Topic: Unable to run any gamepacks on my Zen - No errors codes, studio just freezes

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Exclamation Unable to run any gamepacks on my Zen - No errors codes, studio just freezes

I have spent the majority of today scouring both official and unofficial forums for the Cronus Zen to find my problem and there is nothing I can find. Whenever I load up the Zen Studio and plug in my Cronus everything runs fine until I go to run "program device" on the studio and the interface just... freezes; this is probably the best way to describe it. There are no error codes on the OLED display of the device and the "programming/downloading... please wait" (not sure what the exact message is just seen that is obviously what is meant to appear once the command is ran) does not appear over the 8 memory slots where you drop and drag the gamepacks <- I hope that makes sense I'm struggling to describe it.

I can move my mouse around the "programmer" tab and even drag and drop more gamepacks into the slots but literally all of the other inputs and tabs within the studio are, like, greyed out?? I hover over them and try to click them and nothing happens. I have troubleshooted the best I can by reupdating firmware, reverting to a slightly older version of the firmware, factory resetting the Cronus Zen, reinstalling the studio, using the scrubzen zip file, using 2 different usb's, trying different usb ports on my device and no luck. I have opened a ticket privately but figured I would also post here to get some community opinion as this seems like a unique and strange error. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I am very excited to use this device

I am using an xbox series s controller and an xbox series s. I have tried having my PC, controller and console connected to the zen while trying to run the "program device" command and I have also tried only having the zen plugged in

I am desperate. Thanks

Also if this is an obvious error on my part I apologise but I honestly have exhausted all of my knowledge

TL;DR - Zen studio cannot program device to run gamepack, no error codes or obvious fix

GamePack Support Manager

User Info Menu

Re: Unable to run any gamepacks on my Zen - No errors codes, studio just freezes

Quote Originally Posted by Beuttell View Post
    I have spent the majority of today scouring both official and unofficial forums for the Cronus Zen to find my problem and there is nothing I can find. Whenever I load up the Zen Studio and plug in my Cronus everything runs fine until I go to run "program device" on the studio and the interface just... freezes; this is probably the best way to describe it. There are no error codes on the OLED display of the device and the "programming/downloading... please wait" (not sure what the exact message is just seen that is obviously what is meant to appear once the command is ran) does not appear over the 8 memory slots where you drop and drag the gamepacks <- I hope that makes sense I'm struggling to describe it.

I can move my mouse around the "programmer" tab and even drag and drop more gamepacks into the slots but literally all of the other inputs and tabs within the studio are, like, greyed out?? I hover over them and try to click them and nothing happens. I have troubleshooted the best I can by reupdating firmware, reverting to a slightly older version of the firmware, factory resetting the Cronus Zen, reinstalling the studio, using the scrubzen zip file, using 2 different usb's, trying different usb ports on my device and no luck. I have opened a ticket privately but figured I would also post here to get some community opinion as this seems like a unique and strange error. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I am very excited to use this device

I am using an xbox series s controller and an xbox series s. I have tried having my PC, controller and console connected to the zen while trying to run the "program device" command and I have also tried only having the zen plugged in

I am desperate. Thanks

Also if this is an obvious error on my part I apologise but I honestly have exhausted all of my knowledge

TL;DR - Zen studio cannot program device to run gamepack, no error codes or obvious fix
    When saving a gamepack or script you drag and drop the gamepack to a slot and click the play icon, also make sure you are using the program cable in right side of the zen and your device firmware and studio software is up-to-date.

SILVER I

User Info Menu

Re: Unable to run any gamepacks on my Zen - No errors codes, studio just freezes

Hi,

This is the case I am using the right cable and have done all the other instructions you have told me as well, it just doesn't work like I said it always does this weird freeze/crash thing :///

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

try another pc , to set your zen , i guess its windows issue not the devise itself , windows 10

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hitmann For This Useful Post:

SILVER I

User Info Menu

That worked! Thanks so much )))

GOLD NOVA I

User Info Menu

have fun my friend