Topic: No sound out of headset - ps4 dual shock controller

SILVER I

User Info Menu

No sound out of headset - ps4 dual shock controller

Hello,

Brand new user. Got my Zen yesterday. No issues getting it setup and working. I connected one of my controllers via Bluetooth to the Zen but learned that the headset will not work this way. I went back to hooking up via the pass through controller setup (cable) however the sound will still not work.

If I connect a different controller (never setup with bluetooth) to the Zen via the passthrough setup my headset works fine. Unfortunately the better of the two controllers is the one which the sound will no longer work with.

I've tried to factory reset the controller but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Re: No sound out of headset - ps4 dual shock controller

Hi,

what is the make and model of your controller ?

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PickleRickC137 View Post
    Hello,

Brand new user. Got my Zen yesterday. No issues getting it setup and working. I connected one of my controllers via Bluetooth to the Zen but learned that the headset will not work this way. I went back to hooking up via the pass through controller setup (cable) however the sound will still not work.

If I connect a different controller (never setup with bluetooth) to the Zen via the passthrough setup my headset works fine. Unfortunately the better of the two controllers is the one which the sound will no longer work with.

I've tried to factory reset the controller but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    I've been using a ps4 controller with headset and they work just fine, now you will need to look in the guide to make sure your ps4 controller supports headset and also go into the console settings and make sure the headset is enabled for the audio.

https://guide.cronusmax.com/help/troubleshooting

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

My PS4 controller always had not sound when connected to the zen and I'll made sure the zen is up-to-date

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andywinn83 View Post
    My PS4 controller always had not sound when connected to the zen and I'll made sure the zen is up-to-date
    Make sure ingame audio setting is enabled, use back port if possible.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XBL Jedi View Post
    Make sure ingame audio setting is enabled, use back port if possible.
    In-game audio where on PS4 or zen settings

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

In-game audio where on PS4 or zen settings
    Go to settings on ps4, devices and select audio and make sure its allowing mic for all audio

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Go to settings on ps4, devices and select audio and make sure its allowing mic for all audio
    It is yes it works when the zens not plugged in

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

It is yes it works when the zens not plugged in
    What's the controller model and what headset.
    It can be the controller in a1 or your best controller is not supported for audio with the zen and by checking the guide for ps4 controllers will let you know if it is supported for audio.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

What's the controller model and what headset.
    It can be the controller in a1 or your best controller is not supported for audio with the zen and by checking the guide for ps4 controllers will let you know if it is supported for audio.
    Hello m8 I'm using a PS4 controller and a scuff controller and my headset it the PS4 gold

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I've been using a ps4 controller with headset and they work just fine, now you will need to look in the guide to make sure your ps4 controller supports headset and also go into the console settings and make sure the headset is enabled for the audio.

https://guide.cronusmax.com/help/troubleshooting
    The controller I'm having the issue (basic ps4 dual shock controller) worked fine until I tried connecting it to the Zen via bluetooth, which is when the sound stopped working in my headset. I read that the headset will not work when connect via bluetooth so I reverted back to the cable connection. However the sound still does not work. I have a second controller, exactly the same which has never been connected via bluetooth and I can still get the audio to work through that one.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Basic ps4 dual shock controller.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PickleRickC137 View Post
    Basic ps4 dual shock controller.
    Try doing a emergency recovery on device and downgrade firmware and then update firmware.