Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anti-Recoil Changes?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Anti-Recoil Changes?

I decided to make a post to see if anybody else feels the same way about this.

I've used the Apex pro pack for ~3 months now (~10k or so kills since then) and I've noticed is that ever since the release of S7, the anti-recoil for some of the guns feels off.

I typically run either the mastiff, hemlock, volt, r301, or r99 and while the mastiff, hemlock and volt all feel the same as pre-S7 (the volts a goddamn beam btw), the recoil for the r301 and r99 feels noticeably different (particularly the 301). I'm not sure if little changes were made to recoil patterns during the release of S7 (maybe some small changes that weren't in the patch notes?), but it definitely feels different than before. Anybody feels the same?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Re: Anti-Recoil Changes?

Yeah agreed but some attachements arent supported by the pack. That being said i do feel like they move alot more than before!

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Yes absolutely agree ! I ever wanted to make a Topic which Settings you guys are alle using.
    Just for comparing i normally play the Flatline and the R301.

For the R301 : Anti Recoil 90 to 95 demands on the Attachments and Aim Assist with Level 12 because of the too strong shaking with Default 13.
    For the Flatline : Anti Recoil 95 to 100 also demands on the Attachments and Aim Assist is the same.

I kinda feel like i've lasered more before S7, kinda feels weird to Track the Enemies.
    Sometimes Anti Recoil is off, then i manually activate it again and in continues fine.
    It also feels weird when shooting on targets a bit more far away,it doesn't really stickwith the aim assist or anti recoil goes off..

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure anti-recoil at enemy targets and anti-recoil at anything else like a wall are completely different patterns because of the aim assist. I think I read that in the discord, but I might be wrong. Maybe the gun mods are designed for one and not the other. Or maybe aim assist has been adjusted in this new season and it's slightly affecting recoil.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SALisRad View Post
    I'm pretty sure anti-recoil at enemy targets and anti-recoil at anything else like a wall are completely different patterns because of the aim assist. I think I read that in the discord, but I might be wrong. Maybe the gun mods are designed for one and not the other. Or maybe aim assist has been adjusted in this new season and it's slightly affecting recoil.
    I've played around with different aim assist settings and it doesn't seem to help the anti-recoil pattern. For some reason the 301 anti-recoil pattern just seems way off. I'll try to post comparison videos from pre-S7 and S7 so that hopefully this gets more attention because the recoil pattern for the 301 definitely needs to be adjusted. Hopefully Moose can help us out with this.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Hmm.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisfantasea View Post
    Also, one thing I believe Respawn implemented (especially with the R301 and possibly R99) is that they also implemented 'random recoil whilst shooting'. So whilst it follows the same pattern, it would flick off to the left or right randomly. I believe this was done as a 'soft nerf' to the guns. Maybe they increased the randomness on it?
    Yeah I think I read about that on Reddit as well. Thats exactly what I've noticed about S7 update - the 301 will flick off to the left or right randomly causing me to miss a ton of shots (it seem to mainly flick off to right from what I've noticed in games/firing range). I'm not sure if the anti-recoil can be adjusted for this new pattern, but it would make a huge difference if we could get a fix. I used the 301 all the time pre-S7, but I hardly use it at all anymore because the anti-recoil is just way off.

I think the 301 is one of the few guns that they changed the pattern on, because the anti-recoil for the volt is still spot on and feels exactly the same as pre-S7. Hopefully we can get some adjustments made for the 301 soon because I really miss using that gun

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Just bumping this back up to the top. Hopefully we can get some adjustments from Moose

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JBettz For This Useful Post:

The GPC Godfather

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBettz View Post
    Just bumping this back up to the top. Hopefully we can get some adjustments from Moose

Attachment 8331

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

There is inherent randomness being applied to the weapon every time you fire. Sometimes it will veer to the left/right/up/down very inconsistantly. Try to shoot at a wall 3-5 times and look at the difference of the recoil.

If you could send a video with all of your settings (in-game and in Zen Condig) that would help with troubleshooting. last time we tested all weapons with no attachments was working quite well with Classic/Small deadzone/Response Curve.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MajestikMøøse View Post
    There is inherent randomness being applied to the weapon every time you fire. Sometimes it will veer to the left/right/up/down very inconsistantly. Try to shoot at a wall 3-5 times and look at the difference of the recoil.

If you could send a video with all of your settings (in-game and in Zen Condig) that would help with troubleshooting. last time we tested all weapons with no attachments was working quite well with Classic/Small deadzone/Response Curve.
    I figured there was inherent randomness in the recoil that would be tough to account for. I’ll try aiming at a wall to get a better idea of this. I’ll also try to upload a video of my settings as you requested, but just in case that doesn’t work, my settings while using the r301 are:

Sensitivity: 5
    ADS Sensitivity: Same
    Response Curve: Classic
    Primary weapon: r301
    Anti-Recoil: 105
    Aim Assist: 10

I’m almost certain that changes were made to the r301 recoil pattern during the release of season 7. The r301 was the primary gun I used with the Apex Pro pack for nearly 2 seasons and I have roughly 10,000 kills or so using that gun + pack. Having logged hundreds of hours, I can say without a doubt that the recoil pattern is not nearly as consistent as it used to be.

