Topic: Cronus Zen CMupdatetool "Device not found"

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Cronus Zen CMupdatetool "Device not found"

I have read dozens of threads online and tried my own troubleshooting for hours. I'm using a laptop with windows 7 and when I pull up cmupdatetool for the firmware with the zen in "bootloader", it says "no devices found". I have tried uninstalling the program several times, attaching the additional mini usb cable, run as administrator and nothing will help it be found. In zen studio using mini usb it finds the device but for firmware it wont find it using the micro usb in the back. I've tried multiple micro usb cables and all work fine so it has to be the software not recognizing. I don't have another computer to try on, so looking for answers for this.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Re: Cronus Zen CMupdatetool "Device not found"

You mentioned that you are using Windows 7. Did you download the Windows 7 Driver Fix?

You can find it here: https://cronusmax.com/downloads/

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeganLovesYou View Post
    You mentioned that you are using Windows 7. Did you download the Windows 7 Driver Fix?

You can find it here: https://cronusmax.com/downloads/
    Yes I downloaded the driver as well and even tried on another old windows 7 laptop. I use all Mac so only had old windows based computers. I was able to find a Mac beta for cmupdatetool to update firmware then the windows 7 laptop worked for the zen studio. So it seems there’s no solution for ppl with cmupdate issues on windows 7. I’ve searched the entire forum and ppl with the issue I had never found a solution besides using another Device. Tried every troubleshooting and the program just doesn’t “find” the zen.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon0034 View Post
    Yes I downloaded the driver as well and even tried on another old windows 7 laptop. I use all Mac so only had old windows based computers. I was able to find a Mac beta for cmupdatetool to update firmware then the windows 7 laptop worked for the zen studio. So it seems there’s no solution for ppl with cmupdate issues on windows 7. I’ve searched the entire forum and ppl with the issue I had never found a solution besides using another Device. Tried every troubleshooting and the program just doesn’t “find” the zen.
    https://guide.cronusmax.com/quick-start/update-firmware

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Literally did all of this lol. So helpful....
    Had to submit a ticket 4x to the company and they all sent the exact same thing when I explicitly explained I had done everything in the guide/troubleshooting. For anyone who reads this if you’ve followed the guide and your computer won’t recognize it then just know there isn’t anything you can do and it won’t work. The “tech support” just regurgitates the guide/troubleshooting with no real tech help or problem solving.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon0034 View Post
    Literally did all of this lol. So helpful....
    Had to submit a ticket 4x to the company and they all sent the exact same thing when I explicitly explained I had done everything in the guide/troubleshooting. For anyone who reads this if you’ve followed the guide and your computer won’t recognize it then just know there isn’t anything you can do and it won’t work. The “tech support” just regurgitates the guide/troubleshooting with no real tech help or problem solving.
    Im sadly to hear your still experiencing issues, The guide will resolve your issue, sadly i dont own a old windows pc just new windows 10 supported pc, the users that do own a windows 7 pc fixed there issue by following the guide.
    Number one thing is not all micro USB cables are data cables just power. Also you can not have studio open and cmupdatetool at same time so close studios.

1. Bad micro-USB cable (even new cables can be faulty, try one of your own). If your cellphone charges with a micro USB and it connects to your pc fine and your able to transport files from cellphone to pc that will work.

2. USB Port Low Power (also connect the mini-USB cable to Zen's PROG USB port, or use a powered USB hub) which means try another USB port on pc.

3. You didn't install the driver patch (windows 7 patch).

3. A corrupt USB driver (remove using Windows Device Manager).

If all those didn't work for you then try another pc, mac pc uses a vm like parallels or bootcamp.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to XBL Jedi For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Not sure if you tried this one, but it literally just worked for me after trying everything else:

This method resolves issues where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.
    • Select Start, type Device Manager in the Search box
    • Select Device Manager from the returned list.
    • Select Disk Drives from the list of hardware
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select Uninstall.
    • After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable.
    • Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load

Waited the minute, held the reset button and plugged back in using micro-usb from back of zen device to laptop. Launched the update tool and it finally recognized the device and was able to update. Here's the source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-usb-external.

Hope this helps and good luck

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jasonchocolate For This Useful Post: