance at the screen and see what I’m on. Please remove this ASAP!
    The same people that don't want to have to listen to people complain that their OLED is now unusable because of the screen burn-in left from running a GamePack. Hard to protect people from themselves sometimes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

That’s fine but then gives us an option or let us select the time frame. It like 30 seconds right now. I would like 5 minutes and it would be fine.

im sure that would be a quick fix. I turn my zen off when I’m not using it via usb switch with power button.

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Even with controller input, the screensaver activates. Which is an issue on the apex script, because with weapon swap enabled it frequently goes off track, i need to visually be able to check if it has the right weapon selected. Is there any way around this you know of?

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zayala94 View Post
    Even with controller input, the screensaver activates. Which is an issue on the apex script, because with weapon swap enabled it frequently goes off track, i need to visually be able to check if it has the right weapon selected. Is there any way around this you know of?
    What pack you using community or pro

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XBL Jedi View Post
    What pack you using community or pro
    *sorry for wasting your time i figured it out, since updating the apex pack i forgot to re enable weapon swap and since doing that it disables the screensaver everytime i swap weapons which fixes my issue. Thank you so much for your quick reply though!!*
    Im using the apex pro pack

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zayala94 View Post
    *sorry for wasting your time i figured it out, since updating the apex pack i forgot to re enable weapon swap and since doing that it disables the screensaver everytime i swap weapons which fixes my issue. Thank you so much for your quick reply though!!*
    Im using the apex pro pack
    Any issues with pro packs go into pro pack section, and issues with community packs go into the corresponding community pack.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Screen saver is on pro pack. Can we please add a feature to turn it on or off?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    The same people that don't want to have to listen to people complain that their OLED is now unusable because of the screen burn-in left from running a GamePack. Hard to protect people from themselves sometimes
    It should be included and OLED burn in is a problem. However it should only activate after there has been no controller input for a set amount of time.

The device itself was poorly designed to not shut off when not in use. It shouldnt be up to a gamepack creator, it should be in the device firmware. Most USB port supply power when not in use. So we should either unplug the unit, stressing the USB port, or buy an external switch to kill power to protect a device from itself??

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAlpha View Post
    It should be included and OLED burn in is a problem. However it should only activate after there has been no controller input for a set amount of time.

The device itself was poorly designed to not shut off when not in use. It shouldnt be up to a gamepack creator, it should be in the device firmware. Most USB port supply power when not in use. So we should either unplug the unit, stressing the USB port, or buy an external switch to kill power to protect a device from itself??
    I use this and it’s perfect . Simple button press and it’s off. (Well 2 buttons since this uses 2 cables. ) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAlpha View Post

The screen does automatically shut off. If you load a script/gamepack that doesn't do anything to the OLED...the screen does black after a few seconds. The burn-in is happening because the script/gamepack has written to the OLED and there's no code to clear the screen or have a screen saver of sorts kick in. So that image/text will continue to be displayed until you unload the game pack. Then the Cronus Logo will be display briefly before it shuts off.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Batts For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batts View Post
    The screen does automatically shut off. If you load a script/gamepack that doesn't do anything to the OLED...the screen does black after a few seconds. The burn-in is happening because the script/gamepack has written to the OLED and there's no code to clear the screen or have a screen saver of sorts kick in. So that image/text will continue to be displayed until you unload the game pack. Then the Cronus Logo will be display briefly before it shuts off.
    Ah, so if the gamepack were to just set a timeout and if no input was received in that window, just clear the screen it would almost be better than a screensaver it sounds like.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

does anyone know what weapon profiles FR and AHB are?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nebby69 View Post
    The option is in the Global Mods. Select it to get to the sub menu (with anti-recoil mode, profile switch mode, and finally "Weapon Profile Features".

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nebby69 View Post
    FR = fast reload
    AHB = Auto Hold Breath

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

The Screen Saver was implemented to prevent further LED burning to the OLED screen. Every time you swap your weapon you will be able to see the idle screen for an amount of time. seeing as weapons are switched so often, making this a long time would essentially be useless because the time limit will never be reached during gameplay and would end up burning in the screen anyway.

One way to check which profile you are using is to check the colour of the Zen Eyes (Green = Primary, Red = Secondary).

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MajestikMøøse View Post
    The Screen Saver was implemented to prevent further LED burning to the OLED screen. Every time you swap your weapon you will be able to see the idle screen for an amount of time. seeing as weapons are switched so often, making this a long time would essentially be useless because the time limit will never be reached during gameplay and would end up burning in the screen anyway.

One way to check which profile you are using is to check the colour of the Zen Eyes (Green = Primary, Red = Secondary).
    first, I want to say thank you for your hard work, this pack is awesome.

i agree about the screensaver and it working, that’s a great idea. But can we increase the time to 3 minutes before it kicks in? I think right now it’s like 15 seconds which is extremely short.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

I've increased it to 30 seconds.