Topic: Cronus ZEN unable to register

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Cronus ZEN unable to register

Hi,

I have been unable to register my cronus ZEN, This is my second one and I had the first one recognised by ZEN studios but then when plugin it back in after disconnecting it said device not connected. I tried a hard reset, i tried redoing the firmaware update etc also tried different USB ports.

It makes a sound like its recognised the cronus but its still not showing connected.

I bought a second one thinking it was a defective product/cable and im getting the same problem.

Please help, im running this on a windows 10 PC and ultimately want it for use on a PC not console.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Cronus ZEN unable to register

Have you tried an uninstall of the Zen Studio software. Reboot the pc and then reinstall of Studio.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NitroMDX21 View Post
    Hi,

I have been unable to register my cronus ZEN, This is my second one and I had the first one recognised by ZEN studios but then when plugin it back in after disconnecting it said device not connected. I tried a hard reset, i tried redoing the firmaware update etc also tried different USB ports.

It makes a sound like its recognised the cronus but its still not showing connected.

I bought a second one thinking it was a defective product/cable and im getting the same problem.

Please help, im running this on a windows 10 PC and ultimately want it for use on a PC not console.
    Send a picture of how you have it hooked up to pc, 9 out of 10 user is using wrong cable

SILVER II

User Info Menu

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Above is the cable im connecting, i think 9/10 seems a bit harsh .

The instructions say to use the right side mini USB for connecting to ZEN studios which i have done only after i updated the firmware using the micro usb on the top.

I even bought a new cable despite the fact i have 2 x cronus ZEN and im still getting the same issue.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Above is the cable im connecting, i think 9/10 seems a bit harsh .

The instructions say to use the right side mini USB for connecting to ZEN studios which i have done only after i updated the firmware using the micro usb on the top.

I even bought a new cable despite the fact i have 2 x cronus ZEN and im still getting the same issue.
    Which windows or Mac you using? Have you tried to connect the zen to a port on pc thats connected to motherboard?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Yeah, tried all USB ports and they all give the same result. Cronus is powered up, i see the gear heads logo etc but Zen studios doesn't register it being connected.

Im using Windows 10.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Yeah, tried all USB ports and they all give the same result. Cronus is powered up, i see the gear heads logo etc but Zen studios doesn't register it being connected.

Im using Windows 10.
    ok the other one registers fine with studios correct?

SILVER II

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XBL Jedi View Post
    ok the other one registers fine with studios correct?
    no mate, both of them have the same issue, cant get either of them to shows connected in ZEN studios hence why i cant register or load packs.

I want to just return the device but the support from cronus and difficulty being able to speak to anybody is beyond a joke.

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

no mate, both of them have the same issue, cant get either of them to shows connected in ZEN studios hence why i cant register or load packs.

I want to just return the device but the support from cronus and difficulty being able to speak to anybody is beyond a joke.
    What firmware version is your zen on?