Topic: Remove Screen Saver after new update?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Remove Screen Saver after new update?

The new update has introduced a screensaver on the Zen device.

Can this be removed in the options?

I like to see what profile/weapon Ive got selected as Apex is a game where you're constantly changing weapons for better weapons. So we're always checking the Zen device quickly to make sure we've got the correct one selected.

Now the only way to go off the screen saver is to 'resave' a profile, or physically click the Zen button on and off. Both which are a battle and can get you killed in the middle of a battle.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Remove Screen Saver after new update?

我不需要屏幕保护程序.............

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I can’t hold options to exit the game

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Holding options button doesn't work for me either. Aim assist is also non-responsive and causes ADS aim drift to the right when any gun mod is enabled and not firing.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

The options button is a new bug. I am aware of it and looking into it.

There are currently no plans to remove the screen saver. Every time you swap your weapon (Tapping Triangle/Y) using Weapon Swap you will get to see the screen for 15 seconds. You can quickly re-select your current Weapon Profile (Touch/View+Triangle/Y or T/V+Circle/B) and your profile/weapon will display on the OLED.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MajestikMøøse View Post
    Is there a bug with the aim assist? It seems to not be working effectively since the new update. And the ADS aim slowly drifts to the right when a gun mod is enabled on any gun. Drift is not apparent when gun mode is disabled with Touchpad+Square.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Check the answer to your other Topic

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

There are currently no plans to remove the screen saver. Every time you swap your weapon (Tapping Triangle/Y) using Weapon Swap you will get to see the screen for 15 seconds. You can quickly re-select your current Weapon Profile (Touch/View+Triangle/Y or T/V+Circle/B) and your profile/weapon will display on the OLED.
    Thank you for your response.

Can't the screensaver be an option to toggle on and off?

Also, can I ask..What was the thought behind adding the screensaver?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Check the answer to your other Topic
    I believe this is the post I made but I don't see it in my Profile post history anymore.
    The link you shared with me did not work either. Sent me to a page with this notice:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Invalid Topic specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

@SALisRad
    Weird :? It opens properly for me...

@Thisisfantasea
    The screen saver was implemented to prevent screen burning. If an image stays on the screen for too long it can burn into the screen and you'll be able to see it even when its not showing if you have a completely white screen.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

@SALisRad
    Weird :? It opens properly for me...
    Can you let me know what was said in the thread please? I still can't view/find the post on my end. Thank you!

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Very strange... here:
    Quote Originally Posted by SALisRad View Post
    Hello,New Zen owner here. I updated the Apex gamepack to the new [1.3.0 - 09/11/2020 update] and found difficulty playing with it all day. Went into the Apex firing range to do some testing and found some issues:

First, the PS4 options buttons on the controller does not work properly when the gamepack is enabled. To access the settings menu in Apex, you must hold the options button. But I would get nothing when holding it down when gamepack is enabled. I disabled the gamepack by pressing the right blue button on the zen device to switch off the gamepack, and the options button then continued working properly. I don't see how the options button would be affected with any mods since there is no custom settings to map that button.

Second, the ADS aim assist seems to not work at all in this new update. When ADS'ing, I still see my crosshairs vibrate slightly as usual with my aim assist set to 15. But when firing at an enemy, I no longer attach to the target as I was able to in the previous [1.2.0 update] wether it's the target dummies or actual enemies in a public match. Testing in the firing range with multiple guns showed that aim assist only drifted my gun and only made my usual aim less accurate. Aim was better using the default in-game assist and not using the aim assist mod in the gamepack.

Third, when ADS'ing with aim assist enabled on my specific gun class and not firing my weapon, my crosshair constantly drifted slowly the right. The higher the aim assist, the more drift. Setting the aim assist to the default 13 also has this drift. I tested disabling the gun mod with Touchpad+Square and noticed no drift at all when ADS'ing. Drift to the right reappears when gun mod is activated. This made sniping impossible as the crosshair consistently drifted to the right when aiming with any gun mode enabled.

These issues were not present, or I was not aware of them, in the previous Apex gamepack 1.2 version. Please let me know how to resolve these issues. THANK YOU!
    1. This is a new bug... I will look into it for the next update. Keep an eye on the discord/Zen Studio. (This has been fixed now as of v1.3.1)

2. The Weapon Profile's Anti-Recoil settings will take over while you are firing, essentially suspending Aim Assist. This is to make sure that the Anti-Recoil isn't hindered by the shaking of the Aim Assist. Anlso take a look at this video demonstrating the Anti-Recoil Strength and how it affects your aim/fire in-game.

3. The drifting can be accounted for by using the Aim Assist: Drift Correction adjustable. Check out this video.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Thank you!

2. The Weapon Profile's Anti-Recoil settings will take over while you are firing, essentially suspending Aim Assist. This is to make sure that the Anti-Recoil isn't hindered by the shaking of the Aim Assist. Anlso take a look at this video demonstrating the Anti-Recoil Strength and how it affects your aim/fire in-game.
    Oh ok, I assumed we still had aim assist when firing our weapons. I leave the recoil setting to default and skip on any hindering gun attachments. So are all aim assist mods meant just to line up a shot?

3. The drifting can be accounted for by using the Aim Assist: Drift Correction adjustable. Check out this video.
    Thanks for the video link! But this is for Warzone and there are no Aim Assist Adjustables in the Apex Pro pack. Or is it hidden somewhere? Thanks for all the help.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

o shoot forgot this was regarding the Apex pack lol. I might have to look into the drifting in Apex :/...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MajestikMøøse For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

I might have to look into the drifting in Apex :/...
    Oh ok, so disable all Aim Assist for now since it drifts noticeably while aiming/not firing, and it disables automatically when firing?

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

that is a solution :? ya if you disable Aim Assist then it won't drift anymore lol. You could also try using a lower camera sensitivity, or Aim Assist Strength to see if that helps.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MajestikMøøse For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

that is a solution :? ya if you disable Aim Assist then it won't drift anymore lol. You could also try using a lower camera sensitivity, or Aim Assist Strength to see if that helps.
    Gotcha. I'll hold off on using the mods until it gets Aim Assist improvements. Thank you for all the help.
    I'll check up on the forums/discord for any Apex gamepack updates. thx!

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Are you sure the drift is really bad?

Try ADSing with the Zen pack on, and then turn the Apex Pro pack off by click the left button on the Zen, does it stick drift?

I have a brand new controller (just got it 2 days ago) and the drift is really really tiny. I'm talking like 2mm every 3 seconds or so. Hardly noticeable.

What's your settings on? Reset pro pack to factory settings and don't edit anything and then see how it is in firing range.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisfantasea View Post
    Are you sure the drift is really bad?
    Try ADSing with the Zen pack on, and then turn the Apex Pro pack off by click the left button on the Zen, does it stick drift? .
    Yeah, this is how I detailed it in my original post:

when ADS'ing with aim assist enabled on my specific gun class and not firing my weapon, my crosshair constantly drifted slowly the right. The higher the aim assist, the more drift. Setting the aim assist to the default 13 also has this drift. I tested disabling the gun mod with Touchpad+Square and noticed no drift at all when ADS'ing. Drift to the right reappears when gun mod is activated. This made sniping impossible as the crosshair consistently drifted to the right when aiming with any gun mode enabled.

I did a whole lot of testing in the firing range with 2 controllers, Zen on and off, Gamepack on and off, and gun mods on and off. Drift only appears when aim assist is enabled for a gun. No drift when using gamepack with aim assist disabled for primary and secondary guns.

What's your settings on? Reset pro pack to factory settings and don't edit anything and then see how it is in firing range.
    Aim sensitivity: 5
    ADS sensitivity: 4
    Per optic sensitivities: All set to 4
    Responsive Curve: Classic
    Deadzone: Small
    All matched with gamepack inputs.

Aim Assist: Default 13
    Recoil mod: Default 100

This drift wasn't in the previous 1.2 build and I became aware of it right away in matches after updating to 1.3.
    I'll do a factory rest and try some more.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SALisRad View Post
    Yeah, this is how I detailed it in my original post:

when ADS'ing with aim assist enabled on my specific gun class and not firing my weapon, my crosshair constantly drifted slowly the right. The higher the aim assist, the more drift. Setting the aim assist to the default 13 also has this drift. I tested disabling the gun mod with Touchpad+Square and noticed no drift at all when ADS'ing. Drift to the right reappears when gun mod is activated. This made sniping impossible as the crosshair consistently drifted to the right when aiming with any gun mode enabled.

I did a whole lot of testing in the firing range with 2 controllers, Zen on and off, Gamepack on and off, and gun mods on and off. Drift only appears when aim assist is enabled for a gun. No drift when using gamepack with aim assist disabled for primary and secondary guns.

Aim sensitivity: 5
    ADS sensitivity: 4
    Per optic sensitivities: All set to 4
    Responsive Curve: Classic
    Deadzone: Small
    All matched with gamepack inputs.

Aim Assist: Default 13
    Recoil mod: Default 100

This drift wasn't in the previous 1.2 build and I became aware of it right away in matches after updating to 1.3.
    I'll do a factory rest and try some more.
    Nice tests! I'm guessing you are right and then there is some drift.

I hope this is fixed very soon with an update. Is this only with sniper rifles or with all guns?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

I hope this is fixed very soon with an update. Is this only with sniper rifles or with all guns?
    It's with all guns. Hoping it gets fixed too! Thanks for helping out with this

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

There were no changes to the Aim Assist in v1.3.0 :? So I'm not too sure how its just happening now. We'll take a look though.