It’s strange that anti-recoil patterns for guns like the Volt are almost perfect, with hardly any randomness. Maybe there were only adjustments made to the r301/r99 recoil patterns?

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Hey guys,
    I cann agree to @JBettz!

I was using the R301 the whole time and it's kinda different. I was playing this gun with a anti recoil value of 95 to 90. Now i have to Play with a value of 105, seems to work best for me.

FOV: 100
    Sensitivity: 7
    ADS Sensitivity: 4
    Response Curve: Classic
    Primary weapon: r301
    Anti-Recoil: 105
    Aim Assist: 10

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I'm also feeling the same with both R301 and the Flatline... something just feels a little off with them no matter what adjustments.

Volt is a laser beam though!

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Yes !
    Yesterday i went to the firing range to check out the spray pattern of the R301 with 5 full clips into the wall. You can slightly see the randomness that was applied to the pattern, i will see if i can post this here. For me it isn't worth now to play the R301 and Flatline, so i switched to Hemlok and Volt. Volt is a absolut beam and Hemlok is not often easy to set up with anti recoil but yeah. Played about 4 Seasons R301 but for now it is not really useless but it is disappointing to use the 301 :/

Attachment 8441Attachment 8441

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsab View Post
    Yes !
    Yesterday i went to the firing range to check out the spray pattern of the R301 with 5 full clips into the wall. You can slightly see the randomness that was applied to the pattern, i will see if i can post this here. For me it isn't worth now to play the R301 and Flatline, so i switched to Hemlok and Volt. Volt is a absolut beam and Hemlok is not often easy to set up with anti recoil but yeah. Played about 4 Seasons R301 but for now it is not really useless but it is disappointing to use the 301 :/

Attachment 8441Attachment 8441
    The best advice I can give for the flatline is to strafe slightly to the right when you begin to fire and then slightly left when you have about a half mag left. It’s not perfect all the time, but you’ll be much more consistent this way. Set anti recoil to ~105 and DO NOT use anything over a 1x sight, as this will be impossible to control.

As for the 301, I can’t find a way to control the recoil as the anti-recoil for that gun is simply way off. The best piece of advice I can give would be to strafe relatively quickly back and forth to offset some of the random horizontal recoil (but i avoid this gun at all costs now).

Hopefully the 301 anti recoil gets fixed for the pro pack because I miss using it as well

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Hi guys,

Is this the issue your having?

I posted about it but it's pending a moderator approval..

See this video, is this happening to you?

R301 weapon ai active in this video. The horizontal movement get cut out or over tired by the anti recoil it feels like

https://youtu.be/iJN1cJ39ms4

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

I updated my Cronus Zen firmware (2.0.9 I believe) and my Apex Pro Pack to the latest versions today. I know that Apex dropped an update today and reintroduced the map Kings Canyon, so maybe there were some hidden recoil adjustments included in the update as well.

As you can see from the the photo, the R301 anti-recoil pattern still needs to be fixed. Right now the R301 kicks sharply to the left and then back to the right toward the end of the magazine. It also kicks slightly from left to right (a small amount) during the beginning/middle of the mag.

I’ve used the R301 consistently, almost every day, for hours at a time, since the release of the Apex Season 7 weeks ago. So, I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of how these anti-recoil patterns have changed and how they’re currently flawed.

Given that season 7 is going to be over soon, hopefully we can get some adjustments made for season 8. Please help us out here!

Attachment 8486
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. The Following User Says Thank You to JBettz For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

I 2nd this that there are new recoil patterns and needs to be fixed asap, everything seems off now!!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

So after downloading the new Cronus Zen firmware + the updated Apex Pro Pack, I forgot to change my dead zone to small (I had it on none). This seemed to fix the Volt recoil as its now a beam like it was before.

However, the R301 is still off and has the same pattern as before. Kicks sharply to the left and then sharply back to the right at the end of the mag and is also pretty squirrelly throughout the whole mag in general.

Just wanted to clear this up, as the volt anti-recoil pattern was a mistake on my end.

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

There is an issue with the game pack at the moment causing slight problems with all guns bro.. the devs are aware so hopefully a fix soon

SILVER III

User Info Menu

I also agree, weapons like: r301, r99, flatline are less consistent with the pro pack's current anti recoil values. And volt, spitfire beam all time.

GamePack [PRO] Support

User Info Menu

Attachment 8503
    just got these, they're looking fine to me. Get them at 3 sens on Xbox 1 S. Base weapons no attachments.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MajestikMøøse View Post
    Attachment 8503
    just got these, they're looking fine to me. Get them at 3 sens on Xbox 1 S. Base weapons no attachments.
    Thanks for the reply to this topic.

1) What is your in-game FOV set as?

2) Did you change the aim-assist from the default '13'?

3) Is '3' sens the recommended setting or is anything under 7 fine? I prefer '4', but decreasing to '3' wouldn't really be a big deal.

4) Does increasing the look/aim sens alter the effectiveness of the aim-assist or anti-recoil in any way, assuming it is under '7'?

5) I use the rapid crouch fire mod for hip-firing in CQC, but rapid couch seems way too fast from my 1st person POV. From a 3rd person POV the character doesn't appear to crouch at all, and when viewing a friend firing at me while using the rapid crouch fire mod, it's difficult to tell that he's crouching at all, just looks like his character is spazzing out.

6) I'm using 'button puncher' as my set-up with a strike pack attached to my DS4 (wired connection into Zen) for the paddles. In-game settings for crouch is set to "HOLD". I have crouch (R3) bound to L paddle, and jump (X) bound to the right paddle. I have found that when my character is in the act of healing health or shields, I am unable to crouch up and down while moving into/out of cover to keep tabs on the enemy. So far, this has been the only instance where it seems the R3 button input is blocked, otherwise is works fine. Bhopping and hop-straffing work very well using this set up.

Firmware for both Zen and strike-pack are current and the strikepack is only being used for the paddles, no mods are activated. All connections to PS4Pro and Zen have been double-checked to be correct.

Thank you again Moose for looking into this!

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Thank you Moose! (Addressed the question/reply on Discord)

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phyther View Post
    Thank you Moose! (Addressed the question/reply on Discord)
    can you share the settings here too please?

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicheleSarasini View Post
    can you share the settings here too please?
    1: I'd recommend using the default FOV because that is what the AR Profiles were designed with. You can just try it out and compare yourself :0.
    2: changing the value will make the screen shake more, but that doesn't necessarily make it better at 'sticking' or 'tracking'
    3: Any camera sensitivity is fine, just make sure that you match your settings in-game and in the Zen Config.
    4: 8 Sens doesn't have Aim Assist, but all camera sens have roughly the same effectiveness of Anti-Recoil.
    5: I will be adjusting this in a future update.
    6: we'll look into it :0

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Phyther For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Hey guys

Well , you can look into this thread i posted a few days ago :https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthr...Pack-really-do

We also have some Problems with the Anti Recoil , especially with the R301 , Flatline , R99...

I would like to say something to the points that were made in the post above:

1. Well if we really NEED to use the default 70 FOV this is absolutely weird. I don't know anybody who is playing with the default 70 FOV and this should be reworked if possible, the FOV should not have a effect on the Mod.

2.Easily disable the AA Mod, trust me, it just has a unbelievable small effect like it doesn't really work. Some people out of this Forum including me are playing without AA of the Zen because it sometimes feels weird to track and aim on a enemy and the screen will shake above the default 13...

3. If you wan't to use the R301 as a beam you can use it with a value of 95% WITH a purple or gold stabilizer, if you haven't any attachments i play the R301 with 105%.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebsab For This Useful Post:

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsab View Post
    Hey guys

Well , you can look into this thread i posted a few days ago :https://cronusmax.com/forums/showthr...Pack-really-do

We also have some Problems with the Anti Recoil , especially with the R301 , Flatline , R99...

I would like to say something to the points that were made in the post above:

1. Well if we really NEED to use the default 70 FOV this is absolutely weird. I don't know anybody who is playing with the default 70 FOV and this should be reworked if possible, the FOV should not have a effect on the Mod.

2.Easily disable the AA Mod, trust me, it just has a unbelievable small effect like it doesn't really work. Some people out of this Forum including me are playing without AA of the Zen because it sometimes feels weird to track and aim on a enemy and the screen will shake above the default 13...

3. If you wan't to use the R301 as a beam you can use it with a value of 95% WITH a purple or gold stabilizer, if you haven't any attachments i play the R301 with 105%.
    I agree with FOV 70 it is strange to play, I tried to put the settings as recommended but in any case the anti recoil of the r301 r99 e fletline is not perfect, moreover having a nacon Unlimited if you change the sens of the sticks it worsens the 'effect

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MicheleSarasini For This Useful Post:

SILVER IV

User Info Menu

Uhhhh @MicheleSarasini i didn't expect to meet someone who has also a Nacon Controller here.

I also have the Nacon Revolution unlimited pro and this controller is very accurate and not easy to control because i also think that the pressure that is needed to move the thumbstick is very low so its very sensitive.

I tried many Profiles on this controller to see if this will have a affect and it does so i try for weeks now to settle with a sensitivity.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MicheleSarasini View Post
    I agree with FOV 70 it is strange to play, I tried to put the settings as recommended but in any case the anti recoil of the r301 r99 e fletline is not perfect, moreover having a nacon Unlimited if you change the sens of the sticks it worsens the 'effect
    Agreed 100% on the FOV.. going from 90 (what I’ve used since day 1) to 70 has been exceptionally difficult and feel it’s placed me at a disadvantage. The game feels weird, movement feels constricted, and just simply OFF...

I’m going back to 90 FOV and turning aim-assist off or way down on my ZEN and go from there.

I do appreciate the hard work and efforts by Moose et al regardless!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast