Topic: Firmware Update OK, Cannot connect to ZEN Studio

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Question Firmware Update OK, Cannot connect to ZEN Studio

Hi,
    I've been able to update the ZEN firmware with no issues, I cannot get the ZEN to connect to the studio software, tried different USB ports, other USB cables, older firmware, different laptops, re-downloaded the software, deleted the C:appdata files and still cannot get it to connect. The unit lights up, screen goes to sleep and when I press the left button the LEDs flash blue, when I press the right it brings the logo back on the screen of the ZEN.

Does the ZEN make the USB connect/disconnect windows sound when you connect via the prog port?

Any other tips?
    Cheers

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Firmware Update OK, Cannot connect to ZEN Studio

When you guys are connecting your zen to PC via the prog port, does it make the windows USB connect/disconnect sound.

I get nothing from windows, the zen just powers up.
    Cheers

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by betson View Post
    When you guys are connecting your zen to PC via the prog port, does it make the windows USB connect/disconnect sound.

I get nothing from windows, the zen just powers up.
    Cheers
    I dont think it makes any sound while unplugging or plugging it into pc, but yet again I leave my sound off on pc, since the chime is annoying. Also please register your zen to your forums profile and use correct section for studio.

Senior Support Staff

User Info Menu

Yes, windows make sound

Try to uninstall the driver from device manager

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by betson View Post
    Hi,
    I've been able to update the ZEN firmware with no issues, I cannot get the ZEN to connect to the studio software, tried different USB ports, other USB cables, older firmware, different laptops, re-downloaded the software, deleted the C:appdata files and still cannot get it to connect. The unit lights up, screen goes to sleep and when I press the left button the LEDs flash blue, when I press the right it brings the logo back on the screen of the ZEN.

Does the ZEN make the USB connect/disconnect windows sound when you connect via the prog port?

Any other tips?
    Cheers
    Any luck? I have the same problem. I tried many different mini USB cables. Firmware update works fine but no connection with Studio using the Mini USB. I also tried from 2 different laptops with the same result. Lights and screen turn on but no connection with Studio. I received the device 1 day ago. Cronus Support keep sending me the same link that I already tried many times with no luck.

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarioBros69 View Post
    Any luck? I have the same problem. I tried many different mini USB cables. Firmware update works fine but no connection with Studio using the Mini USB. I also tried from 2 different laptops with the same result. Lights and screen turn on but no connection with Studio. I received the device 1 day ago. Cronus Support keep sending me the same link that I already tried many times with no luck.
    What version of fw are you running?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

anyone manage to connect to zen studio? i have the same problem too... i connect the device to my pc (tried a few usb cables already) but zen studio cannot detect...my firmware version 2.0.7..