Topic: Xbox Wireless Adapter Losing Connection on PS4

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

Xbox Wireless Adapter Losing Connection on PS4

Using xbox one s controller on ps4 via wireless adapter. Authenticating ps4 in a1 wireless adapter in a3.

Have had connection issues since I first received the zen during the beta. Before they were seemingly random. Since the last few firmware updates the drops only happen after I leave the controller idle for 5 to 10 minutes. The controller never turns off on its own and I can usually use it for another few minutes before it disconnects. Once it disconnects the adapter light stays solid and the controller lights start blinking. Reset button on zen reestablished connection.

Have tried multiple xbox controllers and adapters. Firmware and studio are up to date. Both the ps4 and xbox controller were unpaired before connecting to the zen. No scripts or anything is loaded on the zen.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Re: Xbox Wireless Adapter Losing Connection on PS4

Quote Originally Posted by nrlttrll View Post
    Using xbox one s controller on ps4 via wireless adapter. Authenticating ps4 in a1 wireless adapter in a3.

Have had connection issues since I first received the zen during the beta. Before they were seemingly random. Since the last few firmware updates the drops only happen after I leave the controller idle for 5 to 10 minutes. The controller never turns off on its own and I can usually use it for another few minutes before it disconnects. Once it disconnects the adapter light stays solid and the controller lights start blinking. Reset button on zen reestablished connection.

Have tried multiple xbox controllers and adapters. Firmware and studio are up to date. Both the ps4 and xbox controller were unpaired before connecting to the zen. No scripts or anything is loaded on the zen.
    Wireless Adapters are notorious being faulty brand new out of box, I had to resent them back as they was faulty, and finally got one that worked, also you can check the guide to see what your controller capabilities are

https://guide.cronusmax.com/devices/...ne-controllers

Attachment 8117

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

I've tried probably 4 different wireless adapters, including the old fat version. They all worked fine when connecting to pc but not with the zen. Think it is the zen that is not working properly. I have other issues as well. When I switch to just bluetooth, with a ps4 authenticating controller, the inputs are extremely laggy. Also the mic frequently cuts out when using the wireless adapter.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

I've tried probably 4 different wireless adapters, including the old fat version. They all worked fine when connecting to pc but not with the zen. Think it is the zen that is not working properly. I have other issues as well. When I switch to just bluetooth, with a ps4 authenticating controller, the inputs are extremely laggy. Also the mic frequently cuts out when using the wireless adapter.
    I can understand ive used multiple wireless adapters aswell they seemed to work right with pc and on console it cut out or disconnect within 15 to 30 mins of use, which I've returned many and finally got one from Microsoft that works, now as bluetooth mine works aswell but using the mic with a wireless or Bluetooth connection will vary, the headset id need to know.

Does the headset just plug into headphone jack in controller or has a usb?

Cronus Zen User

User Info Menu

it is connected directly to the xbox one s controller via the headphone jack. its some cheap mono earbud from amazon. Also, an unrelated question. Is an authenticating controller not needed if using the wireless adapter for crossover play?

Thanks

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Thumbs down Re: Xbox Wireless Adapter Losing Connection on PS4

I confirm, I also have the SAME problems. My configuration is XBOX One X + Wireless Adapter + Elite Controller V2. From what I am understanding there are a lot of users who have ALL the same problems. I hope the developers prove serious and resolve as soon as possible. In Italy, there are a lot of people who are selling their ZENs on eBay for these and other problems.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NOS4A2x View Post
    I confirm, I also have the SAME problems. My configuration is XBOX One X + Wireless Adapter + Elite Controller V2. From what I am understanding there are a lot of users who have ALL the same problems. I hope the developers prove serious and resolve as soon as possible. In Italy, there are a lot of people who are selling their ZENs on eBay for these and other problems.
    Your entitled to your opinion, but the users that experienced a adapter problem question has been answered many times, wireless adapters are notorious being faulty brand new out of box, id suggest return the one you have an buy a Microsoft adapter and hope its not faulty thanks.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I bought 2 more from two different sellers and are waiting for them to be delivered to me. Obviously if I solve the problem I will communicate it to you, hoping that it is the same and that out of 3 at least one works properly. What seems strange to me, however, is that these problems occur only with the ZEN, while if I play with the PC I have no problem ... well ...

PS: I'll throw it there .... wasn't it possible in the development phase to integrate the receiver directly into the ZEN avoiding all these problems?

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NOS4A2x View Post
    I'm also having this problem. I believe the zen after a while is shutting power down to usb ports after being idle for a while. I have to completely turn off zen by unplugging it then back in for it to pair. Its not the adapter as I have 3 of them

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmith View Post
    I'm also having this problem. I believe the zen after a while is shutting power down to usb ports after being idle for a while. I have to completely turn off zen by unplugging it then back in for it to pair. Its not the adapter as I have 3 of them
    I used 6 adapters and returned them before getting one that worked.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

i use the auth port....but thats just me or u need 2 elite controllers wired
    https://guide.cronusmax.com/help/emergency-recovery

reset it, you have to use the normal wire to update ect cmu update tool than you use the top wire plus hole on zen to make it appear on the list. after every update i have to do this... reset run cmu update. clearn the zen programs and use other top zen wire port to pc