Topic: Fimware auth reset PS5

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Fimware auth reset PS5

Hi, i have PS5 and cronus zen, but I didn't spend money in a third-party controller!
    While it doesn't have a full support to PS5...
    Why the dev's don't do a bera firmware that can authenticate always in reset mode??
    So it would not be necessary to disconnect and always connect manually.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Re: Fimware auth reset PS5

I tried this complicated device on my ps5 and nothing works and nobody can help

Support Staff

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jadopt View Post
    Hi, i have PS5 and cronus zen, but I didn't spend money in a third-party controller!While it doesn't have a full support to PS5...
    Why the dev's don't do a bera firmware that can authenticate always in reset mode??
    So it would not be necessary to disconnect and always connect manually.
    Keep in mind not many people have a PS5 yet and it is in beta so not many people are using it to respond to you.

It is a beta so it is just temporary, a better solution would probably come with the full support.

Did you mean rest mode instead of reset mode?
    You could reset the device by pressing the blue button on the bottom if that helps you connect your controller easier. It probably loses it's authentication in that state because it changes when the console is turned back on. I'm not really sure why.
    Otherwise maybe that will be fixed in a later update so that it can connect to the controller without unplugging.

I do not own a PS5 so keep that in mind I have no experience with this.

SILVER ELITE

User Info Menu

Sorry my English is bad, the dualsense or ds4 works well on PS5 for about 8 to 10 minutes using 2.09.40 beta firmware.
    After that, need to turn off and on the cronus Zen to the ps5, to work again, every ten minutes...

My suggestion is to create a beta firmware that does this automatically without having to do it every time manually.

Using the device in "authenticate reset mode".

I do not agree with you, many people are using the cronus zen on ps5 just see the various messages on the forum, moreover I bought mine for that!

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jadopt View Post
    Sorry my English is bad, the dualsense or ds4 works well on PS5 for about 8 to 10 minutes using 2.09.40 beta firmware.
    After that, need to turn off and on the cronus Zen to the ps5, to work again, every ten minutes...

My suggestion is to create a beta firmware that does this automatically without having to do it every time manually.

Using the device in "authenticate reset mode".

I do not agree with you, many people are using the cronus zen on ps5 just see the various messages on the forum, moreover I bought mine for that!
    If you got a ps5 then you need to get a donor controller that's 30 to 40 bucks, and using a donor controller you will not experience any disconnects, as you see there is a firmware that.s not beta and is 2.0.9, there was a beta firmware was v2.0.9beta32 - v2.0.9 beta40, when you read thru the forums or the manual you will see 3rd party donor controller is required PlayStation 5 - Cronus Zen User Guide (cronusmax.com)

SILVER III

User Info Menu

Installed what I wanted to install on the PS4 to give that a try. Once I plug the zen into the system I can't get into the settings or anything when it says hold l2 and menu. It doesn't work

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Junior12 View Post
    Installed what I wanted to install on the PS4 to give that a try. Once I plug the zen into the system I can't get into the settings or anything when it says hold l2 and menu. It doesn't work
    Hold L2 and press options on the controller and the menu will open up.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

The Cronus Zen isn't working on PS5 for me either. I've followed the instructions (https://guide.cronusmax.com/systems/playstation-5#supported-speciality-controllers). I updated the firmware to the latest BETA and enabled the PS4 speciality feature in the zen studio software.

The controller worked once when I used it, but has not worked since and I have gone through the whole process several time to try and get it to work.

I am using a Playstation Dual Shock 4 controller for the "donor"

Very frustrating.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steveparadox View Post
    The Cronus Zen isn't working on PS5 for me either. I've followed the instructions (https://guide.cronusmax.com/systems/playstation-5#supported-speciality-controllers). I updated the firmware to the latest BETA and enabled the PS4 speciality feature in the zen studio software.

The controller worked once when I used it, but has not worked since and I have gone through the whole process several time to try and get it to work.

I am using a Playstation Dual Shock 4 controller for the "donor"

Very frustrating.
    The last firmware version is not beta. Its named v2.0.9, also if your using a ds4 controller as a donor and ds5 in other port on the zen, you will notice the ds5 will disconnect, id get a hori pad mini for a donor to save the hassle if you want to play a ps4 game or ps5 game.

SILVER III

User Info Menu

This thing has yet to work for me. What a water of money

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Junior12 View Post
    This thing has yet to work for me. What a water of money
    You entitled to your own opinion. Please read the guide that you haven't read, you need a donor controller bc the ds4 you trying to use is not a donor controller, while reading th guide you will see a list of supported donor controllers.