Topic: Cancel the Disabled Weapon Selection mode when activate Weapon Profile

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Cancel the Disabled Weapon Selection mode when activate Weapon Profile

Hi, I believe the following feature is required to improve the weapon selection.

Current state: the Apex Pro pack provides a features - to select 2 weapons profile that are linked to the weapons you have. But early in the game, when you are looting actively, this mode not helping and it's worth disabling weapon profiles and use the default behaviour until find a desired weapon for the rest of the game.
    After obtaining the right weapon you can choose the required weapon profile via "Weapon Selection/Profile" mod.

Issue: if you disable weapon profiles (Touch/View + Square/X) then selecting a weapon (Touch/View + R2/RT) does nothing, until you enable Weapon Profiles again. This slows down the weapon selection profiles and delays your game dynamics.

Suggested state: It would be much better if selecting a weapon (Touch/View + R2/RT) cancelled the previously disabled weapon profile

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Re: Cancel the Disabled Weapon Selection mode when activate Weapon Profile

Please stop re-posting the same topic. But as I said last time:

The disabled profile was designed to remove all mods, and if you were to use the Weapon Selector in this profile then it would be ambiguous which profile it should resume to (Pri/Sec)...

We will take this into consideration.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry for the duplication - I only moved the post from the wrong forum (community to Pro) and haven't seen your previous reply

I think for profile enablement it's ok to always switch to the primary weapon by default, because it 50% of cases you get the match.
    Because, just enabling profile after it was disabled manually won't guarantee that the player is still using the same weapon, hence you always need to change profile, which never be 1 action to undertake

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Honestly the weapon profile switch is badly implemented.

If Ive got R301 for profile 1, and Prowler Burst for profile 2, when I put my gun away by holding triangle, sometimes when I pull out my gun, thinking Ive got the R301, on mm Zen it thinks ive got the prowler out, and then does a 'burst' instead, and gets my killed.

Honestly, the best way to do it is this, have it on Manual only, and when you first land and grab a 'decent' gun, switch to that profile on the Zen manually (once you get used to it, you can select profiles within 2-4 seconds whilst running). Then once you find your 'main weapon' for the fight, switch to it again manually and keep it as that.

In other words, ALWAYS keep manual on and select your main weapon when you drop.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisfantasea View Post
    Honestly the weapon profile switch is badly implemented.

If Ive got R301 for profile 1, and Prowler Burst for profile 2, when I put my gun away by holding triangle, sometimes when I pull out my gun, thinking Ive got the R301, on mm Zen it thinks ive got the prowler out, and then does a 'burst' instead, and gets my killed.

Honestly, the best way to do it is this, have it on Manual only, and when you first land and grab a 'decent' gun, switch to that profile on the Zen manually (once you get used to it, you can select profiles within 2-4 seconds whilst running). Then once you find your 'main weapon' for the fight, switch to it again manually and keep it as that.

In other words, ALWAYS keep manual on and select your main weapon when you drop.
    Do you know that you can keep changing profiles for your selected weapons? Press the profile 1/2 hotkeys when you have one 1 weapon selected and then you will be able to fix mismatch.

this is helpful for another issue when you run out of ammo and game changes you weapon to then next one in the middle of the fight, but your profile is out of sync

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by laflour View Post
    Do you know that you can keep changing profiles for your selected weapons? Press the profile 1/2 hotkeys when you have one 1 weapon selected and then you will be able to fix mismatch.

this is helpful for another issue when you run out of ammo and game changes you weapon to then next one in the middle of the fight, but your profile is out of sync
    What button is that sorry?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisfantasea View Post
    What button is that sorry?
    When you have a weapon profile out of sync, you can match the profile by pressing either Touch/View + Square/X or Touch/View + R2/RT. The first one for the primary profile the second one for the secondary. So depending on what weapon is out of sync - press one of those combinations and you are back to normal

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by laflour View Post
    When you have a weapon profile out of sync, you can match the profile by pressing either Touch/View + Square/X or Touch/View + R2/RT. The first one for the primary profile the second one for the secondary. So depending on what weapon is out of sync - press one of those combinations and you are back to normal
    Sorry, this isn't right...
    - Touchpad/View+Square/X is for the Disabled Weapon Profile (All Mods will be disabled).
    - Touchpad/View+R2/RT is for the Weapon Selector which allows you to quickly select which weapon profile you want to use on your current Profile (Primary/Secondary).

Touchpad/View+Triangle/Y will select your Primary Profile (Profile 1), and Touchpad/View+Circle/B will select your Secondary Profile (Profile 2).

SILVER II

User Info Menu

pro tip: start each game with the weapon profiles set to regular fire/ rapid fire